[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ALL BALL Official Thread: Knicks @ Mavs 11/19
Author Thread
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
11/19/2004  11:26 PM
Ben Wallace lost it, then all the fans did. He's the one who really started it. The fans didn't throw any beers until after Wallace threw that towel...
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/19/2004  11:28 PM
Guys....Fight discussion belongs in the the other thread.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/20/2004  12:16 AM
Man, how can you be angry with this Knicks team? So far this season they have played great considering how many thought we didn't even had a chance. A tough way to start the season, we are 2 games below .500 but you can't hate this team. The Celtics game was an aberration and that wasn't NY so I don't care about it. The Spurs game was tough because we hung in there but you know how it ended. Still, we fought! And the rest of the games? No matter if it is a bad team or a powerhouse, NY has fought hard, been in games, won some good games. I remember last seasons when I would look at the scoreboard and get so angry that most of the times NY just melted against tough teams. This season we have lost some games to very good teams but we have been there. Im gonna keep believing that this is a very special team and that anything can happen with it. We have some holes, like most teams, but we are good. Many of you love to declaer us out even before trying, and you fail to see that with this team anything can happen. I love that fact. Say what you want, this team will prove you wrong and surprise you. I like this team.

GO NY KNICKS!!!
Knicks_Fan
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
11/20/2004  12:17 AM
Posted by Andrew:

Steph had a player flying at him....TT was open. TT just didn't hit it. What better way to get a guy out of a slump than hitting the game winner.
yea i agree, TT had a much better shot than Marbury, Howard was flying at him, we played our hearts out tonight but we just came up a little short, its a heartbreaking loss but it would have been much harder to swallow if we lost last night to the Rockets. Anyway we come home 3-5, not that bad considering the teams we just played, Sunday night is gonna be a tough game, we all remember what happened last year against the Cavs, we got swept 4-0. They present a tough matchup for us, big Z killed us last year. I hope we contain him Sunday.
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

11/20/2004  12:41 AM
Posted by NYK3:
Posted by Andrew:

Steph had a player flying at him....TT was open. TT just didn't hit it. What better way to get a guy out of a slump than hitting the game winner.
yea i agree, TT had a much better shot than Marbury, Howard was flying at him, we played our hearts out tonight but we just came up a little short, its a heartbreaking loss but it would have been much harder to swallow if we lost last night to the Rockets. Anyway we come home 3-5, not that bad considering the teams we just played, Sunday night is gonna be a tough game, we all remember what happened last year against the Cavs, we got swept 4-0. They present a tough matchup for us, big Z killed us last year. I hope we contain him Sunday.

marbury wit a palyer runnin at him has a better shot than an open TT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/20/2004  1:21 AM
last play with 1.1 they havent tried this play all year never mind with 1.1 when it couldve worked.

set the play up to look like a KT jumper from the right baseline have Marbury and KT set up on a pick situation right in front of the right baseline. Move Crawford out behind the 3 with Ariza on the opposite backside wing. Ball in--while everyone is concentrating on KT Marb abd craw--Ariza bee lines from the wing directly to the basket for an alley oop. It was wide open, go watch the replay that last play was DUMB.

i dont want to btch other than to say in the first half we had it going with sweetney inside and he was pulled to quick.

we have to somehow potect our basket, it seems as if every team lives on layups. we have good chemistry and the guys play hard--there are some good offensive players, you know you can root for this team, i guess thats all you can ask for after the last few years when i was happier when they lost.

still we need more juice to get up to the next level. Its not likely a big guy--i dont think we will get 1 until next year--but i think that when H2) comes back we should g to a three G offense during the game. we have to live with TT and while he did rebound the ball--his player was consistently driving for layups--josh howard and the shooting is just brutal why cant this guy make some shots????
RIP Crushalot😞
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
11/20/2004  10:51 AM
Tim shooting that 3 pointer didn't piss me off. It was a great look and Tim often makes that shot. Yes, he is struggling but he is still a very good perimiter shooter so Stephon should not be blamed for getting Tim a great look. The thing that pissed me off was the inbound at the end of the game. I thought Ariza definitely should have been in there for Tim to either inbound the ball (since he is a smarter passer than Tim) or to have him on the floor to go up for an alley-oop as Briggs mentioned. Only down by two, yet, we take a 30 ft three pointer going away from the basket? That was pathetic, it was like we gave up at the last play of the game. I blame Lenny and Tim for that play, it just shouldn't have happened.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/20/2004  11:13 AM
we have to somehow potect our basket, it seems as if every team lives on layups. we have good chemistry and the guys play hard--there are some good offensive players, you know you can root for this team, i guess thats all you can ask for after the last few years when i was happier when they lost.
Briggs man you hit it on the head. Thats why winning 45 games in a weak division such a travesty. Your doing it with some good young players and you have to feel like next offseason some more will be added. Its not a rebuild in the sense of tearing it down, but this is a new roster and there are some nice young kids here.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/20/2004  11:18 AM
Posted by s3231:

Tim shooting that 3 pointer didn't piss me off. It was a great look and Tim often makes that shot. Yes, he is struggling but he is still a very good perimiter shooter so Stephon should not be blamed for getting Tim a great look. The thing that pissed me off was the inbound at the end of the game. I thought Ariza definitely should have been in there for Tim to either inbound the ball (since he is a smarter passer than Tim) or to have him on the floor to go up for an alley-oop as Briggs mentioned. Only down by two, yet, we take a 30 ft three pointer going away from the basket? That was pathetic, it was like we gave up at the last play of the game. I blame Lenny and Tim for that play, it just shouldn't have happened.

Exactly. Plus was Nazr even in the game? I couldn't find him. Last year he and Steph worked alley-oops off inbounds, especially at the ends of games.
s3231
USA
11/20/2004  11:27 AM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by s3231:

Exactly. Plus was Nazr even in the game? I couldn't find him. Last year he and Steph worked alley-oops off inbounds, especially at the ends of games.

I was wondering that also. I have the game taped so I'll check it out to see if he was in there at the end.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
s3231
USA
11/20/2004  5:43 PM
Just saw the last play of the game again, Nazr Mohammed oddly enough was not in the game at that time. Ariza was in the game though but he wasn't even going towards the basket.
ALL BALL Official Thread: Knicks @ Mavs 11/19

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy