4/18/2024  7:02 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:Not for nothing, but if I'm Dunn, I'd WANT to be drafted by the Knicks.

Perfect fit and he can chill for a year or so on the bench and work on his shot.

Brock will wanna trade to the 31st pick to nab him as a 2nd rounder and carry it out from there.

Considering he’s CAA and there’s not a ton of high upside players late in the first round, I can see him being one of the picks. They can take a Kolek or McCullar type at 24 who can be a contributor when needed, and Dunn as a project at 25. He can learn a lot from OG and Hart on how to contribute without elite offensive skills, while being an elite defensive prospect. It would be a good fit for both team and player as a longterm prospect.

If I had to take 2 guys, those would be perfect guys.

I think they take Dunn-type and punt the others (or use in trade).

50% free throw shooter... Maybe he can Mitch some tips. I'll trust the scouting team, but I see Dunn as a second round pick.

triggering Ntlikina flashbacks with those measurements

I was going to say he would be a good gamble if they thought they could get some offense from him but 50% FT is tough

Not a Leon Rose kind of pick. All defense no offense is not worth a guaranteed contract. You want that sign Nlikina for vet min.

You mean like Precious? Or Mitch? Or Deuce for 2 years?

Dunn has awful offensive numbers. Unless he can score a little he is no go. You mentioned Precious we can get a vet for vet min. Deuce had great offensive numbers in college. Mitch was a second rounder as well and a previous administration.

I agree about the awful offensive numbers. He was a late bloomer that didn’t play basketball until high school and probably had minimal training. He started his career as a walk on. He’s a unique case. With nba training he would need a few years to start from scratch offensively but seems more like a blank slate than a limited prospect.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/18/2024  7:41 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:Not for nothing, but if I'm Dunn, I'd WANT to be drafted by the Knicks.

Perfect fit and he can chill for a year or so on the bench and work on his shot.

Brock will wanna trade to the 31st pick to nab him as a 2nd rounder and carry it out from there.

Considering he’s CAA and there’s not a ton of high upside players late in the first round, I can see him being one of the picks. They can take a Kolek or McCullar type at 24 who can be a contributor when needed, and Dunn as a project at 25. He can learn a lot from OG and Hart on how to contribute without elite offensive skills, while being an elite defensive prospect. It would be a good fit for both team and player as a longterm prospect.

50% free throw shooter... Maybe he can Mitch some tips. I'll trust the scouting team, but I see Dunn as a second round pick.

I was going to say he would be a good gamble if they thought they could get some offense from him but 50% FT is tough

Not a Leon Rose kind of pick. All defense no offense is not worth a guaranteed contract. You want that sign Nlikina for vet min.

Dunn has awful offensive numbers. Unless he can score a little he is no go. You mentioned Precious we can get a vet for vet min. Deuce had great offensive numbers in college. Mitch was a second rounder as well and a previous administration.

I agree about the awful offensive numbers. He was a late bloomer that didn’t play basketball until high school and probably had minimal training. He started his career as a walk on. He’s a unique case. With nba training he would need a few years to start from scratch offensively but seems more like a blank slate than a limited prospect.

There it is. Is his shot broken or underdeveloped?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

4/18/2024  7:59 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

If on draft night he is on the board when we pick I d wager they take someone else in the first. If he is there in the second round they will take him. That's my bet. Let's see what happens

Alpha1971

4/18/2024  8:02 PM
They could get Tari Eason who can shoot instead of Dunn.
martin
USA
4/18/2024  8:13 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:They could get Tari Eason who can shoot instead of Dunn.

Tari seems out of rotation the year. What’s up? Injured?

Alpha1971

4/19/2024  12:15 AM
martin wrote:

Got me, I don't watch Houston at all. Just know there are going to be players that don't make rotations due to the number of other young players they have. Look at OKC they also got a lottery pick that never plays in Dieng. Look some young player like that will shake free this year like we let go of Grimes. Team could look for a young player on a cheap deal then give a first rounder guaranteed money as limited as Ryan Dunn. Just my two cents, we will see in the summer.

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/19/2024  12:38 AM

Except he’s not the defender Dunn is. But otherwise I like him.

Knixkik
USA
4/19/2024  12:40 AM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Has to be underdeveloped. He’s new to basketball. The defensive attributes and instincts are just natural talent.

Alpha1971

4/19/2024  12:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2024  12:56 AM
Knixkik wrote:

Never seen Dunn play. Just looking at the numbers. Let them scout and interview him. Dunn might be the guy. Just not thinking he is the guy for the Knicks as a first rounder. Sure second round but I could be wrong. Interested to see if Rokas comes over and who the Knicks might add to the rotation in the off season. I think the team will trade first for future firsts more then likely. Why Dunn over Jacob Toppin sound like similar players but Toppin has shown offensive progress and is inexpensive and a good character guy. That's my point, other directions with unguaranteed money or vet min for that. Now you tell me Dunn is a future rotation piece who can score with a reliable J then you pay to develop him. But why not just trade some seconds or a first for a player under contract with the same skill set for the bench who is ready now ?

Knixkik
USA
4/20/2024  8:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/20/2024  8:39 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Never seen Dunn play. Just looking at the numbers. Let them scout and interview him. Dunn might be the guy. Just not thinking he is the guy for the Knicks as a first rounder. Sure second round but I could be wrong. Interested to see if Rokas comes over and who the Knicks might add to the rotation in the off season. I think the team will trade first for future firsts more then likely. Why Dunn over Jacob Toppin sound like similar players but Toppin has shown offensive progress and is inexpensive and a good character guy. That's my point, other directions with unguaranteed money or vet min for that. Now you tell me Dunn is a future rotation piece who can score with a reliable J then you pay to develop him. But why not just trade some seconds or a first for a player under contract with the same skill set for the bench who is ready now ?

I’m not sure if the Knicks can trade a first for a future first this year. We are talking about late first round picks in a not great draft. What’s the value, a highly protected pick? Knicks first option I bet will be to try and package them to move up. Devin Carter would seem like a prime target for them. But still, it’s a mediocre draft and teams won’t be lining up to trade down. I still think the most likely thing is to stay put and draft 2 prospects they like and hope at least 1 becomes a contributor on a rookie contract. They are lurking near the aprons once they resign OG and Hartenstein so they need cheap help.

Alpha1971

4/20/2024  10:56 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I’m not sure if the Knicks can trade a first for a future first this year. We are talking about late first round picks in a not great draft. What’s the value, a highly protected pick? Knicks first option I bet will be to try and package them to move up. Devin Carter would seem like a prime target for them. But still, it’s a mediocre draft and teams won’t be lining up to trade down. I still think the most likely thing is to stay put and draft 2 prospects they like and hope at least 1 becomes a contributor on a rookie contract. They are lurking near the aprons once they resign OG and Hartenstein so they need cheap help.

Well I trust the team to draft at pick 25 and that range

Knixkik
USA
4/20/2024  10:30 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Well I trust the team to draft at pick 25 and that range

Yes we have a large sample size from this front office at pick 25 for sure.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
4/22/2024  4:43 PM
martin wrote:

https://www.si.com/nba/rockets/news/houston-rockets-tari-eason-to-undergo-season-ending-leg-surgery#:~:text=Udoka%20revealed%20that%20Eason%20will,for%20the%202024%2D25%20season.

Best info I have seen. I'd use our Trade Exception and a pick on him in a heartbeat.

This is the Randle.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
4/22/2024  4:49 PM

Pretty sure Yves Missi is my guy this year. Would love to package 24 and 25 to move up a few spots to grab him, maybe get a future 2nd back.

This is the Randle.
martin
USA
4/22/2024  6:31 PM
Fucking Mavs still got the better player of us LOL

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/22/2024  7:02 PM
martin wrote:Fucking Mavs still got the better player of us LOL

Mavs just taking all the Ls. Glad I can stop following them.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
4/22/2024  7:26 PM
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/22/2024  10:35 PM
martin wrote:

Damn, Dallas won the tiebreaker with us!

martin
USA
4/23/2024  2:57 PM
Alpha1971

4/23/2024  3:51 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:

https://www.si.com/nba/rockets/news/houston-rockets-tari-eason-to-undergo-season-ending-leg-surgery#:~:text=Udoka%20revealed%20that%20Eason%20will,for%20the%202024%2D25%20season.

Best info I have seen. I'd use our Trade Exception and a pick on him in a heartbeat.

Thanks 😊

2024 draft thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy