[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Who and What is a Knick?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/19/2004  10:43 AM
Crawford has been working hard, saying the right things, and playing his game. He's thanked Isiah for bringing him here. He know the stage he is in and I think he sincerly think he cares about representing NY basketball and winning a championship.

Last night he officailly became a Knick.

Marbs became a Knick the day he was born. He's been trying to do everything asked of him even though he knows he could average 25pts easy.

Nazr Mohammed has been our kicking toy for a while but dude has been really playing well the last 3 games and he actually produced and gave Yao Ming problems last night. Consistancy will make him a Knick.

Tim Thomas is famous for running his mouth yet has yet to back anything up on the court. He had his opportunity in pre-season to get revenge and he didn't do anything. He has been the worst starter in the league this year.....Timmy is on the Charles Smith list.

KT with his no offensive skill having, slow, non jump butt.....is the teams MVP. Dude finds a way....and thank God for his jumpshot cuz it's like a lay-up right now.

Thoughts.....

Who on the Knicks really represent what a Knick is to you?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
11/19/2004  10:53 AM
If you can run fast and jump high you too can be a NY Knick. Basketball skills like shooting, passing and playing simple defense is not required. Nor is a basketball IQ any higher than most Knicks fans.

Crawford hits a lucky shot and he officially becomes a Knick? Interesting. I'd think if he actually learned how to play under control and within the framework of a team offense and then got back on defense instead of complaining about calls he'd become a player worth calling a NY Knick.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/19/2004  11:06 AM
Trevor Ariza has taken the torch from John Starks as the crowd starter. When he makes a play above the rim the home town crowd gets amped.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
11/19/2004  11:16 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

Who on the Knicks really represent what a Knick is to you?

KT40, this guy brings it every night, he's consistent, he's our best low post defender and he knocks down that jumper with ease. He is slowly becoming one of my favorite Knicks, I was never really that high on KT until this year, I HOPE HE KEEPS THIS UP FOR 82 GAMES, I THINK HE WILL
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/19/2004  11:18 AM
personally I dont care about such labels... I guess there are guys that are "your kind of player"

In Islesfan's case anyone that Isiah brings in much have something wrong with him so he's blind to anything good our current roster can do. Crawford for example, despite still learning about good shot selection had 8 assists, 5 rebs and 2 steals but he's blind to such positives.

I like our young players. I like Ariza, Sweetney and Crawford for their demeanor and individual talents. I think Marbury has a ton to prove still and his defense is hot and cold but the guy can play and he's tough taking it to the rim.

I liked TT's play last year, but his mouth after the whole Nets/Collins thing really bugged me. I hate that crap.. guy should just know when to shut up. I dont hate him, and hope he gets his crap straightened out.

I dont really have a favorite player.. I'm just glad to see them with some young players and a future. I hope Isiah's trend can continue of drafting well and signing a young player with great potential.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NineMike2Whiskey
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #732
11/19/2004  11:24 AM
Posted by islesfan:

Crawford hits a lucky shot and he officially becomes a Knick? Interesting. I'd think if he actually learned how to play under control and within the framework of a team offense and then got back on defense instead of complaining about calls he'd become a player worth calling a NY Knick.

We've called Dudley a Knick, heck when Luc Longley came here ppl loved his effort and called him a Knick, so why cant a talented 2 guard that has shown nothing but enthusiasm and a positive attitude since day 1 with the Knicks be called a Knick?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/19/2004  1:34 PM
well i think we all agree Tim Thomas is not a Knick.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/19/2004  1:52 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

If you got some issue and overpaid, your a Knick.

I hope Marbs career ends a being lableled a winner, Sweets is an allstar, and ariza is the greatest 2nd round pick outside of Lampe!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/19/2004  3:01 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by EnySpree:

I hope Marbs career ends a being lableled a winner, Sweets is an allstar, and ariza is the greatest 2nd round pick outside of Lampe!
I wouldn't trade Ariza for Lampe
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
11/19/2004  3:03 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by EnySpree:

I wouldn't trade Ariza for Lampe

From what I saw last night neither would I.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
11/19/2004  3:14 PM
So far this season....

Lampe
PPG 3.5
RPG 2.3
APG .0
SPG .00
BPG .00
FG% .333
FT% 1.000
3P% .000
MPG 9.5

Ariza

PPG 7.3
RPG 3.9
APG 1.9
SPG 1.29
BPG .00
FG% .435
FT% .733
3P% .000
MPG 18.9

Who and What is a Knick?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy