[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Game Thread 1/22/23] Knicks @ Raptors 6PM
Author Thread
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
1/22/2023  8:21 PM
Watching sports this weekend was a terrible ****ing idea.
AUTOADVERT
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

1/22/2023  8:22 PM
I don’t know if we win a game before ASG
Philc1

1/22/2023  8:25 PM
Starting Grimes and sending Cam to the phantom zone has already peaked. We literally cannot win a game right now

And it’s not like they both can’t be in the rotation together

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/22/2023  8:27 PM
Philc1 wrote:Starting Grimes and sending Cam to the phantom zone has already peaked. We literally cannot win a game right now

IQ has shown he can play the 2 well. Im still hoping he can switch roles with Grimes, for a stretch anyway.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/22/2023  8:31 PM

we're most likely headed to lottery. y'all be in the playoffs or at worst case, play-in territory.

y'all need to acquire some talent using rose's expiring tho.

good luck the rest of the season! but if these 3 wins cost us scoot or wemby, then i hope you burn in hell!

cooch2584
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1187

1/22/2023  9:13 PM
didnt wanna start another post but should we get Serge??
Kemet
Member: #6148

1/22/2023  9:19 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Obi is starting to hit. That's a positive.

Toppin's 12 pts 1 rb 1 ast, in 7 minutes of the first half, did not play in the 3rd quarter, but played 4 min in the 4th quarter to have a 5-7 FG (4-5 3's) for 14 pts in 11 minutes.

My luv for Brunson has dropped tremendously .. Brunson don't push the ball, don't throw lob passes to bigmen, nor backdoor passes, nor has Brunson showed any team-leadership.
Brunson is a ball-stopper, and a shoot first PG.
Now, I wish we had Haliburton.
The 2nd season Scotty Barnes knows how to beat Randle & Brunson .. SAD!

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/22/2023  9:21 PM
Philc1 wrote:When does baseball start?

Pitchers and catchers in 3 weeks.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/22/2023  9:32 PM
Unit 2 start of q4
Kind of blew it
RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/22/2023  9:57 PM
Kemet wrote:

Toppin's 12 pts 1 rb 1 ast, in 7 minutes of the first half, did not play in the 3rd quarter, but played 4 min in the 4th quarter to have a 5-7 FG (4-5 3's) for 14 pts in 11 minutes.

My luv for Brunson has dropped tremendously .. Brunson don't push the ball, don't throw lob passes to bigmen, nor backdoor passes, nor has Brunson showed any team-leadership.

Losing interest in Brunson is insane. He’s been unbelievable.

Kemet
Member: #6148

1/22/2023  10:05 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Kemet wrote:

All I'm saying, "At the end of the day .. Brunson is not a playmaker nor a team-player, and Tom Thibs are NOT coaching to win games.".
We are headed toward a double digit losing streak!

GustavBahler

1/22/2023  10:25 PM
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/22/2023  10:25 PM
Kemet wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Kemet wrote:

All I'm saying, "At the end of the day .. Brunson is not a playmaker nor a team-player, and Tom Thibs are NOT coaching to win games.".
We are headed toward a double digit losing streak!

It’s so easy to get down after a few losses. It’s important not to overreact in either direction.

gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

1/22/2023  11:37 PM
Not really sure why Brunson is getting blamed. Mitchell Robinson is really good and you can see that just as Capela was able to feast on the offensive boards, Toronto was able to play zone and swarm the ball without fear of a job. Say what you will about Sims, he's no Robinson. Knicks were hoping Hartenstein could step in but it looks like he's just not that good. Knicks need to execute a trade if they want to make the playoffs.
blkexec
Member: #748
1/23/2023  5:59 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Games like this makes me concerned about the playoffs (if we make it) teams with worse records than us looked more stacked, and have been outplaying us into the all star break.

That’s been my concern for a while. If we even make the playoffs, are their any benefits for the players if we get a 1st round exit? Does the Risk out weigh the Reward?

Strategy: Trying to make the playin / playoffs
Risk - we miss out on wemba and other top draft targets.
Reward - playoff experience for the yoots(IQ, Grimes, Obi, deuce).

I think the risk of missing out on a top player is huge. There’s no savior in free agency. So you have to turn to the draft, and hope we land a potential star long term and a reliable player off the bench short term.

But thibs doesn’t tank. And the FO (according to Leon) let’s thibs coach. That means we not tanking and Thibs will try to win every game. So the risk is we do exactly what we did last season and seasons in the past. 1st round exit or just miss the playin. Fans will complain that we should’ve tanked. Even though historically thibs doesn’t tank. It’s a broken record.

But I’m going to stay optimistic and hope this journey towards the playoffs is a learning lesson for everybody. And we take that confidence into the next season.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/23/2023  6:12 AM
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Games like this makes me concerned about the playoffs (if we make it) teams with worse records than us looked more stacked, and have been outplaying us into the all star break.

That’s been my concern for a while. If we even make the playoffs, are their any benefits for the players if we get a 1st round exit? Does the Risk out weigh the Reward?

I think the risk of missing out on a top player is huge. There’s no savior in free agency. So you have to turn to the draft, and hope we land a potential star long term and a reliable player off the bench short term.

But thibs doesn’t tank. And the FO (according to Leon) let’s thibs coach. That means we not tanking and Thibs will try to win every game. So the risk is we do exactly what we did last season and seasons in the past. 1st round exit or just miss the playin. Fans will complain that we should’ve tanked. Even though historically thibs doesn’t tank. It’s a broken record.

But I’m going to stay optimistic and hope this journey towards the playoffs is a learning lesson for everybody. And we take that confidence into the next season.

In another thread, Martin said he thought we were bottom third of the league as far as talent. If that is the case, playoffs really don’t matter- who cares if these guys like IQ, Grimes, RJ get play off experience, they suck and should be off the team sooner than later.

I thought we were one piece away from being able to make noise. And maybe we are. But these past few games against teams that we are competing with- Toronto, Washington, Atlanta- has been disheartening.

We beat some good teams earlier in the year. But I’m not sure we were as good as those victories indicated.

I’m back to I want Mike Miller as our coach.

But, I can hope when the lottery is run, we land #1!

GustavBahler

1/23/2023  6:23 AM
franco12 wrote:
blkexec wrote:

In another thread, Martin said he thought we were bottom third of the league as far as talent. If that is the case, playoffs really don’t matter- who cares if these guys like IQ, Grimes, RJ get play off experience, they suck and should be off the team sooner than later.

I thought we were one piece away from being able to make noise. And maybe we are. But these past few games against teams that we are competing with- Toronto, Washington, Atlanta- has been disheartening.

We beat some good teams earlier in the year. But I’m not sure we were as good as those victories indicated.

I’m back to I want Mike Miller as our coach.

But, I can hope when the lottery is run, we land #1!

I would love to see Wembanyana or Henderson in a Knick uniform, but the odds of that happening are so remote, that culture building, winning games are more important to me. As blkexec said, Thibs will never tank while he has a chance to make the playoffs, and Im OK with that. Thats culture building to me.

Where I differ with Thibs as a fan is how he does it at times. A high seed would be great, but a team that isnt limping into the playoffs is more valuable than home court advantage IMO. Havent been that great at home anyway.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/23/2023  7:36 AM
FVV should hire the Knicks as his agent for his upcoming free agency, they are doing wonders for him.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Philc1

1/23/2023  7:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/23/2023  7:56 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Philc1 wrote:Starting Grimes and sending Cam to the phantom zone has already peaked. We literally cannot win a game right now

IQ has shown he can play the 2 well. Im still hoping he can switch roles with Grimes, for a stretch anyway.

The hart experiment has to end. Have Obi either start at C or be the backup C while Mitch is out. Hart cannot make a shot ever and is too slow on defense. Leave Fournier on the bench he’s a sunk cost. Stick Cam back in the rotation to backup both forward positions

I don’t know what interpersonal issue exists between Thibs and Reddish but Thibs needs to realize he will be fired next summer if we don’t at least make the play in and this season is turning into a plane crash

Philc1

1/23/2023  7:55 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
Philc1 wrote:When does baseball start?

Pitchers and catchers in 3 weeks.

And the Yankees insist on having Kyle “Can’t hit a beach ball” Higashioka as their full time Catcher with Sanchez available

[Game Thread 1/22/23] Knicks @ Raptors 6PM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy