RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/12/2023  1:04 PM
Rookie wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:I don't care who the zebras are as long as they call Bam on his moving screen bs and Lowry's flopping!

Martin, can you please fix the title?

DO IT DIE BABY!!!

lol

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/12/2023  1:05 PM
JesseDark wrote:Miami used to cry over the referee Nick Beveretta used to call him Knick. I remember Tim Holloway complaining.
YUP!!!! That was after a loss in the post game locker interview. He was such a grumpy bitch! HAHAHAA lets see that play out again. In hindsight have to admit those Miami teams were pretty good squads
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
USA
5/12/2023  1:05 PM
Rookie wrote:
Clean wrote:1 game at a time. I pray we have one of those games where we shoot lights out from 3.

We just need them to miss all those wide open 3's on the weak side again

Anthony Chiang: Caleb Martin this AM on the Knicks loading up vs. Jimmy Butler in this series: “No matter what type of scheme that you have, he’s going to figure out a way to manipulate it and we just got to do our job on the weak side and make shots.” – via Twitter

They are even saying the obvious out loud.

Miami has the same strategy against the Knicks except it is working

blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
5/12/2023  1:13 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I just wanna win tonight

Ingredients Brunson Randle barret 85 points

Robinson 14 rebounds
Heat 3 point shooting under 30-%

I like that.

For me the key is 2 of the 3 stars must have the same or better game than last game to win.

RJ, Brunson or Randle

If the roll players like IQ, Grimes, Hart, iHart have solid games, it's a blow out. If not, it's a close win!

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/12/2023  1:23 PM
Rookie wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:Great, now Miami fans can cry "ref" if they lose after benefiting from BS calls all series. Still bitter about Hart "flagrant"...

And the Adabayo moving screen that almost injured Optimus Nemesis Grimes

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/12/2023  1:29 PM

I'll say it again. Miami is not shooting 3s significantly better than we are. They're just taking a lot more and we're remembering the ones that go in.

We need to control the glass. Key to success

I have not liked the officiating though i don't think it's biased. Miami just forces the officials to blow the whistles.

SO far S.Foster has been the only ref in this series to do a mediocre job. His crew did game 2

Go time baby!!!

(5)(5)
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

5/12/2023  1:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/12/2023  2:35 PM
I see us finally coming out of our shooting slump, big three having good games, bench waking up and the no names for Miami finally feeling some pressure.

We win big and come back to NYC!!! Book it.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Clean
Member: #743
5/12/2023  1:58 PM
Rookie wrote:
Clean wrote:1 game at a time. I pray we have one of those games where we shoot lights out from 3.

We just need them to miss all those wide open 3's on the weak side again

Anthony Chiang: Caleb Martin this AM on the Knicks loading up vs. Jimmy Butler in this series: “No matter what type of scheme that you have, he’s going to figure out a way to manipulate it and we just got to do our job on the weak side and make shots.” – via Twitter

They are even saying the obvious out loud.

I love that you quoted me when posting that Caleb quote. You know those weakside 3's have been the bane of my existance with this team for 3 years.

blkexec
5/12/2023  1:59 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:I see us finally coming out of our shooting slump, big three having good games, bench waking up and no the names for Miami feeling the pressure.

We are due. Haven’t shot well all playoffs. Miami is due. They shot terrible all year. Both teams are ready to go back to their norm. Keep butler under control. Manage Hart mins. Seems like grimes has defended butler better last game and grimes spreads the floor. Let’s see how thibs manage this situation.

Grimes might be the key player on both ends. Along with JB ready to give Miami another 30 piece.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Clean
Member: #743
5/12/2023  2:03 PM

They trying to send a message.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

5/12/2023  2:39 PM
blkexec wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:I see us finally coming out of our shooting slump, big three having good games, bench waking up and no the names for Miami feeling the pressure.

We are due. Haven’t shot well all playoffs. Miami is due. They shot terrible all year. Both teams are ready to go back to their norm. Keep butler under control. Manage Hart mins. Seems like grimes has defended butler better last game and grimes spreads the floor. Let’s see how thibs manage this situation.

Grimes might be the key player on both ends. Along with JB ready to give Miami another 30 piece.

I actually wanted to see the Knicks throw several guys at Butler. They will make adjustments to the last game. One that will include Grimes defensive tendencies.
I wanted to see Knicks throw Hart, Grimes and Deuce at him. Mix it up and keep high energy in him. Don't see Grimes lasting another 48.

Also see Heat making a commitment to making someone else besides JB beat them.
Did not like seeing IQ probably out again. Thibs make have to try someone off the rotation. Deuce seems like the next man up.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
gradyandrew
Member: #8959

5/12/2023  2:41 PM
Love that Scott Foster is calling the game. Expect a tight game. The Knicks and Randle in particular have struggled with offensive fouls; hopefully Julius can make the adjustment and Robinson can stand still on those screens. I think Cody Zeller does something illegal every possession so I would like to see his bull**** checked early an often.

Lot's of threes mean long rebounds which is an advantage for Miami as their guards are good at rebounding. If Knicks all box out it becomes more difficult to get up and down the court.

Slowly the Knicks have gotten the confidence that Miami is beatable. It looks like IQ is out and Grimes is in. I'd like to see a good dose of McBride harassing Lowry. If Lowry is shut down the Heat are beatable.

It's been a great ride this season, I don't want it to end.

gradyandrew
Member: #8959

5/12/2023  2:47 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
blkexec wrote:

I actually wanted to see the Knicks throw several guys at Butler. They will make adjustments to the last game. One that will include Grimes defensive tendencies.
I wanted to see Knicks throw Hart, Grimes and Deuce at him. Mix it up and keep high energy in him. Don't see Grimes lasting another 48.

Did not like seeing IQ probably out again. Thibs make have to try someone off the rotation. Deuce seems like the next man up.

We need Julius to have a big game. You have seen his shooting pick up the last two games. Miami doesn't have an answer if Julius can play and spray. RJ also is also cognizant that whatever woes he had during the regular season are forgotten once the playoffs began. Those two can physically dominate the game if they can get off to a good start.

martin
USA
5/12/2023  3:08 PM
LOL

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

5/12/2023  3:55 PM
i expect a win.
blkexec
5/12/2023  3:56 PM
gradyandrew wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
blkexec wrote:

We need Julius to have a big game. You have seen his shooting pick up the last two games. Miami doesn't have an answer if Julius can play and spray. RJ also is also cognizant that whatever woes he had during the regular season are forgotten once the playoffs began. Those two can physically dominate the game if they can get off to a good start.

Basically we need our big 3 to have smart games. Not shoot us out or too many TO's. But if all 3 have solid games (like last game), we good.
They can shut down JB's scoring, but not his playmaking and trust in Jules or RJ.

And regardless what the plans are to adjust to JB, hes a flirting superstar to me. His impact alone will be great scoring or playmaking.

The key to me is always the other 2 who've been jykle and hyde this playoff. But if RJ can continue to maintain and Randle is getting stronger and healtheir, I believe the momentum is on our side and Miami will be playing tight. It's money time!

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/12/2023  4:28 PM
blkexec wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Basically we need our big 3 to have smart games. Not shoot us out or too many TO's. But if all 3 have solid games (like last game), we good.
They can shut down JB's scoring, but not his playmaking and trust in Jules or RJ.

And regardless what the plans are to adjust to JB, hes a flirting superstar to me. His impact alone will be great scoring or playmaking.

The key to me is always the other 2 who've been jykle and hyde this playoff. But if RJ can continue to maintain and Randle is getting stronger and healtheir, I believe the momentum is on our side and Miami will be playing tight. It's money time!

we past flirting! we getting it ON
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/12/2023  4:55 PM
martin wrote:LOL

if you lived in Miami, would you be going to a game? Isn't that why they wear white shirts, so it blends in with the empty seats?

Chandler
Member: #6197

5/12/2023  4:58 PM
there are a lot of Knick fans in Miami. Let's give them something to cheer about!!!
(5)(5)
[Game Thread 5/12/23] 2nd Round DO OR DIE Game 6 at Heat - 7:30PM - ESPN

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy