[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kurt Thomas Apreciation Thread
Author Thread
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

11/21/2004  9:45 PM
Anyone who seen me post here knows from the begining i have been a strong supporter of KT and man he is having a hell of a season

U could make the arguement that he is our most consistant and well rounded player i am really happy we kept him he plays hard everynight and his D is terrific, plus he is relyable with the J and a staple to our team

i jus want to take my hats off cuz i see a lot of KT hate on this board and its unjustified...

PS. i was thinkin about it and how did we aquire KT? is it just me or does it kinda seem like he jus appeared one season out of nowhere lol
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
11/21/2004  9:49 PM
Just don't be surprise if Zeke still trade him by mid-season for a Center a la Curry. I am very happy that he is having a hell of a season, but how far can he take us is still many question marks. I still want Curry as our Center or better yet, give me Nene. We can easily move Nene to either the PF position with Naser at Center or vice versa.
The true Knickabocker..........
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
11/21/2004  9:50 PM
Posted by Elite:

Anyone who seen me post here knows from the begining i have been a strong supporter of KT and man he is having a hell of a season

U could make the arguement that he is our most consistant and well rounded player i am really happy we kept him he plays hard everynight and his D is terrific, plus he is relyable with the J and a staple to our team

i jus want to take my hats off cuz i see a lot of KT hate on this board and its unjustified...

PS. i was thinkin about it and how did we aquire KT? is it just me or does it kinda seem like he jus appeared one season out of nowhere lol

KT seems to be playing Smarter and harder and his offense is not affecting his defense as much....The only thin holding him back has been his consistency, as I have always thought....the way he is playing, he may be an All-Star this year...

Also we signed him in 1998 (?)...He was coming off a stint in Dallas (Miami drafted him and he did great until his ankles gave way)...Dallas signed him and let him go and we swooped in and signed him very quickly...
~You can't run from who you are.~
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
11/21/2004  10:02 PM
We can easily move Nene to either the PF position with Naser at Center or vice versa.

We can do a lot of things! The question should be whether it'd be an upgrade for us. Right now KT is proving to just be an invaluable part of this team. He fits our team perfectly. He's a great low post defender that every good team needs. His accurate jumpshot fits perfectly with our pick-and-roll offense. He's a savvy veteran on a fairly young team, and his constant hustle leads the team by example. If we are going to trade him, we have to take into account ALL of the things he does and then see whether it's worth trading such a player. He does a lot more to impact a game, than what any stat-sheet can show. We can't afford to trade him, just for the sake of making a trade. He's just too valuable for us right now. For Curry or Nene? I'm just not sure that's a good idea unless we replace KT with another KT.
And BTW I really can't believe I'm saying this about a guy I have consistently blasted for a good 4 years. He's proving me wrong each and every game.
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
11/21/2004  10:04 PM
Kurt Thomas is a true Knick. Too many fair weather fans in here with short memories and zero patience. I've learned to ignore them myself.
Elite

11/21/2004  10:06 PM
i would not trade KT for curry, nene, or BOTH lol.. he does too many things.. hes an all around good player... im bouta get crazy eyes jersey
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/21/2004  10:18 PM
Kurt really does deserve this thread. He is being consistant and stepping up in times of need.
However, he is our most valueable trading piece. If we can swing Kurt for a young big, with a promising future, you still have to do it.

[Edited by - MaTT4281 on 11/21/2004 22:19:10]
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/21/2004  10:23 PM
KT has been a rock. His play allows us options, and raised his value.

If we are to move forward, KT is not going to lead us in the middle.

Curry might be a bust, but its a gamble we should take if it presents itself. Bulls need a stable player, but would look bad for years if Curry played up.
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
11/21/2004  10:27 PM
definite props to kurt, his midrange jumper has been a staple of the offense for the past few years, and without him, the knicks would be joked on 3 times more than they were in the final layden years.
I must say I would trade either him or sweets for curry though.
http://allknicks.com
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/21/2004  10:47 PM
and there has never been a better opportunity to trade him :)

I love what Kurt has done this year, and of our 4 wins I would say KT has been the MVP of at least 3. He's been great and the pick and roll w/ Marbs has been a thing of beauty. If I could trade him for Kwame or Curry I would do it in a NY minute. Wouldnt make us better right away but remember to think long term.

The only reason I bring this up now is everyone talks about trading players when they are struggling and their value is low. I remember a lot of people around here bitching about KT's extension and killing IT for it. Think KT could be a nice trading piece right now?

Either way he's a great asset to our team right now.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
PhilinLA
Member: #696
11/21/2004  10:54 PM
His shot has been rounding into form for the first time since he hurt his hand last year. He is playing well, but we need a JYD appreciation thread!

Anyway, Kurt's trade value is going up as he's helping the Knicks win, and that's good!
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/21/2004  11:03 PM
it's a tough one, but I would do a Nazr/Sweets trade for Curry (and whatever), but I probably would not do a Nazr/Kurt or Sweets/Kurt trade for Curry.

Kurt just helps the offense too much for Marb and Craw with the Pick and Roll.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Elite

11/21/2004  11:15 PM
i dont understand how u guys can want to trade the staple of our team for someone who has a history of being lazy... havent we learned with TT that lazy players with athletic ability dont turn into WINNERS

Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/21/2004  11:22 PM
He has been dependable, which is what he is paid to do. He is proving how much he was affected by the finger injury last season.

But if a trade opportunity arises, and Isiah has a conviction about a younger, longer player that is offered in return, I would trade him in a heartbeat.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/21/2004  11:30 PM
Posted by Elite:

i dont understand how u guys can want to trade the staple of our team for someone who has a history of being lazy... havent we learned with TT that lazy players with athletic ability dont turn into WINNERS

agreed, but here is the thing: you should also trade players at the top of their game for a player who could put you over the top.

Is this team with Kurt and Nazr going to go all the way? Or would a team with Curry - a Curry who has a chance with vets around him - and could POTENTIALLY be a 20 and 10 guy and a bruiser in the post?

It's a real tough call, but you always have to trade likable players for better ones - or at least players with potential.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nykdunk
USA
11/21/2004  11:32 PM
After these last few games, it seems obvious that IF we are to trade for Curry, KT would be a great guy to have around to help him learn how to bring it every night.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
11/21/2004  11:33 PM
Posted by fishmike:

and there has never been a better opportunity to trade him :)

I love what Kurt has done this year, and of our 4 wins I would say KT has been the MVP of at least 3. He's been great and the pick and roll w/ Marbs has been a thing of beauty. If I could trade him for Kwame or Curry I would do it in a NY minute. Wouldnt make us better right away but remember to think long term.

The only reason I bring this up now is everyone talks about trading players when they are struggling and their value is low. I remember a lot of people around here bitching about KT's extension and killing IT for it. Think KT could be a nice trading piece right now?

Either way he's a great asset to our team right now.

I've been one of his strongest supporters because I think he's a very good low post defender and I appreciated that his #s were down toward the end of last year only because he was playing hurt.

Your point is well taken about trading players when their value is high, not low. If you can get a young stud like Nene or Curry or Kwame, yes, you do it. And no, it doesn't make us better right now but it could have a HUGE payoff in the long-term. I definitely don't mind keeping Kurt, though, and would only trade him if we got a promising PF/C.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
11/21/2004  11:34 PM
Posted by NYKDUNK:

After these last few games, it seems obvious that IF we are to trade for Curry, KT would be a great guy to have around to help him learn how to bring it every night.
Yes, but JYD, Penny, Isiah, and Aguirre can do that too.
nykdunk
USA
11/21/2004  11:45 PM
The same way they made TT bring it every night?

It just doesn't make sense to trade KT unless we replace Kurt with a guy that will give us the same intangibles.
PhilinLA
Member: #696
11/22/2004  12:23 AM
Posted by NYKDUNK:

The same way they made TT bring it every night?

It just doesn't make sense to trade KT unless we replace Kurt with a guy that will give us the same intangibles.
TT's not young and impressionable. He's a lost cause.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
Kurt Thomas Apreciation Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy