[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jermaine, Artest, Jackson, and Ben suspended indefinetly
Author Thread
mintyfreshness33
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #586
USA
11/20/2004  4:20 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZmFlcXBpBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-pacers-pistonsbrawl&prov=ap&type=lgns

WOW, thats crazy, pacers just lost their 3 best players. Pistons fared better losing only Ben, too bad this didnt happen a bit sooner.
AUTOADVERT
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
11/20/2004  4:33 PM
I don't see how Ben Wallace's actions are equivalent to the three Pacers' actions. He got into a fight with another player. The Pacers, on the other hand, were running wild in the stands, beating on fans.
https:// It's not so hard.
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
11/20/2004  4:38 PM
I don't imagine Ben Wallace really should be suspended indefinitely--- they just wanted to make sure he was punished right away. His determination will merely be whether he threw a punch or just showed Artest. (1 or 2 games, likely)

I reckon the assistant coach of Indy should be suspended as well.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/20/2004  5:23 PM
there is going to be negotiations on this. what do you think, they are going to suspend J Oneal SJ and RA for the rest of the year? what do you think happens to the indiana fan base who already dividied up $$$ for season tickets. there is already precedent in the league concerning fighting with fans that came to a 10 game suspension

this is also a contract negotiation year. you think the players union will put up with huge suspensions? remember these actions by the fans were WAY overboard and they initiated it. the players will rally to their fellow players aide here, and I suspect the indiana owners will also have a HUGE say

if it comes down to 10-15 games suspensions--OK if they try to suspend them for the year, you could get a work stoppage. they will put TREMENDOUS pressure on the NBA--they needed more security--that was obvious and serving drinks will be cut to first half action IMHO

these guys will get suspended, but lets wait and see the bottom line
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/20/2004  5:28 PM
I think this is a lot worse than what Sprewell did to get a full season suspension. I appreciate the politics involved that Briggs is talking about, though, and I don't expect full season suspensions. Ben Wallace should just get a 2 game suspension.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/21/2004  12:54 AM
ben wallace should get 2 games for the shove alone. Then 3-5 games for instigating the whole thing by throwing the towel while Artest was lying on the scorers table
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/21/2004  3:09 AM
There is a box on ESPNEWS that reads "B.Wallace to Apologize to Artest" The PR campaign has begun.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/21/2004  1:15 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap.php
Ron Artest to be Suspended for 30 Games? 11/21 -
3:03 AM
According to Ben Maller and Chris Landry of Fox Sports Radio the outcome from Friday's riot in Detroit could be devistating for the already injury depleated Indiana Pacers, who could lose their top three players for a combined 70 games through suspension.

The exact length of the suspensions could be announced by the league as early as Sunday night, but Maller and Landry have learned from Pistons play-by-play man Fred McLeod that the NBA plans to suspend Ron Artest for 30 games. Jermaine O'Neal and Stephen Jackson are both expected to receive 20 game suspensions, while Pistons forward Ben Wallace will only miss five.

All four players were suspended indefinently by the league on Saturday by commissioner David Stern.

"I didn't start it. I just played the game," Wallace said Saturday before learning of his suspension. "The league is going to do whatever they feel needs to be done, and I don't have no problems with that."

League officials and police were examining videotapes of Friday night's melee and interviewing witnesses. The NBA issued a statement saying it was reviewing rules and security procedures "so that fans can continue to attend our games unthreatened by events such as the ones that occurred last night."

Pacers players did not immediately comment Saturday, but team CEO Donnie Walsh issued a statement saying, "responsibility for Friday night's action can be shared by many."
[Fox Sports

Jermaine, Artest, Jackson, and Ben suspended indefinetly

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy