Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
11/30/2023  6:41 PM
martin wrote:
martin wrote:
martin wrote:

I think Dunn will be picked earlier, but maybe the Knicks can package picks or something along those lines to move up for Dunn. He’s the sort of big wing/ small ball big that the Knicks can and should target as an alternative to Anunoby. The shooting isn’t there so his ceiling is probably closer to someone like Herb Jones, but I still would take that as a developmental prospect and use him the way the Knicks use McBride, but the wing version until he develops the shot a bit. Knicks need big wings who can moonlight at PF and unfortunately those guys aren’t really on the market and few would be considered an upgrade to anyone in our rotation. Dunn is a New Yorker and a CAA client so I would have to think the Knicks would be in on him and he would have interest in them.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/1/2023  8:33 AM
That sweet, sweet second round pick from Detroit looking sweeter.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
USA
12/1/2023  11:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2023  11:46 AM
martin wrote:That sweet, sweet second round pick from Detroit looking sweeter.

Pick 31 is so valuable because the Knicks can modify the salary however they want. It’s an easy way to get a good prospect on a 4-year minimum contract with complete team control. Those end up being key value for good team building.

martin
USA
12/1/2023  6:23 PM
Would be so much fun to watching him with the Knicks second unit

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

12/2/2023  7:36 AM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
martin wrote:
martin wrote:

I think Dunn will be picked earlier, but maybe the Knicks can package picks or something along those lines to move up for Dunn. He’s the sort of big wing/ small ball big that the Knicks can and should target as an alternative to Anunoby. The shooting isn’t there so his ceiling is probably closer to someone like Herb Jones, but I still would take that as a developmental prospect and use him the way the Knicks use McBride, but the wing version until he develops the shot a bit. Knicks need big wings who can moonlight at PF and unfortunately those guys aren’t really on the market and few would be considered an upgrade to anyone in our rotation. Dunn is a New Yorker and a CAA client so I would have to think the Knicks would be in on him and he would have interest in them.

That type of player is on the Houston roster Tari Eason. We should make a trade for him or at least a good offer before he improves like Jalen Johnson has over in Atlanta

Knixkik
USA
12/3/2023  8:53 AM
martin wrote:Would be so much fun to watching him with the Knicks second unit

Completely agree. Dunn would be awesome, even without a jump shot. With the Knicks having a very established system and culture, we can make informed assumptions of players we know they will be interested in. Dunn is absolutely a player on their radar. Another for me is Reed Sheppard. Although he’s another guy who may move too high up the draft board. He’s another combo guard but man can he play. Shooter and defender that is all over the floor. Maybe similar to DDV but you can never have enough of those guys. Dunn and Sheppard have Knicks pick written all over them. Even if they have to consolidate picks to move up for one of them. And getting both would be a dream.

martin
USA
12/5/2023  9:16 AM
Knixkik
USA
12/5/2023  10:07 AM
martin wrote:

This list seems reasonable. I saw Ryan Dunn play once and knew he would likely be out of our range at some point. Even though he’s a big wing from NY and CAA I don’t see the way to get him unless it involves moving up significantly in the draft. He’s Herb Jones 2.0.

Some guys in our range also quickly moving up: Kevin McCullar. He’s a big wing who would fit defensively. As a 5th year player I think he can only move up so much. He could be another Josh Hart in a lot of ways and would fit. Trevon Brazile is a solid option for a more traditional backup PF. He lacks size for center and isn’t a wing, but he can knock down threes and play D as a backup for Randle maybe a little better in that role than Toppin was. And my favorite is Reed Sheppard. I’m wondering if he still has another big jump in the rankings because he can shoot and plays really hard, or if his size caps him. He’s 6’2 but not a PG. He’s essentially a slightly smaller DiVincenzo but would fit the culture here. If we are drafting later in the first round the focus should be finding guys we just know are legit NBA players. He’s one of those guys.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/5/2023  11:52 AM

This kid develops a 3 point shot sheesh. Worth the shot just to see if he could develop it.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knixkik
USA
12/5/2023  1:28 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

This kid develops a 3 point shot sheesh. Worth the shot just to see if he could develop it.

He’s 100% worth a shot. But I’ll be shocked if he’s not a lottery pick if not top 10 since it’s a weak draft at the top.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/5/2023  1:32 PM
Appreciate you guys posting all these nuggets. Not much to say at this point but can we all agree - no Frenchmen?
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/5/2023  3:32 PM
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

He’s 100% worth a shot. But I’ll be shocked if he’s not a lottery pick if not top 10 since it’s a weak draft at the top.

Possible, but we also have 4 picks in this draft. Could potentially target and move up for him.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knixkik
USA
12/5/2023  6:57 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Possible, but we also have 4 picks in this draft. Could potentially target and move up for him.

Yes moving up is always a very slight possibility. The Knicks try to do it every year without success though. But you’re right that’s best case scenario.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/5/2023  10:31 PM
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Yes moving up is always a very slight possibility. The Knicks try to do it every year without success though. But you’re right that’s best case scenario.

Moving up a few spots can be realistic - from the twenties to the top ten would entail a lot of assets. More than next draft's total picks.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/6/2023  10:56 AM
This is going to be a fun draft. No clear no.1 or top 5 thus yet. Knicks with picks and trade assets have an opportunity to do something special by moving up but also by "moving around". You can snag a real talent 1-15. Some teams need picks and some really are set with yoot and might be willing and able to deal.
This is where you find and make a list of "high conviction players" you want and in the days before make the play. Sometimes they just fall also.
But it won't be special on draft day. It might not be apparent for some time. We'll boo the move on draft day but it all get sorted out on the court in time.
This is where you send Evan, IQ, and a pick for a higher one. money aside, IQ is the prize for the team who thinks they can't draft a ready now player as good as him.
We take the risk. We take back money also. Win win.
Can't tell you who. Im "Open concept" here. Im not saying we pick a Haliburton or a Giannis. If so, it takes a few years for that to emerge.
Trading IQ for no instant gratification return would be unpopular. IQ in my opinion is not an allstar and we need to grow some. You get them by trade, FA and by draft.
create opportunities to get lucky.
martin
USA
12/7/2023  8:54 AM
martin
USA
12/18/2023  2:40 PM
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

12/19/2023  8:19 AM
that DET pick is practically a 3rd 1st rounder for us. right now we'd have #19, #21 and #31. And I think DAL will fall further. We also have another 2nd from CLE I believe?

No way we can draft 4 rookies, if we don't trade for a star we probably have to package the picks to move up or punt them down the line for future use.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/19/2023  8:36 AM
nycericanguy wrote:that DET pick is practically a 3rd 1st rounder for us. right now we'd have #19, #21 and #31. And I think DAL will fall further. We also have another 2nd from CLE I believe?

No way we can draft 4 rookies, if we don't trade for a star we probably have to package the picks to move up or punt them down the line for future use.

without a clear top 10 order as of now, the draft might have some real gems 10-20 so perhaps we reach up and consolidate for the right player. Who? Thats not on the FO to have a high conviction on someone. That, and a team would need to want more picks. This can get convoluted in many ways if it involves a player as well.
Im sure there will be plenty of blog scenarios presented as draft order comes into focus. Knicks won't be alone in this space so it could be a fun draft with lots of movement.
Nobody is really tanking this year without a star to catch. Teams either suck or they are in the large middle class.

2024 draft thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy