[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

time for a kool-aid thread
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/19/2004  11:45 AM
despite his bad shot selection at time Crawford hat 8 assists, 5 rebs, 2 steals and ZERO turnovers while shooting 5-11 from downtown.
This kid can play and I am glad we have hit at this point in his career. He need to play winning basketball but heck, so did Billups, Rip Hamilton. Richardson and most of the other young guys that have moved to winning teams/environments. This guy is 24 and only getting better.

So long as people are crying about Isiah's bad trades does anyone think if they draft were a big do-over the Ariza wouldnt be a top 15 pick? Heck... look at last years draft
http://www.nbadraft.net/2004.asp
Trevor could easily be a top 10. At 19 its hard to argue potential and he's an impact player RIGHT NOW. He's got a great head.. unflappable. Even when he jams on the break he does everything like he's been there before. Isiah has been pretty successfull with the draft in the past. If Ariza is a taste of things to come this team and franchise can get on a good track a lot faster.

Sweetney has been a little up and down, and thats ok. I like that Lenny sticks with him. Like any 22 year old sophmore he's going to have his bad nights. The only thing I dont like is he's still very tenative on defense, and afraid to be more physical because of the fouls. Its a learning step.

Nazr is averaging 12/9 and 1.5 blocks over the last 5, including a 0 points/2 reb stinker against LAC. Hopefully the good production continues if for no other reason than it helps his value as a trading piece.

I'm wondering how people feel about KT since he signed his extension, and his value to this or any team. Unselfish play and best of all controlled. No dumb fouls, no technicals, no arguing with refs, no selfish play. This is the KT I have dreamed about but never thought would appear. His 11/11/1.5 is nice, but most of all he's played great D for 35 minutes and only 3 PFs a game. Ive dogged this guy for 3 years but he deserves the game ball AGAIN.

The passing. How many times last night with Ariza, Penny, Craw and Marbury did we see that ball swing around, and swing around a 2nd or 3rd time until KT was open for one of this 20 open jumpers. Good fundamental play.

Mmmm... by the way grape (of course) is the flavor for the day.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
nykdunk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #570
USA
11/19/2004  11:57 AM
I agree. Especially about KT. He's been making me feel silly for even entertaining starting Sweetney over him. He's our most consistant Knick, best low post defender, who always plays hard and hustles. Not the most talented guy by any means, but he's great at what he does, and without him the Knicks don't win yesterday.

Nazy is also growing on me. His game is really coming along of late. He's still no starter or a key to any deal, but he's been effective. Especially early in the games. The Knicks started real slow, but he helped stop the bleeding.

Ariza and Sweetney, of course, are going to have they're growing pains, but they are very fun to watch. Both players do a lot of the intangibles that don't show up on the scoresheet. And the fact that they're both homegrown makes it that much sweeter.

Crawford needs improvement, but he'll be alright and proved to be a game-breaker. His defense is a little more worrying to me than his bad shot selection, but it's early.

The only I find it funny is how you couldn't defend TT, even with the Kool Aid!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/19/2004  12:01 PM
in all fairness, Tim did manage to allow Penny to be on the floor in crunchtime to hit those huge consecutive 3 pointers to get the team back in the game.

how's that for positive kool-aid?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
USA
11/19/2004  12:01 PM
TT will get on track. I dont know if he's got offcourt stuff, or Ariza is in his head or what. He had a bad start last year but was 15/5 overall and played very well down the stretch. His mouth and fugazyness make him hard to root for, but his game is a good fit for this team, its just not on.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/19/2004  12:04 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Mmmm... by the way grape (of course) is the flavor for the day.

ROFL!

Quick! Somone get Photoshop out and make this grape kool-aid instead of cherry.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/19/2004  12:07 PM
The only questionable trade is KVH & Doleac for Tim Thomas & Muhammad. And the only reason it is questionable right now is because Tim Thomas has been horrible. If Tim Thomas regains his 16pt 5reb form and Muhammad continues to be a 10-9 guy then there is no problems with the trade.

The additions of Marbury-Hardaway have been very good and even though we traded away a first rd pick we still landed one in Ariza without trading up. Spoon for Norris was to give Sweetney more time. We gave up peanuts to land Crawford. Resigning Kurt Thomas was a solid move.

Ariza-Sweentey-Crawford are getting better and better. We have been without Houston & Tim Thomas has played like crap but we have been in games with Pacers, Spurs, Houston, Wolves. It hasn't been pretty but it could be worse.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/19/2004  12:20 PM
TT needs to go.

Nazr is also growing on me. I love the hustle and offensive rebounds. He needs to do better defensively.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/19/2004  12:21 PM
For the long-term, I'd rather have Ariza than Van Horn at SF and I'd rather have Nazy than Doleac. As far as I'm concerned, Isiah improved both the SF and C positions. I think at the age of 19 Ariza could put up better playoff numbers as a starter than Van Horn does.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/19/2004  12:48 PM
Heck pour me up a glass, I am thirsty..

I like the way crawford is playing also, but what goes unnoticed is that big steal he had late in the game, and his willingness to take the big shot is huge, it is easy to take a big shot when the game is tied, at least you have overtime, but to do it down by 2 for the win, is big.. His 8 boards and 4 assists are fantastic and no turnovers is even better. I like this team..

Ah.... this cool aid is good.. another glass please.. make that a double..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Bippity10
Member: #574
11/19/2004  1:00 PM
What really has gone unnoticed is how well Steph played in the second half. Two big shots and a phenomenal cross court pass to KT late. This guy takes so much abuse I feel obligated to give him credit when heplays well.
I just hope that people will like me
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/19/2004  1:14 PM
Steph's offensive game & passing skills have never been questioned...it's his defense that people want him to improve...Tyronn Lue put up 15 points...he still needs to work on that aspect of his game.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/19/2004  1:45 PM
Don't talk about steph shortcomings in the kool-aid thread, somebody might have an "Acid Re-flux Attack" and mess up their computer keypboard+screen.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/19/2004  1:46 PM
tim/kvh trade revisit #2,456:

isiah himself said he would not have traded kvh for tim straight up but the "key to the deal" was nazr.

if this continues, nazr is LIGHT YEARS better than doleac.

maybe, just maybe isiah knew what he was doing. and maybe, just maybe nazr turned a corner.

i'll take a glass of kool-aid. i won't go to costco just yet to pick up the barrel of mix, but i'll definitely take a glass or two now...
fishmike
USA
11/22/2004  10:25 AM
more kool-aid...
ready for this?
This is the last week the Knicks will have a losing record for the next 3 years.

mmmmmm good.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/22/2004  10:34 AM
next 7 games

atl
@tor
tor
@atl
mem
orl
@cha

5-2 over that stretch seems reasonable if the frontcourt play continues. seriously, how impressive have kurt and nazr been? amazing.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/22/2004  10:41 AM
Posted by fishmike:

more kool-aid...
ready for this?
This is the last week the Knicks will have a losing record for the next 3 years.

mmmmmm good.

LOL
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/22/2004  10:49 AM
Posted by fishmike:

The passing. How many times last night with Ariza, Penny, Craw and Marbury did we see that ball swing around, and swing around a 2nd or 3rd time until KT was open for one of this 20 open jumpers. Good fundamental play.

This is the most encouraging thing about this team. I love it. Even when they are not playing great, the ball moves (unless an early heave by Crawford, or an air ball by Gazy). This is something of a treat! Even in the good old days of Ewing/Starks we didn't really such good ball movement. Hopefully as the team plays together more this will translate into better and higher percentage shots, and a great chemistry.
fishmike
USA
11/22/2004  12:50 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

next 7 games

atl
@tor
tor
@atl
mem
orl
@cha

5-2 over that stretch seems reasonable if the frontcourt play continues. seriously, how impressive have kurt and nazr been? amazing.
I would expect to win every one of those games, but its tough to do that in the NBA. 5-2 is fair. Anything less is a dissapointment to me and I would like to 6-1. Tor beat the Spurs and the Hawks beat the Rockets and Mem is better than their record, but I think we are too, and they are all decent matchups for us. This will determine a lot. Whether we wallow around .500 or we can build a nice record. Good test coming up starting with a solid win over Cle.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/22/2004  1:02 PM
I think you guys are underestimating Toronto, Memphis and Orlando. All those teams are at least as good as the Knicks. The Orlando matchup is intriguing to say the least. Memphis VIVISECTED us last year in the Garden, it'd be nice to keep it close this time around, but I'm not so sure. Stro Swift is the kind of guy that gives Kurt FITS.

I'd be happy to go 4-3 over the next seven. 5-2 would be awesome. Anything better than that would be truly amazing.

Also, Charlotte is no cupcake, they're loaded inside. Though, I'd love to see how they intend to stop Jamal and Marbs.

[Edited by - crzymdups on 11/22/2004 13:03:48]
¿ △ ?
simrud
Member: #474
USA
11/22/2004  1:29 PM
We also destroyed Memphis early in the season, way before Marbury, back when FW was the starter. As for the Raptors, we are def. better. Carter doesnt even feel like playin for them anymore, Rose has been a loosing player for a long time now, and there PG is Alston. Not to mention there C's are Loren Woods and the early bust, Araujo (your boy arent playin to well there BRIGGS lol).
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
time for a kool-aid thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy