[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Game Thread 3/14/23] Knicks at Blazers 10PM
Author Thread
Knickoftime
Posts: 24159
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

3/17/2023  12:48 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
blkexec wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:I'm feeling more and more KAT is the guy we should be targeting.

Haters would love him.

Because I haven’t been corrupted with the images of his decline, I see nothing wrong adding a talent like this FOR THE RIGHT PRICE.

If he’s better in the post I would’ve mind trying a lineup with him at center. Randle shooting 3. Brunson has Randle, Grimes or IQ open, and KAT in the post? Not sure how anybody would frown on that. This is coming from a “defense wins championships guy”. I just have a feeling The All Mighty Thibs will make KAT a better defender than he was in Minnesota.

So, who wants to tell him...?

🤣

This is not timberwolves thibs. This guy is a mix of old school, new school, whisperer therapy, all kinds of new age stuff. KAT will be joining a better team environment and structure. Players like hart and Jules, you can’t fail. KAT is too talented to pass on. For the right price. I’m not over paying.

This seems to follow the same "trade Randle while his value is at an all-time high"...

KAT is KAT. If is price is right, it's for a reason.

The fact his the Knicks system is dependent on interior rim protection. Kat and Randle on the floor together means there is none.

I don't think the Knicks or Thibs views the offensive upside so vast they literally abandon rim protection.

And I do not bank on the notion the second time around Thibs will defense whisper KAT into being a player he has not been since college a decade ago.

What is Kats defensive rating? Not sure but though it was close to league average. Do feel a players effort on defense can be affected by coaches style. So I agree with you that Thibs will always favor the rim protection over offense.

Question for me is who do we give up to get Kats? Assuming the above has Randle and Brunson staying. And how that +/- would translate to wins and losses. I like Kat, but as always, the cost is the key.

If the cost is less than a true superstar, it's because he's less than a true superstar, and he's a superstar offensively...

Which means...

Minnesota gave up 4 first rounders to get KAT the hell out of way of trying to rim protect.

AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Posts: 24159
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

3/17/2023  12:56 PM
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
blkexec wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:I'm feeling more and more KAT is the guy we should be targeting.

Haters would love him.

Because I haven’t been corrupted with the images of his decline, I see nothing wrong adding a talent like this FOR THE RIGHT PRICE.

If he’s better in the post I would’ve mind trying a lineup with him at center. Randle shooting 3. Brunson has Randle, Grimes or IQ open, and KAT in the post? Not sure how anybody would frown on that. This is coming from a “defense wins championships guy”. I just have a feeling The All Mighty Thibs will make KAT a better defender than he was in Minnesota.

So, who wants to tell him...?

🤣

This is not timberwolves thibs. This guy is a mix of old school, new school, whisperer therapy, all kinds of new age stuff. KAT will be joining a better team environment and structure. Players like hart and Jules, you can’t fail. KAT is too talented to pass on. For the right price. I’m not over paying.

This seems to follow the same "trade Randle while his value is at an all-time high"...

KAT is KAT. If is price is right, it's for a reason.

The fact his the Knicks system is dependent on interior rim protection. Kat and Randle on the floor together means there is none.

I don't think the Knicks or Thibs views the offensive upside so vast they literally abandon rim protection.

And I do not bank on the notion the second time around Thibs will defense whisper KAT into being a player he has not been since college a decade ago.

The Knicks system is probably shaped by the current makeup of the roster,

They signed a guy who rim protects and does little on offense BECAUSE of their team principle.

The current make-up of the roster and the team principals is a co-dependent, two-way street. They beget one another.

It would be a very effective 5 out with guys like RJ Randle Hart everyone diving to rim on offense with no interior defense to worry about in KAT on perimeter.

It MIGHT be.

Knicks are currently 5th on offense with below average production from 3 from the wings, and have been better the last 20 games as Randle, Barrett, Quickley and Hart's %s have improved.

With potential improvement (from 5th) built in, I'm not sure you abandon rim protection for a new offensive make-up.

That's speculative, but I think they choose to sign Mitch for 4 years BECAUSE his skillset is what they want out of a center. I don't think they built a system around mitch because they signed Mitch.

HofstraBBall
Posts: 27183
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 11/21/2015
Member: #6192

3/17/2023  1:00 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
blkexec wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:I'm feeling more and more KAT is the guy we should be targeting.

Haters would love him.

Because I haven’t been corrupted with the images of his decline, I see nothing wrong adding a talent like this FOR THE RIGHT PRICE.

If he’s better in the post I would’ve mind trying a lineup with him at center. Randle shooting 3. Brunson has Randle, Grimes or IQ open, and KAT in the post? Not sure how anybody would frown on that. This is coming from a “defense wins championships guy”. I just have a feeling The All Mighty Thibs will make KAT a better defender than he was in Minnesota.

So, who wants to tell him...?

🤣

This is not timberwolves thibs. This guy is a mix of old school, new school, whisperer therapy, all kinds of new age stuff. KAT will be joining a better team environment and structure. Players like hart and Jules, you can’t fail. KAT is too talented to pass on. For the right price. I’m not over paying.

This seems to follow the same "trade Randle while his value is at an all-time high"...

KAT is KAT. If is price is right, it's for a reason.

The fact his the Knicks system is dependent on interior rim protection. Kat and Randle on the floor together means there is none.

I don't think the Knicks or Thibs views the offensive upside so vast they literally abandon rim protection.

And I do not bank on the notion the second time around Thibs will defense whisper KAT into being a player he has not been since college a decade ago.

What is Kats defensive rating? Not sure but though it was close to league average. Do feel a players effort on defense can be affected by coaches style. So I agree with you that Thibs will always favor the rim protection over offense.

Question for me is who do we give up to get Kats? Assuming the above has Randle and Brunson staying. And how that +/- would translate to wins and losses. I like Kat, but as always, the cost is the key.

If the cost is less than a true superstar, it's because he's less than a true superstar, and he's a superstar offensively...

Which means...

Minnesota gave up 4 first rounders to get KAT the hell out of way of trying to rim protect.

This was my point for those saying he would be a good addition. Issue would be that we would have to give up several players from our main core. Just for more offense. Which btw, is pretty good right now without him.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
martin
Posts: 68420
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
3/17/2023  6:20 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
blkexec wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:I'm feeling more and more KAT is the guy we should be targeting.

Haters would love him.

Because I haven’t been corrupted with the images of his decline, I see nothing wrong adding a talent like this FOR THE RIGHT PRICE.

If he’s better in the post I would’ve mind trying a lineup with him at center. Randle shooting 3. Brunson has Randle, Grimes or IQ open, and KAT in the post? Not sure how anybody would frown on that. This is coming from a “defense wins championships guy”. I just have a feeling The All Mighty Thibs will make KAT a better defender than he was in Minnesota.

So, who wants to tell him...?

🤣

This is not timberwolves thibs. This guy is a mix of old school, new school, whisperer therapy, all kinds of new age stuff. KAT will be joining a better team environment and structure. Players like hart and Jules, you can’t fail. KAT is too talented to pass on. For the right price. I’m not over paying.

This seems to follow the same "trade Randle while his value is at an all-time high"...

KAT is KAT. If is price is right, it's for a reason.

The fact his the Knicks system is dependent on interior rim protection. Kat and Randle on the floor together means there is none.

I don't think the Knicks or Thibs views the offensive upside so vast they literally abandon rim protection.

And I do not bank on the notion the second time around Thibs will defense whisper KAT into being a player he has not been since college a decade ago.

The Knicks system is probably shaped by the current makeup of the roster,

They signed a guy who rim protects and does little on offense BECAUSE of their team principle.

The current make-up of the roster and the team principals is a co-dependent, two-way street. They beget one another.

It would be a very effective 5 out with guys like RJ Randle Hart everyone diving to rim on offense with no interior defense to worry about in KAT on perimeter.

It MIGHT be.

Knicks are currently 5th on offense with below average production from 3 from the wings, and have been better the last 20 games as Randle, Barrett, Quickley and Hart's %s have improved.

With potential improvement (from 5th) built in, I'm not sure you abandon rim protection for a new offensive make-up.

That's speculative, but I think they choose to sign Mitch for 4 years BECAUSE his skillset is what they want out of a center. I don't think they built a system around mitch because they signed Mitch.

You are making your argument based off of signing a back up player and then a bunch of assumptions.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knickoftime
Posts: 24159
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2011
Member: #3370

3/17/2023  7:17 PM
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
blkexec wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:I'm feeling more and more KAT is the guy we should be targeting.

Haters would love him.

Because I haven’t been corrupted with the images of his decline, I see nothing wrong adding a talent like this FOR THE RIGHT PRICE.

If he’s better in the post I would’ve mind trying a lineup with him at center. Randle shooting 3. Brunson has Randle, Grimes or IQ open, and KAT in the post? Not sure how anybody would frown on that. This is coming from a “defense wins championships guy”. I just have a feeling The All Mighty Thibs will make KAT a better defender than he was in Minnesota.

So, who wants to tell him...?

🤣

This is not timberwolves thibs. This guy is a mix of old school, new school, whisperer therapy, all kinds of new age stuff. KAT will be joining a better team environment and structure. Players like hart and Jules, you can’t fail. KAT is too talented to pass on. For the right price. I’m not over paying.

This seems to follow the same "trade Randle while his value is at an all-time high"...

KAT is KAT. If is price is right, it's for a reason.

The fact his the Knicks system is dependent on interior rim protection. Kat and Randle on the floor together means there is none.

I don't think the Knicks or Thibs views the offensive upside so vast they literally abandon rim protection.

And I do not bank on the notion the second time around Thibs will defense whisper KAT into being a player he has not been since college a decade ago.

The Knicks system is probably shaped by the current makeup of the roster,

They signed a guy who rim protects and does little on offense BECAUSE of their team principle.

The current make-up of the roster and the team principals is a co-dependent, two-way street. They beget one another.

It would be a very effective 5 out with guys like RJ Randle Hart everyone diving to rim on offense with no interior defense to worry about in KAT on perimeter.

It MIGHT be.

Knicks are currently 5th on offense with below average production from 3 from the wings, and have been better the last 20 games as Randle, Barrett, Quickley and Hart's %s have improved.

With potential improvement (from 5th) built in, I'm not sure you abandon rim protection for a new offensive make-up.

That's speculative, but I think they choose to sign Mitch for 4 years BECAUSE his skillset is what they want out of a center. I don't think they built a system around mitch because they signed Mitch.

You are making your argument based off of signing a back up player and then a bunch of assumptions.

Mitchell Robinson is the starting center. I suspect the Knicks signed Robinson to be their starting center and Isiah Hartenstein to be his back-up on purpose.

Assuming that's what you meant.

If I understand you right, I think you and I disagree on the Knicks regard for Robinson.

As to the rest of my argument (which I was led to believe I am encouraged to make)...

Knicks are currently 5th on offense (1) with below average production from 3 from the wings (2), and have been better the last 20 games (3) as Randle, Barrett, Quickley and Hart's %s have improved (4) (5).

With potential improvement (from 5th) built in (6), I'm not sure you abandon rim protection for a new offensive make-up (7).

That's speculative, but I think they choose to sign Mitch for 4 years BECAUSE his skillset is what they want out of a center. I don't think they built a system around mitch because they signed Mitch (8).

1. Fact
2. Fact
3. Fact
4. Fact
5. The Knicks vastly improved 3 point shooting being a factor in their improved record/play is not a fact, and may be correlation rather than causation, but I think their relationship is a reasonable conclusion.
6. Assumption, qualified as such ("potential")
7. My argument/opinion, based on the preceding facts and the fact Mitchell Robinson signed a long-term contract, IS the Knicks starting center, and the Knicks have not acquired another center to be the starter, YES. That's my argument/opinion.
8. Yes, also my opinion, stated the potential offensive improvement was speculative and my thoughts on Robinson is what I think.

What facts do you dispute? What in your opinion contradicts my expressed opinion?

gradyandrew
Posts: 21999
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/19/2021
Member: #8959

3/17/2023  7:45 PM
I'm thinking about a KAT Randle Mitchell Robinson frontcourt. Lots of size to get past Milwaukee.
[Game Thread 3/14/23] Knicks at Blazers 10PM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy