[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2024 draft thread
Author Thread
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
4/15/2024  5:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/15/2024  5:07 PM
I find it really interesting that after 5 years, as the last piece of the trade comes due, the two teams end the season with the exact same record. You could say now that the trade was fair and a win-win. (Though it includes Knicks stealing JB as one of the offshoots of the trade)
AUTOADVERT
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/15/2024  9:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/15/2024  9:07 PM
Have only watched very minimal highlights but fell quickly for Devin Carter (Providence).

I can see Knicks using Mitch to move up in draft. Shed his $ - sign I-Hart, keep Precious.

Carter has very nice long range shot, rebounds like a big and is tough defender - back-up PG?

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/15/2024  9:10 PM
Can also see Thibs targeting Tobias Harris this summer - a guy he has always praised highly and a no nonsense player who would fit this squad.

No idea how we would get Harris but if Julius is moved somehow I think a Harris fits current squad better than Julius (IMO).

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/15/2024  11:33 PM
martin wrote:

with all due respect to Bobby Marks,
IM not saying we kept the pick, or used in another way, but Lively at best takes Sims spot and perhaps we are lukewarm on him. not to say we don't use him in the future but presumptive to think those three guys duplicate their seasons with Knicks.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/15/2024  11:37 PM
Panos wrote:I find it really interesting that after 5 years, as the last piece of the trade comes due, the two teams end the season with the exact same record. You could say now that the trade was fair and a win-win. (Though it includes Knicks stealing JB as one of the offshoots of the trade)

We used the cap space on randle. In what world today does anyone trade straight up Randle and Brunson for KP?
Ironic knicks and MaverKnicks both win 50 games. Timmy Hardaway!!!!LOL.....
Dallas got a good version thus far of Kyrie with cap space.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/16/2024  9:41 AM
This guy has fallen off in the draft a bit, wonder if he is in Knicks range?

Worth it without a shot? I really don't know him well

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
4/16/2024  9:50 AM
martin
USA
4/16/2024  9:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/16/2024  9:54 AM
Not for nothing, but if I'm Dunn, I'd WANT to be drafted by the Knicks.

Perfect fit and he can chill for a year or so on the bench and work on his shot.

Brock will wanna trade to the 31st pick to nab him as a 2nd rounder and carry it out from there.

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/16/2024  10:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/16/2024  10:17 AM
martin wrote:Not for nothing, but if I'm Dunn, I'd WANT to be drafted by the Knicks.

Perfect fit and he can chill for a year or so on the bench and work on his shot.

Brock will wanna trade to the 31st pick to nab him as a 2nd rounder and carry it out from there.

Considering he’s CAA and there’s not a ton of high upside players late in the first round, I can see him being one of the picks. They can take a Kolek or McCullar type at 24 who can be a contributor when needed, and Dunn as a project at 25. He can learn a lot from OG and Hart on how to contribute without elite offensive skills, while being an elite defensive prospect. It would be a good fit for both team and player as a longterm prospect.

martin
USA
4/16/2024  10:31 AM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:Not for nothing, but if I'm Dunn, I'd WANT to be drafted by the Knicks.

Considering he’s CAA and there’s not a ton of high upside players late in the first round, I can see him being one of the picks. They can take a Kolek or McCullar type at 24 who can be a contributor when needed, and Dunn as a project at 25. He can learn a lot from OG and Hart on how to contribute without elite offensive skills, while being an elite defensive prospect. It would be a good fit for both team and player as a longterm prospect.

If I had to take 2 guys, those would be perfect guys.

I think they take Dunn-type and punt the others (or use in trade).

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/16/2024  12:24 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

50% free throw shooter... Maybe he can Mitch some tips. I'll trust the scouting team, but I see Dunn as a second round pick.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/16/2024  1:57 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

50% free throw shooter... Maybe he can Mitch some tips. I'll trust the scouting team, but I see Dunn as a second round pick.

triggering Ntlikina flashbacks with those measurements

I was going to say he would be a good gamble if they thought they could get some offense from him but 50% FT is tough

(5)(5)
martin
USA
4/17/2024  12:21 PM
This dude will be squarely in the Knicks draft picks range

martin
USA
4/17/2024  1:03 PM
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

4/18/2024  1:53 AM
Chandler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I was going to say he would be a good gamble if they thought they could get some offense from him but 50% FT is tough

Not a Leon Rose kind of pick. All defense no offense is not worth a guaranteed contract. You want that sign Nlikina for vet min.

blkexec
Member: #748
4/18/2024  6:39 AM
martin wrote:This dude will be squarely in the Knicks draft picks range

Wait, he’s a lefty too? Sold

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
USA
4/18/2024  7:30 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Not a Leon Rose kind of pick. All defense no offense is not worth a guaranteed contract. You want that sign Nlikina for vet min.

You mean like Precious? Or Mitch? Or Deuce for 2 years?

martin
USA
4/18/2024  7:38 AM
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/18/2024  4:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/18/2024  4:33 PM
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Being a forward version of Deuce when Deuce was in his first 2 seasons would be the idea. A situational stopper. I think one of the dilemmas in drafting late in the first round and beyond is if it’s better to draft a well rounded prospect who doesn’t have 1 elite skill (and hope something becomes elite), or a prospect with an elite skill but struggles everywhere else, and hope another part of their game eventually develops.

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

4/18/2024  5:38 PM
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Dunn has awful offensive numbers. Unless he can score a little he is no go. You mentioned Precious we can get a vet for vet min. Deuce had great offensive numbers in college. Mitch was a second rounder as well and a previous administration.

2024 draft thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy