[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Game Thread 1/24/22] Knicks vs Cavs 7:30PM
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/25/2023  12:22 AM
Cavs fans will no doubt bitch and moan and then blame Thibs who forced the Cavs coach to play Donovan too many minutes - 38 in total - in his first game back after injury

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
martin
USA
1/25/2023  12:31 AM
This is wild: CLE adds a star to their roster in Donovan and that team is only 3 games ahead of the Knicks.
CleaverGreene
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8756

1/25/2023  12:58 AM
martin wrote:LMAO

#Perspective

#Priorities

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
blkexec
Member: #748
1/25/2023  7:17 AM
martin wrote:
Chandler wrote:Refs swallowed the whistle on a lot of calls that could have gone knicks way. Glad to see they swallowed at the end.

Garland getting touch fouls called to his benefit was pretty maddening considering the way things were being otherwise called.

RJ didn't really touch Garland on the play right? I didn't see it fully.

Feels like the refs are trying to help the Knicks tank. But not tonight!

Yes he did. It was a continuation foul with the body. I still prefer the 90s where that’s not a foul. In 2023 it’s a foul.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/25/2023  7:55 AM
That was a fun game.

Randle wasnt exactly "4th quarter Randle" but he made some important buckets which is an improvement. The TOs were against taller, longer, defenders, and I think he just ran out of gas. Monster game though.

Obi needs to put on 10lbs or so. Would make it easier to fight for position in the paint, and power through contact.

Grimes feet are faster than his brain sometimes lol. Thats a good problem to have for someone that fast.

Hart has been playing lately like he is starting to understand his role. Was playing well on both ends of the court.

RJ was playing some hero ball tonite. I see better footwork, dribble, but he got a bit carried away there. A lot of his 2pts shots are from fall aways, when he isnt taking it to the rim. Might need to shoot more traditional 2pters, off the dribble.

Chandler
Member: #6197

1/25/2023  8:11 AM
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:
Chandler wrote:Refs swallowed the whistle on a lot of calls that could have gone knicks way. Glad to see they swallowed at the end.

Garland getting touch fouls called to his benefit was pretty maddening considering the way things were being otherwise called.

Yes he did. It was a continuation foul with the body. I still prefer the 90s where that’s not a foul. In 2023 it’s a foul.

The call was very suspect. I didn’t see any continuation w body. I thought they saw a hand on the hip. Same thing they called randle for. That said there were tons of plays w 10-100x more contact and no call

This is why I hate the nbas response to officiating complaints. First they only focus on the last 2 minutes. Why? All the buckets matter. Second and more important they never address the consistency issue. Every player and every coach stresses that’s the key issue. Be consistent so play can be adjusted. The calls are inconsistent among players (eg star treatment or some guys like ihart being called for foul based on reputation) and inconsistent over the course of the game

(5)(5)
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
1/25/2023  8:18 AM
Chandler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:

The call was very suspect. I didn’t see any continuation w body. I thought they saw a hand on the hip. Same thing they called randle for. That said there were tons of plays w 10-100x more contact and no call

This is why I hate the nbas response to officiating complaints. First they only focus on the last 2 minutes. Why? All the buckets matter. Second and more important they never address the consistency issue. Every player and every coach stresses that’s the key issue. Be consistent so play can be adjusted. The calls are inconsistent among players (eg star treatment or some guys like ihart being called for foul based on reputation) and inconsistent over the course of the game

Nah, it was def. a foul. Bad defense by RJ. He was following Garland instead of getting in front of him. Hit him with his body.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Chandler

1/25/2023  8:24 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
Chandler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:

Nah, it was def. a foul. Bad defense by RJ. He was following Garland instead of getting in front of him. Hit him with his body.

I was watching the league pass feed and replay and it seemed marginal (which breen and Clyde said as well IIRC) but regardless seemed inconsistent w tempo at the time.

(5)(5)
Chandler

1/25/2023  8:27 AM
Separate issue from reffing but last night reminded me of how much better randle could be if he had better elevation. He’s down low pump faking ad nauseum when I’m thinking just dunk it already. He gets a lot of shots blocked. Zach Randolph 2.0
(5)(5)
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
1/25/2023  9:06 AM
Good clutch win at home against a good team to stop this losing streak! Absolutely shocked they did not call a foul on Hartenstein, who was awesome all game, on Spida's last shot but then again, that was not a foul on RJ on the Garland And1 so it made up for it!

The defense was a lot better holding the Cavs to 103 points on 46% shooting! See what happens when you try to defend and not allow wide open threes and 130 points?

Another great game by Randle with 36/13 including a career high 8 clutch threes! Like him or not, he deserves to be an All-Star again! Quiet game by Brunson but had some timely shots in the third to bring us back down 8. Good bounce back game from Grimes too. Made some shots and held Spida to 24 points, which is great. Hartenstein had his best game of the season imo. Great defensive stops, a nice give and go pass to Deuce for a layup and a clutch put back dunk. Good to see him play well! Good to have IQ back! Obi's three and dunk to the start the fourth were huge! It just sucks Thibs cannot find more minutes for him. Enjoy him cause I really think he's getting traded soon.

Awful game by RJ! Almost cost us the game in the final minute! I like RJ and want him to succeed but I'm starting to lose patience! I can take bad shooting games but his lapses on defense at critical times is unacceptable! His effort on Garland's phantom And1 was embarrassing and he air balls a three! WAKE UP!!!

blkexec
Member: #748
1/25/2023  9:16 AM
Chandler wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
Chandler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:

I was watching the league pass feed and replay and it seemed marginal (which breen and Clyde said as well IIRC) but regardless seemed inconsistent w tempo at the time.

Very inconsistent. We all agree with that. Not sure how to solve it. But the refs and their calls are part of the game. Players have to adjust real time.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
SergioNYK
USA
1/25/2023  9:48 AM
martin wrote:This is wild: CLE adds a star to their roster in Donovan and that team is only 3 games ahead of the Knicks.

And they have a much better team around Spida then what we could ever build after trading away most of our assets.

BigRedDog
Member: #569
1/25/2023  10:07 AM
Chandler wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
Chandler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:

I recall Clyde saying after watching the replay that it was a foul and admonishing RJ for the foul, saying "you can't foul in that situation"

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Chandler

1/25/2023  10:23 AM
blkexec wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
Chandler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:

Very inconsistent. We all agree with that. Not sure how to solve it. But the refs and their calls are part of the game. Players have to adjust real time.

i do not know how the league internally assesses performance. I know externally it seems to be let's see if we can rationalize the call (regardless of consistency)

but it should involve consistency, and it should be part of their pay

you don't hear about it anymore (not sure if it happens in a non-public way) but teams used to have their video guys compile reels and send to the league office.

look at last night's scores around the leagues. A lot of games decided by two buckets or less. Refs can easily swing a game with a quick whistle here or there. Give a guy a third foul early in the 2d quarter and you essentially cut that guy's PT by 10 minutes. Bail out a bad shot with a foul call.

given how much the game generates league should be insisting on better performance.

(5)(5)
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/25/2023  10:42 AM
I’m just watching the game now although I did get home in time to catch the last 3 minutes yesterday. Two things - I can’t decide who has better hat, Sims or Allen. The refs started the game with a quick whistle and finished by letting them play. Combine that with now traveling is ok again and moving screens are now apparently permitted and it’s a total crap shot every night which team wins.
LivingLegend
Member: #1645

1/25/2023  11:09 AM
martin wrote:Cavs fans will no doubt bitch and moan and then blame Thibs who forced the Cavs coach to play Donovan too many minutes - 38 in total - in his first game back after injury

Can Donovan squeeze a few more excuses in there?

Maybe he felt need to take a dump as he started to lift off or he blew both knees out?

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/25/2023  11:34 AM
How did Mitchell not take any FTs? That is Knick like disrespect from the zebras.
cooch2584
Member: #1187

1/25/2023  11:52 AM
GET.SERGE.
SergioNYK
USA
1/25/2023  12:02 PM
I know Spida is having a career season, will make the All-Star team and scored 71 points in a game this season but I still do not reject not trading 3 unprotected picks for him.
martin
USA
1/25/2023  12:08 PM
SergioNYK wrote:
martin wrote:This is wild: CLE adds a star to their roster in Donovan and that team is only 3 games ahead of the Knicks.

And they have a much better team around Spida then what we could ever build after trading away most of our assets.

You have a lot of Knicks PSD to work out

[Game Thread 1/24/22] Knicks vs Cavs 7:30PM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy