[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Possible Solutions?
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
2/5/2002  11:35 PM
I was just talking over with my friend about the Knicks' awfulness these days and we devised a plan, give me some feedback. (Some things will be fairly radical, please keep that in mind):
-They bite the bullet for this season and get a decent draft pick.
-Trade Marcus Camby for a top 5 pick, using that pick to get Drew Gooden.
-Using our draft pick and hoping either a.) Stern helps us or b.) We get lucky, we somehow manage to land Jason Williams or if Chris Duhon is coming out, him.
-A sign-and-trade with the Clips sending Sprewell to them and getting Lamar Odom.
-Knicks start Jason Williams, Allan Houston, Lamar Odom, Drew Gooden, and Kurt Thomas in 2002-2003.
-The Knicks target the 2004 and 2005 offseasons when Mark Jackson, Travis Knight, Charlie Ward, and Kurt Thomas would become free agents. We let them walk and sign a big time free agent and also, the contracts of Fred Weis, LJ, Luc Longley, and Vernon Maxwell will no longer be counting against them.

Now, I know this is incredibly radical and not very planned out since I just came up with it in 5 minutes, but Layden has to devise a plan something like this and have some sort of goal for this team and get them out of mediocrity. Also, in 2004 offseason, most draft picks from last year will be free agents, so the Knicks could be looking at the likes of a fully developed Pau Gasol, Tyson Chandler, Kwame Brown, Eddy Curry, and Eddie Griffin (from NJ). Please don't take this literally but do tell me what you think of it and refine the parts that are most unlikely.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
2/6/2002  12:58 AM
I completely agree with biting the bullet. It is redundant to even make the playoffs when we know that no matter what kind of miraculous playoff run we could have we would ultimately get beat by the west in the Finals. I want to win! It would'nt make sense to barely not make it to the playoffs and get the number 10 or so pick, when we could just throw in the towel and get a 3 or higher pick. I'm all about next season. Without Marcus we don't stand a chance in the regular season. With Marcus we barely stand a chance in the playoffs. We need to think about next season!!!
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
2/6/2002  4:28 AM
let me see..

-They bite the bullet for this season and get a decent draft pick.

No matter what we do we seem to be heading for the lottery

-Trade Marcus Camby for a top 5 pick, using that pick to get Drew Gooden.

You'll get no argument from me there but I don't think we'll get any biters. I do agree we should try to get height...What about trading KT or Spoon for a late first rounder?

-Using our draft pick and hoping either a.) Stern helps us or b.) We get lucky, we somehow manage to land Jason Williams or if Chris Duhon is coming out, him.

Yao Ming and Amare Stoudamire also come to mind. There are so many good pg's coming out we could consider taking one with our high second rounder.

-A sign-and-trade with the Clips sending Sprewell to them and getting Lamar Odom.

Tight pockets Sterling will be having none of that. What about forgetting a PG in the draft and trying to obtain Andre Miller from the Cavs?

-Knicks start Jason Williams, Allan Houston, Lamar Odom, Drew Gooden, and Kurt Thomas in 2002-2003.

Well with Drew being taller than KT he might start at the center, who knows?

-The Knicks target the 2004 and 2005 offseasons when Mark Jackson, Travis Knight, Charlie Ward, and Kurt Thomas would become free agents. We let them walk and sign a big time free agent and also, the contracts of Fred Weis, LJ, Luc Longley, and Vernon Maxwell will no longer be counting against them.

Weis and Maxwell don't count against our cap anymore after this season. I even think Maxwell is already of our cap. LJ and LL go off our cap exactly two years after they retired so that would mean our 2003-2004 cap would have room for a free agent just before that season really begins. That would leave our cap to be "normal" though. So indeed in the following season we'd have an itty bitty cap room for free agents.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
2/6/2002  4:42 PM
Yeah, I agree w/ Sterling not agreeing to that deal. I was just thinking though, what if Olowokandi left town and the Clips suddenly needed a center, a trade with Camby could possibly get Odom, leaving the Knicks able to trade Spree on Draft Day or keep him.
#Knickstaps
Caseloads
Member: #41
2/6/2002  5:08 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Yeah, I agree w/ Sterling not agreeing to that deal. I was just thinking though, what if Olowokandi left town and the Clips suddenly needed a center, a trade with Camby could possibly get Odom, leaving the Knicks able to trade Spree on Draft Day or keep him.
i was thinking - Kandi to the lakers after this year - then he could play PF in a LA Lakers twin towers configuration and take over at Center when Shaq retires in like 3 years.
Possible Solutions?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy