3/15/2023  1:53 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:I feel like a proud parent. I wanted deuce to have this type of game so that fans can see for themselves and now believe in deuce. His defense alone is needed. He must have been killing in practice which is why he made thibs 9 man rotation over rose. So cudos to thibs for developing deuce.

I also missed the game and fell asleep in the 2nd quarter. Wish I had a dvr. I need to see this one. Congrats on the win.

Same thing happened to me. Did record the rest, and watched it late last night. Deuce hit his open looks, which was partly why he got bounced from the rotation. He was also driving and finishing.

They won the game without Randle having to be the main driver, and without Brunson. The FO has a decision to make about both players in the offseason. Im guessing that either RJ or Randle will be moved.

As much as he drives me crazy on occasion I just can’t see them trading Randle — it’s not just his scoring but it’s his physicality we’d miss the most but maybe I guess.

I think / hope RJ could be moved but wouldn’t bet a nickel in that outcome.

Its how Randle plays without Brunson thats concerning.

At the same time, RJ and Brunson dont really seem to click. There are good reasons to keep and trade both RJ and Jules.

name a good reason to trade Jules (aside from Giannis coming back)

I really dont want to get into another long back and forth about this. I would encourage you to go back and replay the Lakers game. Listen to what JVG was saying about Randle in the second half. Said it better than I could.

So a team looking for trade for Randle wasn't listen to JVG in the second half of the Lakers game?

Really asking.

I'll pass thanks.

You rarely express an actual bball opinion on this board. Its mostly about being a gadfly. Maybe thats why you've been banned elsewhere.

The bball opinion is Randle is Randle.

What we know about Randle's game everyone knows about Randle's game. It baked into both what we can expect from his production and expect from a return in a trade.

The premise another NBA GM won't see what we argue we see and what is broadcast on national TV doesn't pass the logic test.

AUTOADVERT
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
3/15/2023  2:21 PM
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
3/15/2023  2:21 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:I feel like a proud parent. I wanted deuce to have this type of game so that fans can see for themselves and now believe in deuce. His defense alone is needed. He must have been killing in practice which is why he made thibs 9 man rotation over rose. So cudos to thibs for developing deuce.

I also missed the game and fell asleep in the 2nd quarter. Wish I had a dvr. I need to see this one. Congrats on the win.

Same thing happened to me. Did record the rest, and watched it late last night. Deuce hit his open looks, which was partly why he got bounced from the rotation. He was also driving and finishing.

They won the game without Randle having to be the main driver, and without Brunson. The FO has a decision to make about both players in the offseason. Im guessing that either RJ or Randle will be moved.

As much as he drives me crazy on occasion I just can’t see them trading Randle — it’s not just his scoring but it’s his physicality we’d miss the most but maybe I guess.

At the same time, RJ and Brunson dont really seem to click. There are good reasons to keep and trade both RJ and Jules.

I really dont want to get into another long back and forth about this. I would encourage you to go back and replay the Lakers game. Listen to what JVG was saying about Randle in the second half. Said it better than I could.

So a team looking for trade for Randle wasn't listen to JVG in the second half of the Lakers game?

Really asking.

I'll pass thanks.

You rarely express an actual bball opinion on this board. Its mostly about being a gadfly. Maybe thats why you've been banned elsewhere.

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I didn’t just Google gadfly.

blkexec
Member: #748
3/15/2023  2:34 PM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

me either... I will stick with trading Randle being a ridiculous idea with no basis in reality beyond fan's whims or announcers blabbing.

There's a million reasons to trade Randle. But I agree with Gus. There's a million reasons to not talk about it. We are heading into the playoffs and we need Bully Randle and he needs Brunson.

Randle without Brunson = Thumbs down Randle.

My worry is come playoff time, every team will defend us like Ty Lue did. And if you are able to break Randle down mentally (ruff him up, foul him, etc....) he's lost and the team is lost since he's our leader. Randle is mentally fragile due to whatever reason. These guys are human so I understand the ups and downs. What I worry about is the playoffs. You can't be up and down, and expect to win a playoff series. We need a focused / unrattled Jules to make noise. If fans want to trade Randle, whats the arguement? It's clear why. If fans want to keep him, good. It's also clear why. But for me it ends there.

Eitherway, great team win.

11 more games left. Lets see if Randle and these knicks can finally get out of the first round. If Deuce and Hart continues to play well and RJ does the same on defense (3 blocks) and efficient on offense, we making noise (regardless if we have thumbs down or thumbs up Randle).

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/15/2023  2:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/15/2023  2:55 PM
blkexec wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

me either... I will stick with trading Randle being a ridiculous idea with no basis in reality beyond fan's whims or announcers blabbing.

There's a million reasons to trade Randle. But I agree with Gus. There's a million reasons to not talk about it. We are heading into the playoffs and we need Bully Randle and he needs Brunson.

Randle without Brunson = Thumbs down Randle.

My worry is come playoff time, every team will defend us like Ty Lue did. And if you are able to break Randle down mentally (ruff him up, foul him, etc....) he's lost and the team is lost since he's our leader. Randle is mentally fragile due to whatever reason. These guys are human so I understand the ups and downs. What I worry about is the playoffs. You can't be up and down, and expect to win a playoff series. We need a focused / unrattled Jules to make noise. If fans want to trade Randle, whats the arguement? It's clear why. If fans want to keep him, good. It's also clear why. But for me it ends there.

Eitherway, great team win.

11 more games left. Lets see if Randle and these knicks can finally get out of the first round. If Deuce and Hart continues to play well and RJ does the same on defense (3 blocks) and efficient on offense, we making noise (regardless if we have thumbs down or thumbs up Randle).

funny.. there's a million but they all must suck cause you dont post them. Seems like the best logic you guys have posted is we should trade our 2nd best player because he's not as good without our first best player. Wow.

Since bad teammate and sour disposition are off the table these is what it's come to. You guys literally dont like his face and of course JVG said something

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chandler
Member: #6197

3/15/2023  3:12 PM
ToddTT wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Really asking.

I'll pass thanks.

Haha. That said, Gustav did use the term correctly though IMO

(5)(5)
blkexec
3/15/2023  3:32 PM
Chandler wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Really asking.

I'll pass thanks.

Learned a new word today. I thought it was a typo

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Chandler

3/15/2023  4:02 PM
blkexec wrote:
Chandler wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Really asking.

I'll pass thanks.

it's often misused as a mere questioner, even a mere questioner who raises difficult questions

that said, it's more properly used when referring to a questioner who isn't really interested in the pursuit of truth so much as someone who likes to annoy

My guess is Gustav, like me, is on the older end of the spectrum on this board. it used to be used more frequently

(5)(5)
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

3/15/2023  4:53 PM
Chandler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Chandler wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Really asking.

I'll pass thanks.

it's often misused as a mere questioner, even a mere questioner who raises difficult questions

that said, it's more properly used when referring to a questioner who isn't really interested in the pursuit of truth so much as someone who likes to annoy

Which would be misused in this case.

The point (in this case) is talent in the NBA is HARD to come by. Knicks fans should know this as well at any NBA fan. Randle is a talent, but an imperfect one, which is MOST NBA talent is. He also happens to be a talent that this season is on a better team that a LOT of more perfect talents than him.

Then there is the grass is greener dynamic. The BEST the Knicks can hope for in this case it trading in an imperfect talent for someone else's imperfect talent, whose warts and flaws we'll all get to know (and some of us will run out of patience with) and who'll be starting the continuity clock at 00:00 ... AGAIN (because continuity is a thing and something the Knicks rarely have).

A way to make a Randle trade make sense in absence of actual names to compare is the premise 'trade him while his value is high' which is dependent on the premise other NBA teams don't see all the warts we do, which is especially problematic when the supporting point is a respected analysis is illustrating the flaws on national TV.

Want to propose 'Randle for X'? Cool. Then we can discuss the merits AND the likelihood of it making sense for the other team and we can consider if their scouting department watched all the games we all did.

But just the general edict of trade Randle unspecifically seems odd coming from fans who rarely have enjoyed talent. SOME Knicks fans seem to want to move immediately from crawl to sprint.

That's a BB take... that's an NBA take.... that's a Knicks take.

Not my problem if some others don't understand that.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

3/15/2023  5:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/15/2023  5:11 PM
Just an observation but there seems to be several posters on here that post opinions and when challenged claim "its policing", "a convo not worth having" or that it is too "combative. For me it seems a bit soft. Mentioned this on another forum. For me, the analogy is the guy that goes down to the local park and wants to get some run. Then when it gets a little physical (clean physical play) they decide to leave and claim the just "wanted to have fun and play some basketball.
Imho, if you post an opinion on a fan forum be prepared to get some heated push back. Be prepared to discuss it without getting ones feelings hurt. Be prepared that you may never change that persons opinion and agree to disagree. Think anything short of name calling and constant put downs should be fair game.
Several posters on here that use the excuse of combative banter to disguise the inability to defend their statement. Said it before, if you do not want anyone to respond to your opinion, then go to the train station and spray paint your opinion. Although , that tooo will get a swift response.

Do think their are valid points on both sides to the Randle trade convo.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

3/15/2023  5:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/15/2023  5:30 PM
Problem is, the ones wanting Randle moved are not taking important factors into consideration.

1. Expectation, What are your expectations? LBJ? Number one that takes us to Chip?
2. Production Value. How are his production numbers for guys making what he makes?
3. Positive traits, Are you only focusing on his negatives? Is there a player that has no negatives that can do what he can?
4. Alternatives? The biggest question for me. We can all bitch about how this guy does not do that and how we should have a better guy but WHO is available that wants to come here? How much does that alternative make? Is he someone without faults? Can they improve our win loss by 10-15 games and get us to the finals?

It's easy to say Randle does "spinovers" or does not take over a game in the last two minutes. But who is a viable replacement? Can't think of any player that is a viable better option. Don't see the Greek freak coming here. Embid? Tatum? Who?

Until then, the smartest thing to do is DEVELOP our youngins and good producers. Or was all that "Knicks need to develop their players" just talk?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/15/2023  5:42 PM
Randle's an important piece to our team. Randle can carry the team for stretches and is good for a few exceptional, game-changing plays a game.

But is he the guy that will put us over the top? Probably not.

I think that's Brunson - or at least, he's the best one we've got.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/15/2023  5:53 PM
technomaster wrote:Randle's an important piece to our team. Randle can carry the team for stretches and is good for a few exceptional, game-changing plays a game.

thing with the bold is he doesnt need to be. He's already shown he will defer, pass, give up the ball, do the dirty work... we are surely not anchored by how far Randle can get us. If adding Brunson has shown us anything its that Randle makes a good complimentary piece, not a clunky one.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
HofstraBBall

3/15/2023  6:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/15/2023  6:02 PM
technomaster wrote:Randle's an important piece to our team. Randle can carry the team for stretches and is good for a few exceptional, game-changing plays a game.

Good points. Who is a guy that would "put us over the top"? Teams with Tatum, Greek, Curry, LBJ, KL, Durant, Irving were not able to go "over the top." JB is really a good addition. But I do not think he is enough to "put us over the top". Once again, it's about who one claims we can replace Randle with? Will that person put us over the top?

Chandler

3/15/2023  8:46 PM
fishmike wrote:

thing with the bold is he doesnt need to be. He's already shown he will defer, pass, give up the ball, do the dirty work... we are surely not anchored by how far Randle can get us. If adding Brunson has shown us anything its that Randle makes a good complimentary piece, not a clunky one.

100%!

the last two wins were team efforts. ANd truth be told even when we were losing recently we played pretty good team ball. People should stop seeking perfection in a player -- it will only drive you crazier

When Brunson gets back Jules will play off ball in crunch time and we'll all be happier. It would be nice if he did it while Brunson was out but....

ANd as Fish says Jules is the guy we have and it's not like those other guys are here now or will be coming here so let's get behind this and send some positive energy

(5)(5)
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

3/15/2023  8:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/15/2023  8:49 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:

Good points. Who is a guy that would "put us over the top"? Teams with Tatum, Greek, Curry, LBJ, KL, Durant, Irving were not able to go "over the top." JB is really a good addition. But I do not think he is enough to "put us over the top". Once again, it's about who one claims we can replace Randle with? Will that person put us over the top?

Papabear Says

You guys just don't get it. You act like a bunch of spoiled kids. You better be happy the we have Randle oh yes he may mess up at times but he proved he can handle playing in New York. A lot of stars can't handle playing in New York it is a tough town. My fear is that Brunson's body can't take the pounding he is getting. He didn't have to do or carry the team in Dallas. We better be careful. No one else is breaking down doors to come play for us. We know what Randle can do. Beware of wanting to trade a good player who wants to be here.

Papabear
Knickoftime

3/16/2023  12:11 AM

Doesn't have to be.

Knickoftime

3/16/2023  12:18 AM
fishmike wrote:

The well thought out reasonable posts have brought any 'debate' to a screeching halt.

Funny how it tends to do that.

But adding o, this is why I think the ideal offseason addition to this team would be a veteran SF. A guy with a resume and gravitas that Randle will defer to but will also share the ball with him.

I don't care about timelines and planning for a dynasty. A vet with game left at the 3 who would let Brunson and Randle have their dominant nights but would be there when needed and command their respect is what this teams needs to go to the next level.

gradyandrew
Member: #8959

3/16/2023  3:21 AM
I'm feeling more and more KAT is the guy we should be targeting.
blkexec
3/16/2023  8:57 AM
gradyandrew wrote:I'm feeling more and more KAT is the guy we should be targeting.

Will KAT play center? What’s the starting lineup with kat. Do we have to give up anything to acquire him? How good is his defense?

[Game Thread 3/14/23] Knicks at Blazers 10PM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy