Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/10/2024  8:55 PM
ToddTT wrote:
VDesai wrote:Hard news to hear about Nate:

"Former Knicks guard Nate Robinson made a sobering admission that he doesn’t have long to live if he can’t find a new kidney."

https://nypost.com/2024/04/10/sports/nate-robinson-doesnt-have-long-to-live-without-new-kidney/

39 years old. Just terrible.

😢 Prayers for the little homey.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/10/2024  9:24 PM
Think the Boxing did it? "Kidney Punch"? Too much anti inflamitory's?
Nate is a super human physical specimen. I remember Alonzo Mourning having issues using too much antiflamitory meds 20 years back or so.
Not that blame or anything matters but people need knowledge to better take care of self and others.
The little crackhead was a pain but so much fun to watch and he had a big heart! Pound for pound one of the best athletes I have ever seen!
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
4/10/2024  10:09 PM
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
4/10/2024  10:09 PM
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/11/2024  8:35 AM
Nalod wrote:Think the Boxing did it? "Kidney Punch"? Too much anti inflamitory's?
Nate is a super human physical specimen. I remember Alonzo Mourning having issues using too much antiflamitory meds 20 years back or so.
Not that blame or anything matters but people need knowledge to better take care of self and others.
The little crackhead was a pain but so much fun to watch and he had a big heart! Pound for pound one of the best athletes I have ever seen!

Read that he dealt with high blood pressure back to his Knicks days that medical staff were worried about leading to something like this. They'd want to keep him out of games and Nate would refuse.

Unclear if this was something that contributed to his inability to stick with teams post-NY.

Very sad to hear and sincerely hoping some good news comes Nate's way very soon.

Once a Knick, Always a Knick.

SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
4/11/2024  9:25 AM
ToddTT wrote:

Thibs has earned a contract extension. Three out of four years in the playoffs after only making it three times in twenty years is a hue accomplishment. Just remember how bad it was here before Leon and Thibs got here.

DLeethal
Member: #9126

4/11/2024  9:31 AM
SergioNYK wrote:
ToddTT wrote:

Thibs has earned a contract extension. Three out of four years in the playoffs after only making it three times in twenty years is a hue accomplishment. Just remember how bad it was here before Leon and Thibs got here.

Yea I've mostly been on the "Thibs is getting old AF and let Johnny take over and allow Thibs to stay on as a FO consultant" wagon, but if Thibs wants to keep coaching this team for he deserves a short extension. I wouldn't go crazy with 4-5 more years though at his age. But the way this team has bought into him and hearing Brunson say "I love that man", I think he needs a chance to finish this job. All he's done is improve this team and improve nearly every player that has come across through organization during his tenure.

DLeethal

4/11/2024  9:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/11/2024  9:33 AM
Expectations are getting raised fast for this team though, he's passed every test so far in getting this team back to near contender level. But once you are a contender it's a different animal. We need to be open minded to seeing how this team performs in the playoffs when expectations are sky high. I would not go "all in" on Thibs with a huge extension. But he's earned a bump.

The Mark Jackson -> Steve Kerr / Dwayne Casey -> Nick Nurse model MIGHT eventually need to get applied to this team.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/11/2024  10:58 AM
DLeethal wrote:Expectations are getting raised fast for this team though, he's passed every test so far in getting this team back to near contender level. But once you are a contender it's a different animal. We need to be open minded to seeing how this team performs in the playoffs when expectations are sky high. I would not go "all in" on Thibs with a huge extension. But he's earned a bump.

The Mark Jackson -> Steve Kerr / Dwayne Casey -> Nick Nurse model MIGHT eventually need to get applied to this team.

This is not really fair...
Mark Jackson was never good, and Nick Nurse got Kawhi. Dwayne Casey literally got smoked by Lebron every year. Also did Casey show the kind of developmental chops Thibs has? I mean Thibs has leveled up literally every decent guy he's had since being here. I am pretty excited to see him work w/ OG and expect too see a better player there also
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/11/2024  11:19 AM
Thibs best coach since Van Grundy but some couldn’t stop yodeling for his dismissal - thankfully that seems to have stopped…for now. Really hoping these are the playoffs he earns his legacy - injuries be damned.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/11/2024  11:27 AM
KnickDanger wrote:Thibs best coach since Van Grundy but some couldn’t stop yodeling for his dismissal - thankfully that seems to have stopped…for now. Really hoping these are the playoffs he earns his legacy - injuries be damned.
yeah but nobody who mattered and most of the knocks were antiquated propaganda from prior jobs.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/11/2024  12:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/11/2024  12:53 PM
fishmike wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:Thibs best coach since Van Grundy but some couldn’t stop yodeling for his dismissal - thankfully that seems to have stopped…for now. Really hoping these are the playoffs he earns his legacy - injuries be damned.
yeah but nobody who mattered and most of the knocks were antiquated propaganda from prior jobs.

I definitely recall "Fire Thibs" threads to go with the daily grousing when the chips were down. You see the vestiges with the minutes po po and "hasn't won the big one" chatter. Fair enough. As I said would love to see him settle it once and for all. He's done an amazing job.

DLeethal

4/11/2024  12:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/11/2024  12:45 PM
fishmike wrote:
DLeethal wrote:Expectations are getting raised fast for this team though, he's passed every test so far in getting this team back to near contender level. But once you are a contender it's a different animal. We need to be open minded to seeing how this team performs in the playoffs when expectations are sky high. I would not go "all in" on Thibs with a huge extension. But he's earned a bump.

This is not really fair...
Mark Jackson was never good, and Nick Nurse got Kawhi. Dwayne Casey literally got smoked by Lebron every year. Also did Casey show the kind of developmental chops Thibs has? I mean Thibs has leveled up literally every decent guy he's had since being here. I am pretty excited to see him work w/ OG and expect too see a better player there also

Dwayne Casey took over a 23 win team and left them a 59 win team before Nurse won them a championship.

Mark Jackson took over a 23 win team and left them a 52 win team before Kerr won them a championship.

That was my only point. The former coaches were good culture builders and they felt they needed more innovation to get over the hump.

Thibs is awesome IMO but there will be a huge mentality shift once the expectations are risen if he does not get to the Finals and we will hear all the same stuff we heard last year after we lost to Miami about how he doesn't adjust and Spo outclassed him. That's just how it goes. Whether it's warranted/fair or not.

Nalod
USA
4/11/2024  12:46 PM

"Thibs age"......well ask Pop or Hubie about age? Thibs is a coaching crack head who loves the gig. He eats, lives and breaths it. If he was a consulatant I might think he would not be down with that as he is so hands on. But, if its his decision and wants to move on thats cool too! I suspect he wants a title. Leon wants a title. Dolan wants a title. We want a title. Let the man finish the job.

What is the market and his agent looking for? If we give him annual one year extensions while Leon is here perhaps all can live with that. Gives him a one year severance.
Maybe we lose Johnny Bryant. Maybe we hire someone as good or better for his spot? Thibs has earned the right to leave on his own terms until the team stops responding to him. They are dialed in and run thru walls for him. He has shown to adapt to the modern game and has built an offense that is potent while keeping a very good defensive posture.

Wait for playoffs? Dwayne Casey tried with a core and could not break thru. Thibs core keeps changing. If he had a mostly set roster for 2-3 seasons and fell short of expectations then you bring in a new voice. Mark Jackson was a dysfunctional personality. Not a bad coach, but he was hot mess of person and had the organization and players in disarray.
Seems we have a harmonious roster, coaches (including the infamous Darren Erman!), and front office all working nicely. There is no certain science a new coach can take a team farther.

Nalod
USA
4/11/2024  12:57 PM
See where Little Nate is on record saying knicks should trade Randle for Zion!! LOL
Of course, this is after Zion has put in a full season and played really well. A season where Randle been out more than half of it.
Man is entitled to his opinion but if he want a Kidney from Dolan he might want to make sure he is towing the company line!
DLeethal

4/11/2024  12:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/11/2024  12:58 PM
Nalod wrote:

"Thibs age"......well ask Pop or Hubie about age? Thibs is a coaching crack head who loves the gig. He eats, lives and breaths it. If he was a consulatant I might think he would not be down with that as he is so hands on. But, if its his decision and wants to move on thats cool too! I suspect he wants a title. Leon wants a title. Dolan wants a title. We want a title. Let the man finish the job.

What is the market and his agent looking for? If we give him annual one year extensions while Leon is here perhaps all can live with that. Gives him a one year severance.
Maybe we lose Johnny Bryant. Maybe we hire someone as good or better for his spot? Thibs has earned the right to leave on his own terms until the team stops responding to him. They are dialed in and run thru walls for him. He has shown to adapt to the modern game and has built an offense that is potent while keeping a very good defensive posture.

Wait for playoffs? Dwayne Casey tried with a core and could not break thru. Thibs core keeps changing. If he had a mostly set roster for 2-3 seasons and fell short of expectations then you bring in a new voice. Mark Jackson was a dysfunctional personality. Not a bad coach, but he was hot mess of person and had the organization and players in disarray.
Seems we have a harmonious roster, coaches (including the infamous Darren Erman!), and front office all working nicely. There is no certain science a new coach can take a team farther.

The age thing is not about Thibs as much as the players. There is a reason you don't see coaches in their late 60s and 70s anymore. Thibs is the second oldest coach in the league. He, Pop, and Carlisle are the only coaches in their 60s let alone LATE 60s/70s where Thibs is at.

That said, I agree the players here love him and he's done everything warranted to get an extension and a chance to finish the job. The team has never underperformed expectations during his tenure. 1-2 seasons of higher expectations can change a lot though, that was my only point, and there's precedent to successful coaches who suffer the same media critiques (warranted or unwarranted) getting canned after successful tenures for more modern coaches and then won championships.

The Warriors players also adored Mark Jackson the same way our players appears to adore Thibs. It was a managerial decision to go with a different mind and a different style. Thibs has historically ruffled feathers of his management in the same manner, although it seems he and Leon are very simpatico as long as they've been here (there has been noise about others not being as simpatico with Thibs like Wes and Brock).

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/11/2024  3:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/11/2024  3:25 PM
DLeethal wrote:
Nalod wrote:

The age thing is not about Thibs as much as the players. There is a reason you don't see coaches in their late 60s and 70s anymore. Thibs is the second oldest coach in the league. He, Pop, and Carlisle are the only coaches in their 60s let alone LATE 60s/70s where Thibs is at.

That said, I agree the players here love him and he's done everything warranted to get an extension and a chance to finish the job. The team has never underperformed expectations during his tenure. 1-2 seasons of higher expectations can change a lot though, that was my only point, and there's precedent to successful coaches who suffer the same media critiques (warranted or unwarranted) getting canned after successful tenures for more modern coaches and then won championships.

The Warriors players also adored Mark Jackson the same way our players appears to adore Thibs. It was a managerial decision to go with a different mind and a different style. Thibs has historically ruffled feathers of his management in the same manner, although it seems he and Leon are very simpatico as long as they've been here (there has been noise about others not being as simpatico with Thibs like Wes and Brock).

NY is the land of the highest expectations already, so it's not a new threshold to cross.

Thibs was on the ****ing proverbial hot seat since he started, but that's really only mythical. And so are the expectations going forward.

They don't really matter in the big picture of things, only for fans really.

You can do it or you can't.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/11/2024  6:02 PM
ToddTT wrote:

I need more Precious

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/11/2024  6:42 PM
martin wrote:Only part way in and it’s a nice listen

This pod was on point. Snapper Jones' kid knows his ****

Knick knacks...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy