[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tomorrow's Starting SF

Author Poll
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
Who would you start at SF tomorrow against the Cavs?
Tim Thomas
Penny Hardaway
Trevor Ariza
Jerome Williams
View Results

Author Thread
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/20/2004  11:07 PM
JYD. TT brings nothing now, and I wouldn't start Ariza yet.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/21/2004  12:23 AM
Posted by MaTT4281:
Posted by BRIGGS:

amazing D on dirk? dirk looked like he was sleep walking and put up 30-12 shooting 50%. It doesnt matter who we put on lebron, no one can come close to stopping him. he is bigger stronger faster than anyone who would be guarding him.

Yes, I'm sticking with "amazing defense", if you can rewatch that game, tell me how JYD (not Kurt or TT, who also had to take their turns guarding him) could have guarded him any better. He stopped Dirk from taking some good shots, he constantly got the ball out of his hands, or kept him from ever getting it. He did everything you could as of him, and more, also considering Dirk is 4 or 5 inches taller than JYD.
He fouled him in the closing minutes, but all in all, I think he did a great job.

i thought he played him pretty well, scrappy and aggresive. would stop well short of *amazing D* because he put up 30 and 12+shot 56%-i think the bottom line are his results and the D played on him was far less than amazing

remember dallas was without their

starting 7-0 260 pound C
starting 6-7 225 SF
and starting PG

we are making this out to be some kind of morale victory

we shouldve been able to win the game. God help us the crying we would hear if Marbury Thomas and Crawford were out. Although Dallas has nice depth [like we supposedly have] you have to beat a team down 3 starters.

Im sure everyone expects a win tomorrow--Clev traveling playing B-B but if you have watched James play this year and equate how open our lane is, hes going to score 50 big ones or close to it manana. i would say that we had better double him all game
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/21/2004  12:31 AM
Tell me Briggs since you keep citing the 30/12 as evidence JYD's defense wasn't "amazing", how many of those 30 pts, 12 rbs were when JYD was guarding him? (Or are you blaming JYD for the points he scored even when Kurt or TT was guarding him??)
Bizzy211
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #601
USA
11/21/2004  11:31 AM
You took the words right out of my mouth Bonn
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
DefAndReb
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #336
11/21/2004  12:29 PM
Guys, I know we like to post on the forum and keep it updating, but let's give the team 20 games under their belts before we get ourselves out of sorts.

Keep TT in the starting lineup, give him a chance to prove himself. After 20 games, if he's still playing like this, THEN bench him, start Ariza. Penny just isn't a forward. Sorry, he just isn't. If he's at the 3, I consider it a 3-guard lineup.

No firings, trades, or major upheavals until after the first 20 games. After that, anything goes.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/21/2004  1:22 PM
It was very good defense, but not amazing. That's NY overrexxageration for you. However, you couldn't have asked JYD to do any better. Dirk DID score a lot of points at the end of the game, against anyone including JYD. What was AMAZING was how Dirk was able to score those points, despite the very good defense of Jerome Williams. What would have been amazing was if JYD kept Dirk to 20 points, on 5 of 15 shooting, 1-4 from 3 pt range.

His defense was good enough to shut down a lot of other players in the league, but if your guy scores 30 points, it's not quite amazing.

With that being said, I still don't take anything away from Jerome, b/c his D was the best it could be, so I give praise to Jerome, on that particular situation.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

11/21/2004  4:09 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by MaTT4281:

I would give it to JYD no problem. TT continues to struggle, and JYD is excelling. He played amazing D on Dirk yesturday. I'm hoping he will do the same on Lebron tomorrow.
amazing D on dirk? dirk looked like he was sleep walking and put up 30-12 shooting 50%. It doesnt matter who we put on lebron, no one can come close to stopping him. he is bigger stronger faster than anyone who would be guarding him.

wat game were you watching? JYD gave a TREMENDOUS effort on dirk frustrating the hell out of him... almost all his points came when JYD was not on him
Tomorrow's Starting SF

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy