Big Fight in NBA GAME
Author Thread
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
11/20/2004  12:06 AM
Posted by NYK3:

WOW INSANE...Jermaine O'Neal really laid that guy out
Artest went after the wrong guy, he couldnt tell who threw the beer at him, I feel bad for the guy he went after

Dont feel too bad,he is probably going to get some serious change after this.Its all on videotape so Artest will probably try to settle out of court.
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/20/2004  12:09 AM
YA'LL Know Artest had to represent (QUEENSBRIDGE) He wanted to get play for his new CD coming out next week . hehe
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
11/20/2004  12:11 AM
someone please tell me WHAT THE HELL WERE THOSE 2 FAT GUYS THINKING GOING AT ARTEST?? the one dude got clocked by O'Neal, I dont wanna laugh but that was kinda funny to me
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
Kwazimodal
Member: #728
11/20/2004  12:13 AM
Posted by NYK3:

someone please tell me WHAT THE HELL WERE THOSE 2 FAT GUYS THINKING GOING AT ARTEST?? the one dude got clocked by O'Neal, I dont wanna laugh but that was kinda funny to me

It was like Ron Artest vs. the Umpa Loompas

[Edited by - kwazimodal on 11/20/2004 00:14:15]
mattinNH
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #695
11/20/2004  12:19 AM
Looks like artest will get his month off for his music probably, heh.
NYK3
USA
11/20/2004  12:21 AM
Posted by Kwazimodal:
Posted by NYK3:

It was like Ron Artest vs. the Umpa Loompas

[Edited by - kwazimodal on 11/20/2004 00:14:15]
HAHAHA
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/20/2004  12:22 AM
Posted by mattinNH:

Looks like artest will get his month off for his music probably, heh.

lol...yup, it sure does look that way
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
NYK3
USA
11/20/2004  12:26 AM
This brawl totally took my mind off of the Knicks game, i guess thats kind of a good thing.

THIS IS SUCH A BLACK EYE FOR THE NBA
NYK3
USA
11/20/2004  12:29 AM
OMG I JUST SAW THOSE 2 FAT GUYS AGAIN, O'NEAL REALLY LAID ONE OF THOSE GUYS OUT
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

11/20/2004  12:38 AM
that **** was hot.. i was deff entertained.. lol... it was ****ed up how that fat guy got hit by oneal tho... pheeew.. that was crazy!
NYK3
USA
11/20/2004  12:41 AM
Posted by Elite:

that **** was hot.. i was deff entertained.. lol... it was ****ed up how that fat guy got hit by oneal tho... pheeew.. that was crazy!
yea man that was real crazy...lol first his friend got clocked by artest then he got laid out by O'Neal, that was too funny
TMS
USA
11/20/2004  12:51 AM
the sheer look of delight on the face of the fan who Artest went after first as it turned into a sheer look of absolute horror when he realized Artest was coming after him was priceless!
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/20/2004  12:59 AM
wow. that was unbelievable. i dont blame any nba player for going into the crowd or protecting his right for self-defense. this whole incident would not have happened if it wasnt for that guy who threw the beer on artest. he got pegged by the cup right in the head--where the F is security???????? somehow, someone needed to grab artest right there, but i dont blame ron for doing what he did. thats like saying if i threw a bottle at Nolad's wife, he's going to sit there and smile? no, hes likely to bum rush me in self defense. the bad thing is artest got the wrong cat at first. fred jones took a cheap shot to the side of the face from a big dude and then some fat spanish 21-22 yr olds came out of nowehere to throw down with artest--which was f funny and artest politley flattened him but oneal came in and really jacked him at point blank range
then i thought it was the ugliest part of the incident when oneal wa trying to get out--someone hocks a chair and they pelt him with everything

i know there are going to be some suspensions, but if i am artest jackson jones and oneal--if im given something ludicrous where i lose substatially money, i would go get a court order to have any action stayed. i think if there are suspensions for what happened prior to the bottle OK, but after that, IMHO it's more a matter for the criminal just system than nBA JURISDICTION. THAT WAS SELF-DEFENSE
i really believe that the fans-- the detroit ownership who obtained the security and perhaps the nBA themselves have to take the hit here. once that pelted him in the face, he had the right to protect himself.
RIP Crushalot😞
TMS
USA
11/20/2004  1:05 AM
getting a cup of beer thrown at you isn't what i'd call grounds to go after & physically attack a fan...if that happened in baseball when an OFer is playing the field, the player would be held accountable.

& get it right, it wasn't a Bottle that was thrown at Artest to start it off...it was a plastic cup of beer.
TMS
USA
11/20/2004  1:06 AM
that said, i have no problem w/what happened after Artest was hit in the head by the actual fan who threw the beer...from that point on, the players were perfectly justified...but Artest shouldn't have been in the stands in the first place imho.
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
11/20/2004  1:13 AM
tell that to the ref who got hit with a cup of beer and now has togo to the hospitol with a lump and gash on his head
TMS
USA
11/20/2004  1:52 AM
Posted by Clean:

tell that to the ref who got hit with a cup of beer and now has togo to the hospitol with a lump and gash on his head

the ref got hit with a bottle.
gunsnewing
Member: #215
USA
11/20/2004  2:17 AM
or the small children who were traumatized or the bloodied old folks on the floor
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/20/2004  5:22 AM
I decided to be crazy and stay up to watch that, on the 3 AM showing, now I can't sleep. That fight was flat out scary. Getting into fights isn't fun at all,for anyone. Now imagine these huge jacked people like Ron Artest and ONeal and Jackson coming at you.

I don't think this whole thing started on that hard foul. It got heated between Ben and Ron way earlier, particularly when Ben had that huge blocked shot on Ron, that sent Ron flying into the post. Then Ron gets a insane dunk, moments later, on a fast break. It seemed really heated, after that. Then we all saw what happened.

My first question is this, though. Why was Ron lying on the table? Were they just holding him down so he wouldn't get involved? Was he hurt after Ben shoved him, w/ that kind of force, in the neck?

Either way, all I saw was a plastic cup thrown at him, after that.

I think Breen and Walton said it best. There are no winners. The fans had no right to act this irresponsible and stupid. Artest had no right to just run into the stands like that. There is no innocent party. And I think Artest is going to get more than a months suspension. Lives were threatened, believe it or not. These players were attacking the fans, relentlessly (As were the fans, when they were throwing cups and bottles). I think the Indiana organization is about to get screwed with all these suspensions coming up.

Boy, Ron Artest has turned into a major NBA issue.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/20/2004  6:40 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

wow. that was unbelievable. i dont blame any nba player for going into the crowd or protecting his right for self-defense. this whole incident would not have happened if it wasnt for that guy who threw the beer on artest. he got pegged by the cup right in the head--where the F is security???????? somehow, someone needed to grab artest right there, but i dont blame ron for doing what he did. thats like saying if i threw a bottle at Nolad's wife, he's going to sit there and smile? no, hes likely to bum rush me in self defense. the bad thing is artest got the wrong cat at first. fred jones took a cheap shot to the side of the face from a big dude and then some fat spanish 21-22 yr olds came out of nowehere to throw down with artest--which was f funny and artest politley flattened him but oneal came in and really jacked him at point blank range
then i thought it was the ugliest part of the incident when oneal wa trying to get out--someone hocks a chair and they pelt him with everything

i know there are going to be some suspensions, but if i am artest jackson jones and oneal--if im given something ludicrous where i lose substatially money, i would go get a court order to have any action stayed. i think if there are suspensions for what happened prior to the bottle OK, but after that, IMHO it's more a matter for the criminal just system than nBA JURISDICTION. THAT WAS SELF-DEFENSE
i really believe that the fans-- the detroit ownership who obtained the security and perhaps the nBA themselves have to take the hit here. once that pelted him in the face, he had the right to protect himself.

I like to fight as much as anyone (maybe more), but from a legal perspective, Artest's (and especially O'Neal's) reactions exceeded the bounds self-defense. Self-defense must be reasonable and proportional. Getting hit with a plastic bottle doesn't permit someone to start beating the crap out of the wrong guy, and O'Neal blind-sided a guy. From an emotional standpoint, I understand and support it, but there is no legal right to do it.

Stern has handed out long suspensions for less.

Big Fight in NBA GAME

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy