[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Where would you rank Jalen Brunson and Julius Randle as an NBA Guard/Big duo?
Author Thread
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/24/2024  8:49 AM
AUTOADVERT
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

2/24/2024  10:41 AM
Here are the contenders in no particular order:

Jrue KP
DM Allen
Lillard Giannis
Brunson Randle
Maxey Embiid
Halliburton Turner
Butler Adebayo
Ant KAT
SGA Holmgren
Harden Kawhi
Jokic Murray
CJ Zion
Booker Durant
Steph Draymond

Kawhi Butler and Durant might be disqualified as wings- not sure Lots of talent in the NBA now

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/24/2024  7:08 PM
Knixkik wrote:I’m not sure, but I do think you can make a case for each player being top 30 overall going forward considering age, if they continue an upward trajectory.

Looking down the standings, in no particular order:

Tatum, J brown, Giannis, holiday, Embiid, Harden, KD, D Mitchell, Butler, Bam, Trae young, Haliburton, and Siakam
Jokic, Morant, J Jackson Jr, PG, Kawhi, Booker, Doncic, Irving, Edwards, Steph, Zion, Lillard, SGA, Lebron, AD

That’s 28 with some others like LeVine, DeRozan, Beal, Ingram, Middleton, Towns, Draymond, Sabonis either on the fringe or fading out due to age and/ or injuries.

I just think if Randle and Brunson take the next step they are in that elite mix.

Checking on my comment from last year, I would definitely update this list. And calling Brunson a top 30 player going forward, I would now update that to top 15 going forward.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/26/2024  4:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/26/2024  4:28 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
Nalod wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:Jalen Brunson and Julius Randle are on the verge of becoming the 1st All-NBA Knicks DUO since dating back to Walt Clyde Frazier and Willis Reed of 1970 ala 54 years ago.
Successive years?
I suspect Randle won't qualify given his not hitting 65 games.

Who's saying he's not going to play 65 games?

He's only missed 10 games and I don't think he's going to miss another 7 games.

He's already working out 2x per day and Thibs said 2-3 days ago how Julius Randle's looking, really good.

As long as he's back before March 8th he'll qualify for 65 games.

Speaking of Julius Randle his wife Mrs. Kendra quoted me and said "🧡" after she noticed me talking up Ju and then 2 days later? Julius Randle's MOM followed me on Knicks Twitter and then shared my Julius Randle Tweet (I never even knew his mom was on Knicks Twitter lol) and then 1 week later just the other day? Julius Randle's GRANDMA also followed me.

It's just an awesome feeling knowing the Julius Randle family appreciates NYK MENTALITY (me) after all these years of defending him here on UK.

What's just as cool is about 3 months ago I started a community on Knicks Twitter called Team Positivity Knicks Members we're now up to 102 members (I was tired of those Toxic ****s) and the entire time? Jalen Brunson's 1st #AUNT has been following me the entire time and she's been a Team Positivity Knicks Members the entire time and I had NO IDEA. We just found out over All-Star weekend that she's his aunt. I think it's pretty cool.

PS:

I'll be interviewing Ian Begley within the next couple days. Yes. NYK Mentality is going to interview and ask Ian Begley 10 questions. I'm excited.

I'll always be thankful for UK because you guys battle tested me and got me prepared for Knicks Twitter. It's a jungle over there.

"he looks good"......For somone with a torn Labrum perhaps.
"he looks good"......My wife told my son after my shoulder surgery. It would be long road before I felt good. Its all relative.
Randle might look good for his injury and progress. Good thing for Thibs to say. Randle said he might still need surgery? What that meant was if its not good enough to play, he shutting it down. If it don't make enough progress, he shutting it down. If it pops out, he is shutting it down. Surgery shuts it down. Torn Labrums don't heal. His is partial. they don't heal. One need not get surgery to be OK, but not an athlete that plays above his head with his hands. No surgery, its limited motion. Not what pro basketball players do.

Somewhere between toxic negativity which is never cool, and elite homerism is the reality.
Jules has played 46 games this season. I doubt he makes 19 of remaining 24 games no matter how much positive energy one can muster.
And, he has to play a good deal of them at elite levels. I doubt he would have gotten votes in any event. All star? Yeah, to 30 player. Top 15? Different level.

But im not going to be drunk uncle or Toxic Tommy (Debby Downers brother in law) and break spirit.
Hope your gaining some monetary benefit to all the work to be noticed by Mrs. Randle and family.
I've never been negative on Jules and really have enjoyed his ascension since he got here. Dig the family man and the work ethic.
Defended his "STFU" and thumbs down. Dude is human.
But, Im too pragmatic to go where you are.

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/27/2024  5:29 AM

~You can't run from who you are.~
Where would you rank Jalen Brunson and Julius Randle as an NBA Guard/Big duo?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy