[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jermaine must get kicked out of the league.
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/20/2004  11:36 AM
Guys since we are on-line you can go and see hundreds of angles of this fight.....

Artest started this cuz Wallace was the one that almost took his head off with that shove. All the fan did was throw a little beer on him cuz he was mocking the whole situation. Artest a punk. Wallace is his match but he goes and attacks a guy that looks like he was 5'8" 125lbs.

Now O'neal? He straight up clocked the fan that Artest just finished punching and O'neal had nothing to do with that. That was an assault. He didn't just punch him he ran over there and clocked him with all his might. A vicious assault.
Then O'neal decided to take on the whole crowd.

Artest had the nerve to raise up a his index finger and if to say #1.

I know guys already have a thread up.....but I want to talk about if Jermaine should even be allowed to step on a NBA floor again. Artest was defending himself if you wanna call it that but the attack on that ignorant stupid man was criminal.

Can you imagine O'neal getting suspended this year and then coming back next year talking to Cherryl Miller about his double double? I can't see it. All this over a beer.

O'neal should be expelled from the league.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/20/2004  11:43 AM
then you might as well kick jackson and artest out too. I can understand why Artest went into the crowd eventhough it is not the right thing to do.

just think about...you are in a gym playing ball and someone throws something at you. Won't you go confront him in some way?

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 11/20/2004 11:58:40]
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
11/20/2004  11:43 AM
go vote in the poll
EnySpree

11/20/2004  11:52 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

then you might as well kick jackson and artest out too. I casn understand why Artest went into the crowd eventhough it is not the right thing to do.

just think about...you are in a gym playing ball and someone throws something at you. Won't you go confront him in some way?

If a guy your size gets mad after you foul him and almost takes your head off with a shove what you gonna do? That should have been the start of a brawl. Was Artest trying to avoid getting in trouble by not taking on Wallace? Obviously not if he chases after Pee Wee Herman in the stands.

Bottom line Artest should have attact Wallace for making him look like a punk instead of attacking that stupid fan.

Getting beer thrown at you is an ushers responsibility. What Wallace did to Artest is some grown men stuff.

Besides if you forget about Wallace....the fan deserved it.

I'm talking about O'neal. He came out of no where and hit a man that was being restrained. He was no threat and couldn't defend himself. O'neal ran over to do it. To anybody in the street that is pre-meditated assault....which would mean jail time.

O'neal should get get banned. If they nullified Sprewells contract for choking a coach. O'neal should get the Micheal Ray.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

11/20/2004  11:53 AM
here is AOL's footage. I think it's the best available.

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/video.adp?id=20041120082509990011

Bizzy211
Member: #601
USA
11/20/2004  11:54 AM
I don't agree and you should reconsider. We all have the luxury of watching such events on T.V, but NBA players are human and when a fan steps on the court during a confrontation then you have to assume:

1. The police aren't doing their jobs because that guy should be grabbed up as soon as he touches the court, or they just lack personnel.

2. Players should have a right to protect and defend themselves because you don't know how much that fan had to drink, and you don't know what he is carrying on him (not a gun, but any sharp object).

3. That fan is just looking for trouble. Fans should be responsible for their own actions, or the NBA is going to have to invest in some Nets to go around the area to protect the players from the fans and objects coming their way. Jermaine protected Ron, and made sure the guy couldn't do anything by demoblizing him with that sweet punch.

These guys are only human, why do people feel as if things don't hurt these guys, they aren't made of steel. If there were adequate policemen/ security around, then Ron would not have been able to get that far. Detroit fans have a reputation and the NBA ignored it.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/20/2004  11:55 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

then you might as well kick jackson and artest out too. I casn understand why Artest went into the crowd eventhough it is not the right thing to do.

They weren't in a gym. They were on stage. Where they're paid many millions of dollars to entertain fans. Artest lost it - wan't the first or last time. But he crossed a pretty big line with this one.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/20/2004  12:02 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

you have to be an AOL member? dang, I don't have a login.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EnySpree

11/20/2004  12:08 PM
Posted by Bizzy211:

I don't agree and you should reconsider. We all have the luxury of watching such events on T.V, but NBA players are human and when a fan steps on the court during a confrontation then you have to assume:

1. The police aren't doing their jobs because that guy should be grabbed up as soon as he touches the court, or they just lack personnel.

2. Players should have a right to protect and defend themselves because you don't know how much that fan had to drink, and you don't know what he is carrying on him (not a gun, but any sharp object).

3. That fan is just looking for trouble. Fans should be responsible for their own actions, or the NBA is going to have to invest in some Nets to go around the area to protect the players from the fans and objects coming their way. Jermaine protected Ron, and made sure the guy couldn't do anything by demoblizing him with that sweet punch.

These guys are only human, why do people feel as if things don't hurt these guys, they aren't made of steel. If there were adequate policemen/ security around, then Ron would not have been able to get that far. Detroit fans have a reputation and the NBA ignored it.

I think Artest is a punk for not taking this out on Wallace but he did what any man would do by defending himself after being hit with the beer. Stephen Jackson is the man for having his back. They shoudl be suspended for a while.

Dude watch the AOL footage. O'neal really crossed the line. The guy he punched was the same guy Artest had just finished knocking out. He was getting up and a friend was helping him thats when O'neal ran in with the finishing move. Why did he do that?

Check it out man. I really think there should be more than just a fine for O'neal. He did the worst thing. I really believe he should be banned.
EnySpree

11/20/2004  12:14 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by EnySpree:

you have to be an AOL member? dang, I don't have a login.

Ahhh man I wish I knew how to convert it. Martin man this is really bad. How could a Pacers fan still want to cheer these guys? This is really bad.

The NBA has until this afternoon to decide. They have to drop the hammer down on this one. This is nothing like punching out Rudy T.
This is nothing like Sprewell choking PJ. This is some real going to jail type stuff. I'm suprised I haven't heard anything about these guys(fans included) being arrested.

This is just very bad.
Bizzy211
Member: #601
USA
11/20/2004  12:17 PM
I can't see the AOL footage for some reason (I'm at work so it's probably blocked), but I think the fan asked for it. I could understand if he was in the stands and Oneal did that, but he was on the court.

He's lucky he didn't get stomped on like the fan that tried to attack Jeff Nelson in the bullpen last year. If you go into any area where professional athlets play, ie. bullpen, on ice, the court, or the football field, you are asking for it, and your actions should hold you very much responsible for any actions the players take to protect themselves.

If it were the President who had been on that court, you know the fan would've been taken out again. These guys have to be protected because there are those obsessed fans out there who are willing to hurt and you just never know what that guy is thinking when he steps on to the playing area.

[Edited by - Bizzy211 on 11/20/2004 12:18:13]
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
Clean
Member: #743
11/20/2004  12:18 PM
The guy is on the court not to give them flowers but to try and fight the players its obvious how can you not see this. Who care if he had been laid out before he deserved what he got for doing what he did. O'neal is now my hero he protected a teammate he does not like. That warrents much respect from me.
EnySpree

11/20/2004  12:46 PM
Posted by Clean:

The guy is on the court not to give them flowers but to try and fight the players its obvious how can you not see this. Who care if he had been laid out before he deserved what he got for doing what he did. O'neal is now my hero he protected a teammate he does not like. That warrents much respect from me.

Dude Artest was back pedaling and out of it and the dude was being helped up by his friend when O'neal popped him. I'm telling you. He wasn't coming to Artests aide. I don't know what he thought he was doing.

Check out that link if you can....or get to someone with a AOL account.

Like I said Stephen Jackson is my man right now cuz he jumped up in the stands and was right there with Artest. He jumped off first. That to me is loyalty.

O'neal wasn't doing the same thing.

You gotta see it again......you probably seen it 50 times already. This AOL footage explains it all though. Check it out though.

The fans didn't belong on the court and they were all wrong for this whole thing but O'neal to me really was buggin. Especially since he had nothing to do with the whole thing.

This is bad but really....it could have been worse. The fans that were on the court weren't the fans you find in the rafters.....imagine that.

Not good though. Regardless what they deserved....this is real life. If this was at the Cage during the West 4th street tounament and this was us guys....we would be in jail. Same stuff should apply. I doubt it though.

This has to be handled right though guys can't just get a 5 game ban. These dudes should be shut down.

Even some of the Pistons were fighting the fans too. Let's not forget that.

Whew.....
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/20/2004  12:56 PM
From what I hear the guy with the white Wallace warm up jacket was the one thatoriginaly threw the cup, he was the one holding artest from behind and begin punching hartest in the side of the head.
Artest went after the wrong guy and that is what ignited the fans to jump into the melee ,to them that was one of their own( that was their false justification). If this was the 1st qtr I doubt if the fan would have threw anything on Artest, becuz the arena would have been full and he would have been easily identified.

Now if you travel with anyone and someone attacks one of ya boys you try to help right? S. Jackson had bad judgement he also went after a guy who was just trying to help his relative or friend who artest wrongly started grabbing. So that is where the confusion came in AND ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE.

My Overall observation: Fans don't care if they do a little jail time for assault, they are assured to get the out of court settlement for being attached physically by an "NBA Millionaire" (HOW TO BECOME A MILLIONARE)

I can see the laywers now Knowing that Christmas is coming trying to get fans "PAID"
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Kwazimodal
Member: #728
11/20/2004  1:00 PM
Oneal and Artest will probably be gone for the rest of the season but not permanently.Jackson might be back in time for the playoffs.Artest will be shopped,but I doubt anyone will offer fair value if anything except for Isiah (I hope he doesnt).

As far as jail time,I wouldnt be surprised see battery charges against Artest,Oneal,and a bunch of fans.I dont know about Jackson.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/20/2004  1:08 PM
First of all Ben wallace did not have to react like that to the foul, that was idiotic, but artest then took it to another level by going into the stands and hitting the wrong person, that fat kid artest fought with on the floor had no business being out there so I can see why artest fought him, but after artest was taken away and the kid was getting up off the floor, Oneal came full force running and hit that kid with a haymaker, that was dangerous(remember Rudy Tomjanovich and kermit washington) That IMO was an assault, and just plain stupid, at that point that fan pose a threat to no one.. I am dissapointed in this whole mess..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Kwazimodal
Member: #728
11/20/2004  1:17 PM
Assault is the threat of violence,battery is the act itself.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/20/2004  2:02 PM
here's the thing w/ Artest and Jackson. They were clearly wrong but also provoked. Jackson at least came to the aid of Artest when he was crowed by people. The guy that should really get railroaded is Oneil who came in out of few and decided he was getting his shots in on *someone*. The guy he hit, he hit so hard it could have killed him. The guy had NO idea where the punch even came from. At least Artest was fighting with guys fighting with him. Jermaine cold ****ed someone looking away.

I dont know about the fines but I would give Artest and Jackson 10 games and Jermaine 20 without pay. You have to make this hurt the players and their teams as much as you possible can, and put them on probation.. something where the next fight = a 365 day bad from the NBA without pay. Big Ben gets 2 games (the usual for what he did).
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Clean
Member: #743
11/20/2004  2:10 PM
Its easy to bring all this rational thinking when we are looking at replays over and over but in the heat of the moment all oneal saw was the two guys come for artest he ran over to help his teammate by the time he got there the guy was just getting up from being laid out by artest whose fault is that? If those two guy would have got artest on the floor do you think they would have stopped beating on him? No, so why the double standard?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/20/2004  2:17 PM
when Oneil hit the guy he was no a threat, he was blindsided and Oneil himself was NOT in danger. Rather than go to his teammates or leave the melee his choice to join it and did so with the intent to inflict harm to those involved, NOT to difuse the situation or protect anyone.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Jermaine must get kicked out of the league.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy