[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Are the Rockets better after trade or has jeff maxed out.
Author Thread
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
11/19/2004  5:37 PM
Playa I agree with you 100%. VG has a system that he insists on playing no matter who the personal is. Thats the difference between him and great coaches. Riley played differently with showtime vs. the knicks. They adapt to the personal. Van gundy never wanted to give camby a chance once he was traded to the knicks and only was forced to once they got too many injuries and he had to play. He sat camby out vs. miami and said the matchups didn't warrant playing him. How about letting your players force the other team to make adjustments? Just how well francis is playing this year shows he could be a lethal weapon with Ming . VG is just as happy letting ward or brunson run his offense vs. francis. He is a fool in that regard. And Barkley wasn't 2nd guessing. He stated just that you can't let a team get an open 3 pointer when you're leading by 2. He is right and it was bad coahing by VG.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
AUTOADVERT
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
11/19/2004  8:16 PM
Just want to point out something, after we got Marbury, Barkley said we we're the third or fourth best team in the East. Now all of a sudden, we suck? The guy makes me laugh, but he is a bandwagoner. He knew how to play the game, but his scouting of talent is questionable.

[Edited by - s3231 on 11/19/2004 20:16:45]
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/19/2004  11:15 PM
Posted by TheloniusMonk:

I can apprieciate what a lot of people are saying in this threat but here's the reality: Playa is going to every now and then create a thread that seems logical at first but then it's just going to turn into a bash VanGundy fest on his part. It takes a certain kind of person to have a vendetta against a coach who is long gone and has already moved on to other things as we have. He was the Knicks' coach 3 coaches ago for God's sake get over it! The guy coaches a team we will face 2 times a year. We went to Houston and we beat them. Case closed damn. Who cares about who's fault it is in Houston? I'm not a Rockets fan neither is most people on this board. So unless one is a big time TMac or Yao fan....who cares? I couldn't give a damn if Houston wins all 82 games or loses all 82 games. As long as we beat them!

If u want to talk about a coach talk about Don Nelson (who was our coach 4 coaches ago). WE'RE PLAYING DALLAS TONIGHT. The Rockets game is over now...talk about JVG when they come to the Garden.

Monk you're blind but that's alright keep wearing ya glasses.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
11/20/2004  4:10 PM
Posted by playa2:

#1 Lue is the true pg on their roster who can play uptempo, not Ward but that is who VG starts.

#2 Nachbar is their 3 pt shooter along with J.Jackson at this time Nachbar is shooting 61% from behind the arc and has made 8 so far, Jackson has made 18 and shooting 38%.

#3Rebounding is their main problem, Yao gets 8.2 a game tops for them.

Don't blame their roster now , they had 2 guys who could slash to the basket in Mobley and Francis and someone to get boards in cato along with ming.

They had to make a change for gundy's sake case closed.

Tyronn Lue is undersized and his ability to run an offense is suspect at best - that's why he doesn't start. Get real, the fool couldn't find an open man with a magnifying glass and a homing device. Unnecessary dribbling and wasting possession time don't make you a true pg.

Francis Mobley and accompanying crap were traded for Mcgrady, a scoring champion who is just as difficult to monitor as Francis. How in the world does that help Van Gundy. Not to mention the fact that Mcgrady is a better offensive player and defensive player than Francis.

Nachbar and Jim Jackson, Mcgrady, Ward and Sura can all shoot from downtown - this team is built for a half-court set. You want the Rockets to build their team around the talents of Lue? Thats like selling your house for a dirty outhouse without toilet paper. Its gonna be a mess.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/20/2004  5:41 PM
Posted by s3231:

Just want to point out something, after we got Marbury, Barkley said we we're the third or fourth best team in the East. Now all of a sudden, we suck? The guy makes me laugh, but he is a bandwagoner. He knew how to play the game, but his scouting of talent is questionable.
Well put. He is a bandwagoner and once the Knicks schedule is easier and the team does better, he'll be more positive about the team
Are the Rockets better after trade or has jeff maxed out.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy