[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

artest have plenty of time for his album!
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/21/2004  8:33 PM
maybe i should expect 1 of my friends to come to my aid the next time some HS kid half my size throws a snowball at my car & i get out to lay a beatdown on him? i'm sure the cops would take my side on it.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
nykdunk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #570
USA
11/21/2004  8:38 PM
Posted by TMS:

maybe i should expect 1 of my friends to come to my aid the next time some HS kid half my size throws a snowball at my car & i get out to lay a beatdown on him? i'm sure the cops would take my side on it.

What if the snowball was thrown at your face a few inches from your eyes, instead of at your car? I think the police might be far more understanding. I liken this melee to the scenario I describe.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/21/2004  8:39 PM
Ron Artest is a idiot, Jackson is a idiot, and Oneal is a bigger idiot.. all 3 deserve huge suspensions. I can't see how anyone can defend artest, he ran into the stands instead of letting security do their jobs and to top it off, he got the wrong fan. Lets say artest really hurt that fan, How can anyone defend him, I am just apalled at some of the stuff I am reading on this site, the rationalization of this matter on Artest's behalf is ridiculous.. If anything he should not have gone into the stands because he didn't know who threw it!!!
and if Jackson wanted to really help artest, he should of gone in there, taken his 6'6 frame, throw a few people off artest and grab Ron and leave the stands, the same thing with oneal, instead these jackasses used this opportuinty to headhunt fans.. Now the pistons fans are culpable here too, they were dispicable, and those fans who participated should be dealt with, but I can by no means excuse the stupid actions by artest and his goon teamates...

[Edited by - tkf on 11/21/2004 20:41:03]
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
11/21/2004  8:43 PM
Artest should have gotten 30-40. And Jackson and O'Neal around 20. What they did was undoubtedly wrong, but absolutely nothing was done to take into account the fact that Artest was provoked. Something has to be done to correct that.

[Edited by - nykdunk on 11/21/2004 20:44:21]
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
11/21/2004  9:33 PM
i like to know what thought process warden stern concluded in levying the recent suspensions which i thought were too excessive to the players, except wallace, while not being sensitive to the yearly ticket holder and fan support. stern could’ve been a little more creative in handling disciplinary action with a combination of fines, community service, and some suspension. This should’ve been stearn’s finest hour, instead its being touted like some escape from rikers island…..way to go warden!
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
11/21/2004  9:55 PM
Artest is a punk. But the whole season is too extreme. That fan should be hung by his sack.

And I have no idea what Ben Wallace did to deserve 6 games.

All I know is, I can't wait to hurl sh** at Shaq so that we have a chance to win the Easern Conference.

diderotn
Member: #650
USA
11/21/2004  10:06 PM
I don't agree with the fact that he is gone for the year, but I do agree with the league taking a stand. These players think that they are above the game, but they are not. a fan through something at them, that is why we security cameras in all of the arenas. Let the freaking police do their jobs. You are a freaking millionaire, putting yourself out there could prove detrimental.
The true Knickabocker..........
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

11/21/2004  10:08 PM
If you suspend artest for the season, the fan who threw it should be banned from nba games how about that
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/21/2004  10:18 PM
Fans have crossed the line. Drinking and able to get a good seat is no excuse to be stupid. I don't know how you reinforce it, but they should be banned for life, fined and some kind of mistomeaner. IM not sure on all this, but its getting ugly to take a kid to a game and listen to these guys.

Likewise, no player should ever do what the pacers did.

Masterplan
Member: #362
11/21/2004  10:20 PM
you guys get the sense that there's some haggling going on? stern says teh rest of the season, players union comes back with 30 games, and so on until they meet somewhere in teh middle? there'll still be appeals and such, so the jury is still out on this one. artest would be hard to soften without losing face too much, but i could definitely see jackson and oneal coming back sooner than expected after the appeals. could happen.
Masterplan
Member: #362
11/21/2004  10:26 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/marty_burns/11/21/suspension.react/index.html

says how the suspensions will be appealed/contested by the union and the pacers. i think stern knew anything serious would be contested, so he aimed high to start knowing it would come down.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/21/2004  10:39 PM
I think the suspensions are a bit over the top

but when is artest going to learn?

Indiana has to trade him- he is corrupting their other players- clearly that is how they will look at it.

And- between Larry Bird and Rick Carlisle- who of them can actually get through to this kid?

Here's another reclaimation project ala Sprewell.

If Isiah can't get through to Artest, he has no future.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/21/2004  10:41 PM
It's sad. Artest was off to such a great start, except with the media.
I would welcome him with open arms if he came to NY.
OldFan
Member: #446
11/21/2004  10:55 PM
I don't think the suspensions are too harsh. If Artest keeps his cool no one gets hurt. It's bad enough when a bunch of drunks start fighting in a bar but when there are thousands of fans and less then 50 security guards - you don't retaliate. That brawl could have errupted into much worse then it was - think international soccer and some of the terrible incidents that have occurred.

Plus, he doesn't even go after the right guy. So here is some fan who is probably obnoxious but who may not have thrown anything getting jumped on by a pretty big very fit professional athlete. If it were you or I and it was caught on film you could be sure we'd be talking to some lawyer trying to stay out of jail.

These guys are professionals they get make a lot of money and they know going in, or should, that they are going to get some abuse. If they can't handle it - they deserve to lose some money. It really isn't that severe of a punishment when you compare it to a working stiff losing his job. They'll still be able to feed their families, probably spend a few months in Aruba...

LongIslandKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #496
USA
11/22/2004  12:40 AM
There goes my fantasy player. Ha.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/22/2004  1:08 AM
so u guys still think some NBA team out there would be crazy enough to trade away a star player to get Artest?

& on that note, you think Indiana wouldn't like to take that Al Harrington trade back right about now?

[Edited by - TMS on 11/22/2004 01:17:22]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
11/22/2004  7:00 AM
This same kinda thing happened here in the UK a few years back. Fan came down to the sidelines and starting mouthing off about one of the players' mama. The guy jumped into the stand and flying kicked him in the chest. The fan got banned for life from any stadium in the country. Tha player got banned for a month. It also went to court for assault and battery, the player got a suspended sentance and community time.

I would be happy if thats what ended up here. Sound fair to me.

Thing is, if JOneal, Artest and Jax end up in court, theyll prolly get more then that. And Artest will probably end up in an institution cuz he can claim insanity
Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/15/2005  10:38 AM
Posted by firefly:

This same kinda thing happened here in the UK a few years back. Fan came down to the sidelines and starting mouthing off about one of the players' mama. The guy jumped into the stand and flying kicked him in the chest. The fan got banned for life from any stadium in the country. Tha player got banned for a month. It also went to court for assault and battery, the player got a suspended sentance and community time.

I would be happy if thats what ended up here. Sound fair to me.

Thing is, if JOneal, Artest and Jax end up in court, theyll prolly get more then that. And Artest will probably end up in an institution cuz he can claim insanity

Looking at this picture. Can this man really claim insanity?
artest have plenty of time for his album!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy