[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Game Thread 3/18/23] Knicks vs Nuggets 1PM
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/18/2023  10:43 PM
This is just a thing of beauty and I think it’s only the tip of the iceberg. Next year, Knicks gonna play beautiful basketball

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

3/18/2023  11:45 PM
martin wrote:This is just a thing of beauty and I think it’s only the tip of the iceberg. Next year, Knicks gonna play beautiful basketball

Yep - our 2nd unit I particularly has serious connectivity & old school movement/unselfishness.

Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
3/19/2023  8:32 AM

Crazy how fast Hart has become one of my top 2 fav Knicks.
Clean
Member: #743
3/19/2023  9:07 AM
sealy
Member: #3291
USA
3/19/2023  10:15 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:This is just a thing of beauty and I think it’s only the tip of the iceberg. Next year, Knicks gonna play beautiful basketball

Yep - our 2nd unit I particularly has serious connectivity & old school movement/unselfishness.

They really do and this felt like where the momentum shifted. It also has helped bleed upward into the first unit and encourage Randle and Barrett to stop hogging the rock.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/19/2023  10:32 AM
sealy wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

They really do and this felt like where the momentum shifted. It also has helped bleed upward into the first unit and encourage Randle and Barrett to stop hogging the rock.

This is what team envisioned with IHart early on and its come back.
RJ is a bridge with playing well with both units. Thibs saying about RJ not messing around is telling what he wants: “Be the man on Iso but get it right”. RJ is still developing at the ripe old age of 22.
Grimes too, on the other end of the spectrum he seems eager to not mess around but perhaps has to slow it down just a bit and read better. IQ is still getting this down too.
Im not blaming, im complimenting. The three have been given more responsibility and team is doing just fine because of them. Its not the main thing as Brunson has been brilliant and Randle shining. RJ is the 3rd or 4th option on the first line but often 1 or 2nd on second.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
3/19/2023  10:45 AM
Too many times this season I've stupidly put a ceiling on this team and claimed there are certain games they simply cannot win and yesterday was one of them. Denver sits at top of the West and has arguably the MVP in Jokic and yet this team once again found a way not only to compete with the elite but win! I try to stay in the middle as a fan. Never get too high and never get too low, which it's hard with this team after the past two decades. But I'm starting to believe a little bit more. These are not the mid Knicks who were projected to win under 40 games before the season. We are a damn good team.

This was such an entertaining game! Loved how Brunson started the game. Looked 100% healthy and just dominated in that first quarter with his usual array of moves. He's like a mini Jokic with that footwork. Such a joy to watch if you just love basketball skill! But so good to have our captain back! Need to be careful with these last 10 games. We need Brunson as healthy and as fresh as possible. If that 4th seed becomes too difficult to get and we are safe from dropping to 6th, I would honestly look to either sit him down or drastically decrease his minutes.

Loved Randle hitting those two clutch shots under a minute! He has a bad turnover once again with the double team but overall he was really good. Brunson makes him a different player. His double teams on Jokic were really good too! Really loved how RJ played. Exactly like you want him to play! Took smart shots, played his ass off on defense. Hopefully that three ball gets better in these last few games. We'll need it!

Very proud of Rob! Held his own against Jokic, who is an impossible cover. Loved that play where Rob got the offensive rebound and immediately passed it to Obi for a hoop. Rob just needs to play this role assigned to him on this team and understand it's what is best and what is needed on this team. If he's truly unhappy in the offeseason we can try to work something out. Hart once again did all the little things. Such a great trade! Entire bench played well. Got to give credit to Grimes. Had a great first quarter including that sequence where he hit a three, stole the ball from Jokic and made a sick pass in transition to RJ for a layup!

BTW, Jokic is such a great player. In all my years watching this sport, I have to put him right up there with Hakeem as far as being the most skilled big man. He's just amazing to watch. Like Breen pointed out, he's not athletic, he's not fast and he cannot jump. Yet he just dominates! Definitely rooting for him to come out of the West!

Sorry for the long post but I'm feeling so good right now about this team! Trying not to get ahead of myself and have unrealistic expectations but it's getting difficult when we're beating teams like Boston and Denver!

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
3/19/2023  10:50 AM
Clean wrote:

Love Hart's shot selection! He doesn't hunt threes. He only takes good ones! Elite role player! A+ trade!

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 53
Member: #105
3/19/2023  11:46 AM

Really?

I think they should be proud they hung with us for so long.

Also, click-baity putting Shaq in the thumbnail.

Oh good lord... https://www.youtube.com/shorts/XkmGrX7O0lQ
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/19/2023  12:10 PM
SergioNYK wrote:Too many times this season I've stupidly put a ceiling on this team and claimed there are certain games they simply cannot win and yesterday was one of them. Denver sits at top of the West and has arguably the MVP in Jokic and yet this team once again found a way not only to compete with the elite but win! I try to stay in the middle as a fan. Never get too high and never get too low, which it's hard with this team after the past two decades. But I'm starting to believe a little bit more. These are not the mid Knicks who were projected to win under 40 games before the season. We are a damn good team.

This was such an entertaining game! Loved how Brunson started the game. Looked 100% healthy and just dominated in that first quarter with his usual array of moves. He's like a mini Jokic with that footwork. Such a joy to watch if you just love basketball skill! But so good to have our captain back! Need to be careful with these last 10 games. We need Brunson as healthy and as fresh as possible. If that 4th seed becomes too difficult to get and we are safe from dropping to 6th, I would honestly look to either sit him down or drastically decrease his minutes.

Loved Randle hitting those two clutch shots under a minute! He has a bad turnover once again with the double team but overall he was really good. Brunson makes him a different player. His double teams on Jokic were really good too! Really loved how RJ played. Exactly like you want him to play! Took smart shots, played his ass off on defense. Hopefully that three ball gets better in these last few games. We'll need it!

Very proud of Rob! Held his own against Jokic, who is an impossible cover. Loved that play where Rob got the offensive rebound and immediately passed it to Obi for a hoop. Rob just needs to play this role assigned to him on this team and understand it's what is best and what is needed on this team. If he's truly unhappy in the offeseason we can try to work something out. Hart once again did all the little things. Such a great trade! Entire bench played well. Got to give credit to Grimes. Had a great first quarter including that sequence where he hit a three, stole the ball from Jokic and made a sick pass in transition to RJ for a layup!

BTW, Jokic is such a great player. In all my years watching this sport, I have to put him right up there with Hakeem as far as being the most skilled big man. He's just amazing to watch. Like Breen pointed out, he's not athletic, he's not fast and he cannot jump. Yet he just dominates! Definitely rooting for him to come out of the West!

Sorry for the long post but I'm feeling so good right now about this team! Trying not to get ahead of myself and have unrealistic expectations but it's getting difficult when we're beating teams like Boston and Denver!

it was a great read over my Sunday coffee 😎
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
USA
3/19/2023  12:21 PM
SergioNYK wrote:Too many times this season I've stupidly put a ceiling on this team and claimed there are certain games they simply cannot win and yesterday was one of them. Denver sits at top of the West and has arguably the MVP in Jokic and yet this team once again found a way not only to compete with the elite but win! I try to stay in the middle as a fan. Never get too high and never get too low, which it's hard with this team after the past two decades. But I'm starting to believe a little bit more. These are not the mid Knicks who were projected to win under 40 games before the season. We are a damn good team.

Turning into NYKMentality right in front of our eyes 😂

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/19/2023  2:01 PM
Clean wrote:
Crazy how fast Hart has become one of my top 2 fav Knicks.

He's such a connector. He improved the team in transition because he's always pushing and looking ahead. In the halfcourt he's always finding seems and second chances during possessions. Everytime he enters the game you can expect a boost, even if he isn't shooting well. Clearly worth the mid first rounder and whatever roster flotsam they used to get him.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
3/19/2023  2:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/19/2023  2:28 PM
martin wrote:

Nay, a very level headed, fair post AND no fireworks emojis!
Thanks for that Sergio!
BTW, funny you said that about Brunson! I was thinking during the game that he reminds me of a top-flight Euro player with all his footwork and spins.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/19/2023  2:38 PM
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:

Nay, a very level headed, fair post AND no fireworks emojis!
Thanks for that Sergio!
BTW, funny you said that about Brunson! I was thinking during the game that he reminds me of a top-flight Euro player with all his footwork and spins.

Calm down! The Rok hasn't even played an NBA game yet, tho we all know he'll kill it when he does.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
3/19/2023  2:50 PM
The Rok, i like that
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

3/19/2023  2:59 PM
martin wrote:

Hahaha very true.

Sergio went from the beautifully simplistic game threads which I complimented multiple times to one of the longer NYKM like posts I’ve seen.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/19/2023  3:19 PM
The Nuggets are close to 100% but have lost their mojo. Maybe it’s because they’re almost completely healthy and haven’t been all year, so they’re running into chemistry issues. Or maybe teams have figured them out.

The Knicks did that thing that good teams do - they went on a run to finish the 3rd quarter, and they closed things out in the final minute.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
3/19/2023  3:27 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Panos wrote:Nay, a very level headed, fair post AND no fireworks emojis!
Thanks for that Sergio!
Calm down! The Rok hasn't even played an NBA game yet, tho we all know he'll kill it when he does.

Maybe everyone except me. I'm not expecting anything from him. If he even comes over, and can play some mins, I'll consider it a bonus.

[Game Thread 3/18/23] Knicks vs Nuggets 1PM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy