[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Game Thread 5/12/23] 2nd Round DO OR DIE Game 6 at Heat - 7:30PM - ESPN
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/19/2023  1:28 PM
Nalod wrote:Heard this on the Lowe POst and had to look it up.
"Miami last year {2021-22] was a top shooting 3pt team"..........
I did. They were 3rd. https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/three-point-pct?date=2022-06-17
They basically ran that team back.
Many of us were frustrated as they did not shoot well during the season and we think its "Man, knicks suck, we letting a bad team shoot good!!!!"
Fact is they used the regular season as "preseason". Sneaky ****ers!

Also noted: Miami shot 45% from 3 against Milwaukee, 31% against the Knicks and 51% against Boston in their only game so far.

We can obviously conclude that Thibs is the only coach so far that knows how to get his team to defend the 3point line appropriately.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

5/19/2023  2:04 PM
i was saying this during the series. they weren't shooting particularly well. it was that they were shooting more 3s -- and of course we remember the daggers that go in

thta said, if they had herro playing, i'm sure the stats would be better for them.

We did a decent job on D, but missed shots and our non-top-3 did not contribute much, whereas theirs did

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/19/2023  5:55 PM
martin wrote:
I did. They were 3rd. https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/three-point-pct?date=2022-06-17
Many of us were frustrated as they did not shoot well during the season and we think its "Man, knicks suck, we letting a bad team shoot good!!!!"

Also noted: Miami shot 45% from 3 against Milwaukee, 31% against the Knicks and 51% against Boston in their only game so far.

We can obviously conclude that Thibs is the only coach so far that knows how to get his team to defend the 3point line appropriately.

I thought we suck at defending the three? Remember?

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
5/19/2023  11:37 PM
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:

I thought we suck at defending the three? Remember?

Defending the three was never the problem (although allowing D-Leaguers to hit timely 3's was definately a weakness). The fact that they were countering 3's with 2's was the issue and the 3's they did take went in at 27% (Miami best 3 pt defensive team ever!). If Grimes and IQ and Randle played the way they did during the season, series goes to 7 games with, I think, a higher than 50/50 chance that the Knicks win the series.

~You can't run from who you are.~
joec32033
USA
5/19/2023  11:40 PM
Nalod wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
VDesai wrote:Man, its pointless but I keep replaying that Brunson turnover player over and over in my head. Gabe Vincent reads Randle's cut well- he could have been called for a foul there, but I think Brunson's plan was to draw the double and leave it off for Randle in the paint where he has a decent and one opportunity, but Vincent really cuts him off.

Hart could have shaded over better towards Brunson. I definitely would have been happy with him shooting a 3 there. He wasn't shooting well this series, but he made plenty of clutch late 3's in his short time with the team.

Anyway not hating on Jalen at all, who was superhuman when our backs were against the wall. Just a total superstar performance. I bet you he will take this mistake and use it as his own motivation to come back even better next year. Was just his first year here and his first year as a full time go to player. I believe he will be even better than what we saw this year.

Spo’s strategy against Brunson by having two on ball defenders with him will be copied a lot next year. We need a Center who can actually hit a jump shot that’s the only way you counter that and keep defenses honest

LOL, PhilC offering "That's the only way" for Thibs. That's comedy from mr "conspiracy".

Grimes was a PG in high school. His handles should be good enough to help get the ball up. Hell, he should be able to initiate the initial movement of the offense within a pass or 2 of getting it to Brunson to really drive the offenseive set.

martin
USA
5/19/2023  11:46 PM
joec32033 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
VDesai wrote:Man, its pointless but I keep replaying that Brunson turnover player over and over in my head. Gabe Vincent reads Randle's cut well- he could have been called for a foul there, but I think Brunson's plan was to draw the double and leave it off for Randle in the paint where he has a decent and one opportunity, but Vincent really cuts him off.

Hart could have shaded over better towards Brunson. I definitely would have been happy with him shooting a 3 there. He wasn't shooting well this series, but he made plenty of clutch late 3's in his short time with the team.

Anyway not hating on Jalen at all, who was superhuman when our backs were against the wall. Just a total superstar performance. I bet you he will take this mistake and use it as his own motivation to come back even better next year. Was just his first year here and his first year as a full time go to player. I believe he will be even better than what we saw this year.

Spo’s strategy against Brunson by having two on ball defenders with him will be copied a lot next year. We need a Center who can actually hit a jump shot that’s the only way you counter that and keep defenses honest

LOL, PhilC offering "That's the only way" for Thibs. That's comedy from mr "conspiracy".

Grimes was a PG in high school. His handles should be good enough to help get the ball up. Hell, he should be able to initiate the initial movement of the offense within a pass or 2 of getting it to Brunson to really drive the offenseive set.

Do t think it works that way.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/19/2023  11:51 PM
joec32033 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

I think Grime's draft scouting reports listed a lack of concentration with ball at times. We saw that a couple of times this season with boneheaded plays. I think it's something that can be improved upon with more reps tho. But I think Grimes will be more of help on offense when he starts hitting thees at a higher clip.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
joec32033
USA
5/19/2023  11:56 PM
martin wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

Do t think it works that way.

I was trying to get at he has to have a modicum of ball handling skills to get the ball up court and there are better ways to get the ball to Brunson to operate then letting him get trapped by two players. Teams run 2 PG sets all the time, this would be like running a PG and a half. You want to put regular season Quickley in that SG spot instead of Grimes-wow has his star fallen-I'm good with that too.

joec32033
USA
5/20/2023  12:00 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

I think Grime's draft scouting reports listed a lack of concentration with ball at times. We saw that a couple of times this season with boneheaded plays. I think it's something that can be improved upon with more reps tho. But I think Grimes will be more of help on offense when he starts hitting thees at a higher clip.

100%. That was my biggest gripe with him, and the high expectations everyone had for him. The kid's a dog. But it's like a easily distracted but well meaning dog on crack. He seems coachable though, so I think he can work through it.

martin
USA
5/20/2023  12:18 AM
joec32033 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

100%. That was my biggest gripe with him, and the high expectations everyone had for him. The kid's a dog. But it's like a easily distracted but well meaning dog on crack. He seems coachable though, so I think he can work through it.

More weed less coke

joec32033
USA
5/20/2023  3:25 AM
martin wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

More weed less coke

You may have stumbled on to a very effective life philosophy there.

[Game Thread 5/12/23] 2nd Round DO OR DIE Game 6 at Heat - 7:30PM - ESPN

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy