[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tomorrow's Starting SF

Author Poll
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
Who would you start at SF tomorrow against the Cavs?
Tim Thomas
Penny Hardaway
Trevor Ariza
Jerome Williams
View Results

Author Thread
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
11/20/2004  2:33 PM
I intially said Ariza but I wouldnt mind seeing Penny start for his veteran leadership,then bring in Ariza then the towel boy,the pretzel guy,then TT.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/20/2004  2:38 PM
The Cavs' starting SF is LeBron.

As a coach you still have to be patient enough with TT to start him and see how it goes. If he doesn't bring the hussle, you bring in Penny and Ariza for offense and JYD for defense.

There is just no way Ariza should be a starter right now; he would get abused.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
11/20/2004  2:42 PM
I picked Jerome.....He gives us the defensive intensity we lack...
~You can't run from who you are.~
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
11/20/2004  2:44 PM
I forgot about JYD.Id put him in if Penny is having problems with Lebron.Id put in Ariza in when Lebron takes a breather.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
USA
11/20/2004  2:51 PM
I put JYD. I like his size, defense, and rebounding, especially against Lebron. However, we cannot give up on TT. If he is removed from the starting lineup, he needs to be the first SF off the bench. And he gets as many minutes as he deserves based on his play.

The only negative about starting JYD is that it would make it even harder to find minutes for Ariza, but I think it can be worked out where he gets one solid run in each half.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 11/20/2004 14:52:27]
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/20/2004  2:55 PM
this is whats good about having a bench like this. TT should remain the starter. Even though his shot still wasnt falling he did work harder on D and the glass. We need someone that can force Lebron to work on D and TT has the best shot at that. Hopefully he has a good game on offense. If he isnt we have good bench players to step in for that role.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
11/20/2004  5:18 PM
Hrm...

LeBron likes to cheat off his man on defense--- hover in the middle and pick off passes or poke the ball away. He's not really a great 1 on 1 defender... yet.

Ariza's speed and aggressiveness would probably work in our favor against LeBron. While Ariza has been called for a fair number of offensive fouls for attacking the rim with reckless abandon, superstars like Lebron (nor finesse bigmen like Ilgauskas or Gooden) don't want to scrifice their bodies want to draw an offensive foul.

IMHO against this team Ariza could have a career game. He's always in attack mode on offense and defense--- he he sees an opening he goes for it... if his man has the ball, he gets all in his face.

Tim Thomas is a smooth, somewhat passive player--- you never know when he'll play with fire.

JYD might match up with Lebron the best of the bunch. The more Marbury/Crawford decide to shoot, the more valuable JYD is out there.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Bonn1997
USA
11/20/2004  5:23 PM
Posted by fishmike:

this is whats good about having a bench like this. TT should remain the starter. Even though his shot still wasnt falling he did work harder on D and the glass. We need someone that can force Lebron to work on D and TT has the best shot at that. Hopefully he has a good game on offense. If he isnt we have good bench players to step in for that role.
Yeah, I can also see your argument. We do need TT to get going, and it's probably more likely to happen if he remains in the starting lineup. If he does start and plays with the wrong approach, he should be pulled for the rest of the half, though.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
11/20/2004  6:15 PM
JYD for sure. He is quick and a defender that wants to do nothing but hustle. Lebron is big and strong, putting Penny to guard him wouldn't be fair. JYD's intensity would keep us in the game. We are at home and he would definitely keep the home crowd involve. Forget about TT for now, let him come off the bench. TT's slump is a gift from heaven. It will actually help him in the long run. He will finally become an all around player when it all said and done. he will finally dedicate some time to rebound, and defend, because if not he will not get any playing time.
The true Knickabocker..........
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/20/2004  6:24 PM
I'm still saying start TT and yank him if he's goofing up.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
11/20/2004  6:34 PM
more than likely, i'd put in penny becuase we need a strong start offensively, as we proved last season. OBVIOUSLY TT has'nt come through for us thus far. i'd also have no problem w/JYD 'cause my man is so much of an up-tempo player. all i know is TT got me a little sick already. statisticly he should have had at least 8-10 pts if he got 9rbs. it's not hard to put...the...ball...in...the...basket if you just got the rebound. the worse that can happen is you get fouled and go to the line for the equivalent of a damn layup! 4 points? YOUR 6' FACKIN' 10"!........... and a boxer.
diderotn
USA
11/20/2004  9:05 PM
Offense? a good offense starts with a good defense. That is why it is extremely important to have JYD in the game as our starter. He can try to clamp down on Lebron, and most of all can create turnovers. Understand one thing, the biggest reason why our team has struggle is because we don't have a beast on the court from the start to set a tempo. JYD will scratch, bite, slap, etc, if he has too. We need JYD as our starter, but Lenny is not bright enough to make that decision.

Posted by daddynel:

more than likely, i'd put in penny becuase we need a strong start offensively, as we proved last season. OBVIOUSLY TT has'nt come through for us thus far. i'd also have no problem w/JYD 'cause my man is so much of an up-tempo player. all i know is TT got me a little sick already. statisticly he should have had at least 8-10 pts if he got 9rbs. it's not hard to put...the...ball...in...the...basket if you just got the rebound. the worse that can happen is you get fouled and go to the line for the equivalent of a damn layup! 4 points? YOUR 6' FACKIN' 10"!........... and a boxer.
Bonn1997
USA
11/20/2004  9:11 PM
JYD will scratch, bite, slap, etc, if he has too.
Man, I loved it when JYD was asked what the best way to stop Yao was and he said "Bite his ankles!"
diderotn
USA
11/20/2004  9:16 PM
I have yet to watch JYD in a Knick uniform. The other night when the game was on national T.V., Lenny didn't put this dude on the court not even for five minutes. TT was struggling, granted that Ariza did a wonderful job supplying us with excellent defense, but the combo of JYD, Ariza, Kurt, could have caused the Rockets or any team for that matter a lot of problems. Why hasn't Lenny learned how to get the best production out of his roster???
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/20/2004  9:31 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
JYD will scratch, bite, slap, etc, if he has too.
Man, I loved it when JYD was asked what the best way to stop Yao was and he said "Bite his ankles!"

That's good. He's just a cool guy, isn't he?
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/20/2004  9:46 PM
I would give it to JYD no problem. TT continues to struggle, and JYD is excelling. He played amazing D on Dirk yesturday. I'm hoping he will do the same on Lebron tomorrow.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/20/2004  10:18 PM
Posted by Marv:

I'm still saying start TT and yank him if he's goofing up.

He's already lost 3 games for the Knicks...maybe 4. Face it Timmy has really been stinking up the place. It's not even about scoring. It's all aspects.

I picked JYD and then bring in Ariza to spell him. Penny has to get the minutes behind Craw and Marbs.

This is tough for Lenny man.....Against Dallas the front court was all over the place because Timmy hasn't came to play. He was trying to counter Dallas' speed. I think he did a great job. The players never gave up and almost won.....and they would have won if Lenny didn't have to bounce around the 3 position.

Geez man if Timmy was doing at least what he did last year 15 and 5 the Knicks should have from 2-3 extra wins.

He's gotta pull him now and try him later after he gathers himself. Maybe pride and anxiousness will set in and he will come back hungry.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/20/2004  10:49 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

I would give it to JYD no problem. TT continues to struggle, and JYD is excelling. He played amazing D on Dirk yesturday. I'm hoping he will do the same on Lebron tomorrow.
amazing D on dirk? dirk looked like he was sleep walking and put up 30-12 shooting 50%. It doesnt matter who we put on lebron, no one can come close to stopping him. he is bigger stronger faster than anyone who would be guarding him.
RIP Crushalot😞
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/20/2004  10:57 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

amazing D on dirk? dirk looked like he was sleep walking and put up 30-12 shooting 50%. It doesnt matter who we put on lebron, no one can come close to stopping him. he is bigger stronger faster than anyone who would be guarding him.

Yes, I'm sticking with "amazing defense", if you can rewatch that game, tell me how JYD (not Kurt or TT, who also had to take their turns guarding him) could have guarded him any better. He stopped Dirk from taking some good shots, he constantly got the ball out of his hands, or kept him from ever getting it. He did everything you could as of him, and more, also considering Dirk is 4 or 5 inches taller than JYD.
He fouled him in the closing minutes, but all in all, I think he did a great job.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/20/2004  11:00 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by MaTT4281:

Yeah....that is the truth.

Thing is Lenny has to get a unit out there that will compete from the start cuz the Knicks have been good at coming back but have had to come back from hell to make the box score respectable.

LEbron will get his just like Dirk. The Knicks have to get theirs.

Maybe this Timmy funk is like Chuck Knoblock(your guess is as good as mine on the spelling).....maybe he just needs time to promote his rap album.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Tomorrow's Starting SF

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy