[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Wonder what Marbs thinks about...
Author Thread
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/22/2004  9:36 AM
...having left Pheonix? They're leading the Pac div, and have the league leading scorer in Stoudamire. BTW, Nash is averaging 11.6 APG, but 13.6 APG after the first 3 games! Holy crap! That's a lot of assists!
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/22/2004  9:42 AM
the year they traded him they had a lot of injuries, and Amare missed over 30 games. The year before Amare was ROY, and Marbury led them to the playoffs and a near upset of the Spurs. That offseason Marbs, Amare and Marion were featured on the cover of SI with a capton saying something like "Rising Suns."

Also by moving Marbury AND Penny they were able to sign 2 big players. They would not have been able to upgrade the roster that way if they didnt make the trade.

Its was a gamble because even with cap space there was no guarentee the would get players, but give them credit for getting Nash and Richardson.

It was a good trade for both team IMO and one I think neither has any regrets about.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
11/22/2004  1:42 PM
I agree with you fmike but I would add that I reckon having nash is better for amare then having steph is. steph is a first-option type pg while nash is a second or third option pg. im not saying pass or shoot first type pg, just where in the team they play. I don't think amare would be averaging 29 ppg with steph at the point. then again, I don't think nash would be averaging 12 apg without amare, so its great for all involved.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
fishmike
USA
11/22/2004  1:46 PM
it really looks like they did some thinking... they put 4 guys that can really score and are athletic around Nash, a guy that can really move the ball around. Nash can score himself. But if I had to choose I would rather have Nash and QRich than Marb and Penny. But I would also rather have Marb and Penny over McDyess, Eisley, Ward and Lampe.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/22/2004  1:56 PM
what the suns need to do is parlay some of those scorers into a bonafide defensive center. tough to find but they got the means to make that type of move. if they could somehow pry curry from chicago and get him turned around, they may have a serious team down there. right now, they're still a first round and out in the west.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/22/2004  2:18 PM
While I think the Suns have a great future and are a good team I'm going to wait a little while to reserve judgement.

Their wins so far...

Atlanta
Philadelphia
New Jersey
Chicago
Dallas
New Orleans
L.A. Lakers
L.A. Clippers

A couple good teams...but mostly easy ones.

(losses to Cavs and Sac)
PURE KNICKS LOVE
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/22/2004  6:09 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

what the suns need to do is parlay some of those scorers into a bonafide defensive center. tough to find but they got the means to make that type of move. if they could somehow pry curry from chicago and get him turned around, they may have a serious team down there. right now, they're still a first round and out in the west.

Who would they get? The whole league wants a defensive center.

Who do they trade? They are pretty stacked the way they are. They rebound run the break and make good plays in the half court. Everybody in the rotation is a crazt athelete....

Wait don't they have Steven Hunter? He's been getting alot of blocks this season.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/22/2004  7:11 PM
Posted by fishmike:

it really looks like they did some thinking... they put 4 guys that can really score and are athletic around Nash, a guy that can really move the ball around. Nash can score himself. But if I had to choose I would rather have Nash and QRich than Marb and Penny. But I would also rather have Marb and Penny over McDyess, Eisley, Ward and Lampe.

Weren't you one of the guys saying that phoenix made the move mostly to save money and that there weren't trying to win now? Now you say they did some thinking,naw I think you did some thinking. Myself and Briggs were on a thread how Brilliant the suns were, some laughed like we were crazy or something. I for one am happy we are trying to gel at this time, because what Phoenix did was so wise on their part. When we play them that will be one of the most highly anticipated game of the yr for knicks fans.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
fishmike
USA
11/22/2004  9:22 PM
If Nash resigns with Dallas and LAC match Richardson's offer sheet the Suns are at best a 40 win team. What brilliant about that? It was a money saving move. There has never been any given that cap space will get you FAs. Its a good move now because Pho turned one good player in Marbs into 2 good players and lost a lousy contract. When they did that there was no guarentee of anything except a slimmer payroll.
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
11/22/2004  9:36 PM
When all is said and done, in this draft we got Marbury and Penny (from PHO) and Ariza.

Suns are a flash in the pan...they are still an injury away from the lottery, while the knicks have an injury and are competing for the 3rd seed in the east.

Marbury is stiffling himself because he thinks he has to...once we get a few wins over 500 (next 7 games) he will explode to be the 20/10 career guard he was built to be. Regardless of what happens with the Houston and Crawford rotation, they will combine for 35 to 40 a game. TT puts in his now expected 10 points a game and we are well on our way to a title...yeah, I said it...title.

Damn kool aid. :o)
all kool aid all the time.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/22/2004  9:44 PM
Marbs and Penny from the draft? You left me speechless.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/22/2004  9:55 PM
Posted by fishmike:

If Nash resigns with Dallas and LAC match Richardson's offer sheet the Suns are at best a 40 win team. What brilliant about that? It was a money saving move. There has never been any given that cap space will get you FAs. Its a good move now because Pho turned one good player in Marbs into 2 good players and lost a lousy contract. When they did that there was no guarentee of anything except a slimmer payroll.

If ands and but's that's all you got fishy? mto play for the warm climate teams when the winter time comes around. Phoenix when under the cap will ALWAYS be an attractive place to play for free agents.

[Edited by - playa2 on 11/23/2004 16:51:45]
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
11/22/2004  10:14 PM
I was thinking more we traded a first round pick for marbs and and penny was thrown in...so in essence, we got them both in the first round and ariza in the second round.
all kool aid all the time.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/22/2004  10:19 PM
Yes, but we didn't only give up a 1st to get Marbs and Penny. If we go by that logic, we threw McDyess, Ward, Eisley, and Lampe back in the NCAA.
But it doesn't really matter.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/22/2004  10:25 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

Yes, but we didn't only give up a 1st to get Marbs and Penny. If we go by that logic, we threw McDyess, Ward, Eisley, and Lampe back in the NCAA.
But it doesn't really matter.
Wow, and I thought I was confused before your post
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/22/2004  10:37 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

When all is said and done, in this draft we got Marbury and Penny (from PHO) and Ariza.

Suns are a flash in the pan...they are still an injury away from the lottery, while the knicks have an injury and are competing for the 3rd seed in the east.

Marbury is stiffling himself because he thinks he has to...once we get a few wins over 500 (next 7 games) he will explode to be the 20/10 career guard he was built to be. Regardless of what happens with the Houston and Crawford rotation, they will combine for 35 to 40 a game. TT puts in his now expected 10 points a game and we are well on our way to a title...yeah, I said it...title.

Damn kool aid. :o)

Suns in the lottery? Uh, no. They're the new Kings, but better.

That said, I don't think Marbury looks back to Phoenix with TOO much regret. He's been waiting his whole career to get to NYC and he's finally here. I'm sure he'll be more than happy to let Isiah build around him. If you gave Marbury the choice of winning a championship in Phoenix, AZ or New York, NY, which do you think he would choose?
¿ △ ?
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/23/2004  8:05 AM
Posted by crzymdups:

That said, I don't think Marbury looks back to Phoenix with TOO much regret. He's been waiting his whole career to get to NYC and he's finally here. I'm sure he'll be more than happy to let Isiah build around him. If you gave Marbury the choice of winning a championship in Phoenix, AZ or New York, NY, which do you think he would choose?

Who said either would be winning a championship any time soon?
fishmike
USA
11/23/2004  9:15 AM
playa, youve done a good job at saying nothing. What point exactly are you trying to make?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/23/2004  10:38 AM
Here is something people have forgotten to mention:

Nash has a HUGE contract for a dude that is prone to getting hurt and is about 2 years from being away from his prime.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
USA
11/23/2004  10:55 AM
it doesnt hurt that Amare is leading the NBA in scoring either.
Wonder what Marbs thinks about...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy