[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Where would you rank Jalen Brunson and Julius Randle as an NBA Guard/Big duo?
Author Thread
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

2/5/2023  10:43 PM

I don't follow other teams too closely so therefore I'm clueless in regards to other teams Guard/Big tandems and/or where I'd rank them at (etc).

But what I do know?

Is that both of Jalen Brunson @ PG and Julius Randle @ PF are balling out of control.

Jalen Brunson:
51 Games.

23.1 Points.
6.2 Assists.
3.5 Rebounds.

FG% = 423/895 (.472%).
TS% = .580%.
Player Efficiency Rating = 20.6.

+

Julius Randle:
55 Games.

24.7 Points.
10.8 Rebounds.
4.2 Assists.

FG% = 457/997 (.458%).
TS% = .580%.
Played Efficiency Rating = 20.8.

=

47.8 Points.
14.3 Rebounds.
10.4 Assists.

FG% = 880/1,892 (.465%).
TS% = .580%.
Player Efficiency Rating = 20.7.

(Combined).

What's scary (for the rest of the league) is not only are these guys only 26 (Brunson) and 28 (Julius) years of age but also the fact that they're only just now getting their feet wet and haven't yet had the time together in order to gain true chemistry/cohesion together (alongside of one another).

I haven't enjoyed a Guard/Big duo/tandem (such as this one) since dating back to John Starks/Patrick Ewing in terms of how much fun it's been for me (in regards to this duo/tandem of Jalen Brunson/Julius Randle)

So my question is this.

Where would you all rank our Guard/Big duo of Jalen Brunson/Julius Randle (combo) in comparison to other top NBA combos (@ Guard/Big)?

AUTOADVERT
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

2/6/2023  6:52 AM
Up there with Stockton/Malone
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/6/2023  8:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2023  8:10 AM
NYmentality: “Greatest of all time!!!!”
NYStateofmind: “Not enough to save Thibs”
MS: “Why is Randle still here?”
Jaden Randle:”whenI grow up im gonna kick y’alls ass!”
KEmet: “the end of days are coming”.
Martin: “is there a reason RJ is not in this convo?”
Nalod: “Patience, enjoy the games”
PhilC: “Zach WIlson!”
Marv: “im still here”
Fishmike: “My son loves Randle”!
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/6/2023  8:22 AM
I’m not sure, but I do think you can make a case for each player being top 30 overall going forward considering age, if they continue an upward trajectory.

Looking down the standings, in no particular order:

Tatum, J brown, Giannis, holiday, Embiid, Harden, KD, D Mitchell, Butler, Bam, Trae young, Haliburton, and Siakam
Jokic, Morant, J Jackson Jr, PG, Kawhi, Booker, Doncic, Irving, Edwards, Steph, Zion, Lillard, SGA, Lebron, AD

That’s 28 with some others like LeVine, DeRozan, Beal, Ingram, Middleton, Towns, Draymond, Sabonis either on the fringe or fading out due to age and/ or injuries.

I just think if Randle and Brunson take the next step they are in that elite mix.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/6/2023  8:31 AM
I'm not sure i qualify them as a Guard/Big duo.
Sure one's a guard and one's a big.
But they just play their individual games and happen to be on the same team.
If they would be willing to learn to play as a duo instead of individuals, it would be a big step forward.
NYKMentality

2/7/2023  10:20 PM
And once again; another awesome game from this PG/PF duo of Jalen Brunson/Julius Randle (@ Orlando).

Brunson:
39 Minutes.
25 Points.
5 Assists.
2 Rebounds.
2 Steals.
9/13 from the field.
3/6 from 3.
4/5 FT.

Julius:
34 Minutes.
22 Points.
14 Rebounds.
6 Assists.
7/15 from the field.
4/10 from 3.
4/6 FT.

Combined:
73 Minutes.
47 Points.
16 Rebounds.
11 Assists.
2 Steals.
16/28 from the field (.571%).
7/16 from 3 (.437%).
8/11 FT (.727%).

We're going to become a tough out come postseason play because unlike ATL, Julius Randle has himself an elite Jalen Brunson @ PG (instead of an Elf and an aging Rose @ PG).

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

2/8/2023  10:09 AM
Nalod wrote:NYmentality: “Greatest of all time!!!!”

forget the medication?

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/8/2023  10:22 AM
Jalen is Tim Duncan as a pg. best Knicks g since Clyde
RIP Crushalot😞
NYKMentality

2/23/2024  12:42 PM
Jalen Brunson and Julius Randle are on the verge of becoming the 1st All-NBA Knicks DUO since dating back to Walt Clyde Frazier and Willis Reed of 1970 ala 54 years ago.
Nalod
USA
2/23/2024  1:42 PM
Philc1 wrote:
Nalod wrote:NYmentality: “Greatest of all time!!!!”

forget the medication?

Forget the sense of humor?

Nalod
USA
2/23/2024  1:46 PM
NYKMentality wrote:Jalen Brunson and Julius Randle are on the verge of becoming the 1st All-NBA Knicks DUO since dating back to Walt Clyde Frazier and Willis Reed of 1970 ala 54 years ago.

Successive years?
I suspect Randle won't qualify given his not hitting 65 games.
Also, they changed the rules. Its positionless. By that more then 3 center's can be chosen, 6 guards, or 6 Forwards. Its top 15 players.
I also suspected Randle might not have made it by that definition. I have full faith he would have had some votes.
both were all stars! That is great!
I think Brunson for sure is a top 6 guard this year thus far.

NYKMentality

2/23/2024  2:36 PM
Top 6 "GUARD"?!?

JALEN BRUNSON is Top-5 in MVP rankings bro.

NYKMentality

2/23/2024  2:50 PM
Nalod wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:Jalen Brunson and Julius Randle are on the verge of becoming the 1st All-NBA Knicks DUO since dating back to Walt Clyde Frazier and Willis Reed of 1970 ala 54 years ago.
Successive years?

Who's saying he's not going to play 65 games?

He's only missed 10 games and I don't think he's going to miss another 7 games.

He's already working out 2x per day and Thibs said 2-3 days ago how Julius Randle's looking, really good.

As long as he's back before March 8th he'll qualify for 65 games.

Speaking of Julius Randle his wife Mrs. Kendra quoted me and said "๐Ÿงก" after she noticed me talking up Ju and then 2 days later? Julius Randle's MOM followed me on Knicks Twitter and then shared my Julius Randle Tweet (I never even knew his mom was on Knicks Twitter lol) and then 1 week later just the other day? Julius Randle's GRANDMA also followed me.

It's just an awesome feeling knowing the Julius Randle family appreciates NYK MENTALITY (me) after all these years of defending him here on UK.

What's just as cool is about 3 months ago I started a community on Knicks Twitter called Team Positivity Knicks Members we're now up to 102 members (I was tired of those Toxic ****s) and the entire time? Jalen Brunson's 1st #AUNT has been following me the entire time and she's been a Team Positivity Knicks Members the entire time and I had NO IDEA. We just found out over All-Star weekend that she's his aunt. I think it's pretty cool.

PS:

I'll be interviewing Ian Begley within the next couple days. Yes. NYK Mentality is going to interview and ask Ian Begley 10 questions. I'm excited.

I'll always be thankful for UK because you guys battle tested me and got me prepared for Knicks Twitter. It's a jungle over there.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/23/2024  3:02 PM
Shaq/Kobe... wait, arent you the RJ = Kobe guy?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gradyandrew
Member: #8959

2/23/2024  8:17 PM
This thread got me thinking of old school NBA Jam with Ewing and Starks and Marv Albert saying "John Starks is on fire"
NYKMentality

2/24/2024  4:49 AM
gradyandrew wrote:This thread got me thinking of old school NBA Jam with Ewing and Starks and Marv Albert saying "John Starks is on fire"

Naaaaah Andrew my LEAVE JULIUS RANDLE ALONE thread was the 1 that was on ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿš’๐Ÿ”ฅ

I even used it against Toxic Knicks Twitter (as a reference) when one of those miserable dudes falsely accused me of "Just Becoming a Julius Randle Fan once discovering Knicks Twitter in February of 2023 last year" I copied the URL of that Julius Randle thread of UK and pasted it on Knicks Twitter and he NEVER tried to "punk me" or "pull my Knicks fandom card" ever again that happened like 7 months ago ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿคฃ

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/24/2024  6:47 AM
It took me a bit to figure out this was from last year.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/24/2024  7:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2024  3:58 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Successive years?

Who's saying he's not going to play 65 games?

He's only missed 10 games and I don't think he's going to miss another 7 games.

He's already working out 2x per day and Thibs said 2-3 days ago how Julius Randle's looking, really good.

As long as he's back before March 8th he'll qualify for 65 games.

Speaking of Julius Randle his wife Mrs. Kendra quoted me and said "🧡" after she noticed me talking up Ju and then 2 days later? Julius Randle's MOM followed me on Knicks Twitter and then shared my Julius Randle Tweet (I never even knew his mom was on Knicks Twitter lol) and then 1 week later just the other day? Julius Randle's GRANDMA also followed me.

It's just an awesome feeling knowing the Julius Randle family appreciates NYK MENTALITY (me) after all these years of defending him here on UK.

What's just as cool is about 3 months ago I started a community on Knicks Twitter called Team Positivity Knicks Members we're now up to 102 members (I was tired of those Toxic ****s) and the entire time? Jalen Brunson's 1st #AUNT has been following me the entire time and she's been a Team Positivity Knicks Members the entire time and I had NO IDEA. We just found out over All-Star weekend that she's his aunt. I think it's pretty cool.

PS:

I'll be interviewing Ian Begley within the next couple days. Yes. NYK Mentality is going to interview and ask Ian Begley 10 questions. I'm excited.

I'll always be thankful for UK because you guys battle tested me and got me prepared for Knicks Twitter. It's a jungle over there.

What the hell?
Been defending Jules for years on here and all I have is his uncle's friends trainer's son's allegedly real Ukrainian Internet girlfriend messaging me thumbs up symbols on Twitter!?

Do think that If Randle comes back strong the Randle/Brunson duo has a chance to be noticed in this years playoffs. Hoping they both read this and put in some PnR and back door cuts off double teams. We saw OG doing the latter real well in the short time they played together.
Rank them pretty high in being the best big/guard duo currently .
I would bring up the fact they are the number one duo when factoring in contract value.
Giannis and Lillard probably top but making close to $90M combined.
Let's not forget the Brown/Tatum combo who make more money than most countries total GDP.
Think Jokic and Murray are top right now though.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
blkexec
Member: #748
2/24/2024  7:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2024  7:37 AM
I like players that play defense. Clyde was a 2 way guard. MJ and Pippen were defensive players. The glove. We can go on and on.

Stockton and Malone were not known for their defense, but rather their pick and run plays they ran over and over and over again.

I don’t see JB and Randle in these roles. So I can’t compare them to anybody right now. But one thing they both bring is the will to win and leadership. They take over games and show their passion with their offense.

Doesn’t mean we don’t have the best duo or not. Just hard for me to rank them against others. Dame and the Greek freak? I don’t know.

What I do know is this is the best team we’ve had in so long, I’m just soaking it all in. JB and Randle are strong leaders who leads with their voice and more importantly their game.

I’m just glad we have them and their supporting cast.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
Member: #748
2/24/2024  7:40 AM
franco12 wrote:It took me a bit to figure out this was from last year.

Same

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Where would you rank Jalen Brunson and Julius Randle as an NBA Guard/Big duo?

ยฉ2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy