[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Shot hides most important fact: The Knicks are not a good team
Author Thread
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
11/19/2004  9:57 AM
All world players let be realistic....McGrady doesn't play any defense, and is one of the better offensive players in the game, and Yao is still finding his game, but since there are no centers in the league, he would be the second best...

Lets not give Houston too much credit they keep the score low because of their tempo. Van Gundy is a good coach he isn't a stud lets get that out in the open right now.

Steve Francis's game was absolutley killed last year because Van Gundy tried to slow, Francis, Cato, and Mobley down. He tried the same thing with the Knicks.

Ohh in 99 he coaching job was sub par at best with one of the most talented teams in the NBA, they barely made the playoffs, barely won the first round, and he refused to play Camby, until Ewing went down, he gave them limited time.

Spree, houston, LJ, Thomas, Ewing, Ward, Camby, Childs, Dudley that team was awesome but he wanted to slow them down even though half the team could run.....

Jeff is a hard worker, that implements only one style and it can be effective but he doesn't get close to a stud.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/19/2004  10:00 AM
Crawford came from a terrible team that couldnt score... lets give him a little time to learn. On a side note despite some suspect shots he had 8 assists and 5 rebs. You get that from the 2 guard spot and you are in VERY good shape.

I thought we played hard on D, just not very good. One thing I am learning to like about Nazr is despite is flaws he plays hard and always hustles. He scrambles to get back on defense and gets god garbage points because he trail on fast breaks. A lot of bigs would just watch, but he runs and looks for good garbage opportunites.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/19/2004  10:02 AM
knicks played hard for 48 minutes,rockets let up and got burned for it. when you play hard the whole game, i would say 85% of the time you will be right there at the end. i dont think it was a lucky shot at all. i bet jamal can hit that shot wide open 50%+ in practice. it was a good play and rockets played bAD D on that last possession and were careless with the ball in the last 2 minutes. They deserved to lose.
RIP Crushalot😞
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/19/2004  10:03 AM
it's pretty obvious that they like it better when they can complain about their "favorite" team and "their" team struggles. unreal. it definitely is a different way to think. instead of enjoying the moment, they already forget what just happened and are back to griping. it's a psychological thing. i just hope it doesn't apply to the other facets of their lives.

hey fellas, sometimes it's ok to be happy and you know, CHEER FOR YOUR TEAM otherwise go root for detroit and then root for the 2005 champs, and then the 2006 champs, etc.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
11/19/2004  10:08 AM
You guys can fairly accuse some posters of not being happy enough about the win but some of you are suffering from "irrational exuberance".Its a great win but lets not paper over the fact that this team still has to address some weaknesses and discussing them doesnt necessarily make you islesfan
djsunyc
11/19/2004  10:10 AM
Posted by MS:

All world players let be realistic....McGrady doesn't play any defense, and is one of the better offensive players in the game, and Yao is still finding his game, but since there are no centers in the league, he would be the second best...

Lets not give Houston too much credit they keep the score low because of their tempo. Van Gundy is a good coach he isn't a stud lets get that out in the open right now.

Steve Francis's game was absolutley killed last year because Van Gundy tried to slow, Francis, Cato, and Mobley down. He tried the same thing with the Knicks.

Ohh in 99 he coaching job was sub par at best with one of the most talented teams in the NBA, they barely made the playoffs, barely won the first round, and he refused to play Camby, until Ewing went down, he gave them limited time.

Spree, houston, LJ, Thomas, Ewing, Ward, Camby, Childs, Dudley that team was awesome but he wanted to slow them down even though half the team could run.....

Jeff is a hard worker, that implements only one style and it can be effective but he doesn't get close to a stud.

trying to say tmac is not an all world player is crazy. come on bro, that doesn't help your argument.

secondly, i disagree about van gundy's coaching job in 99. he just lost his starting PF and had to incorporate 2 new players into his system. if you remember, it was a strike season so it was like 1/2 a season and they just started to gel right when the playoffs started. so it wasn't a bad coaching job, it just wasn't enough time in the regular season.
djsunyc
11/19/2004  10:14 AM
Posted by Kwazimodal:

You guys can fairly accuse some posters of not being happy enough about the win but some of you are suffering from "irrational exuberance".Its a great win but lets not paper over the fact that this team still has to address some weaknesses and discussing them doesnt necessarily make you islesfan

i don't think anybody is suffering from "irrational exuberance". we ALL know this team is flawed. our frontcourt is weak and we can't play D but we also know that this is a work in progress and it takes time for everything to settle down. that's what the criticizers are not acknowledging. they already think this team is going nowhere, the players are bad, and don't like the GM's moves. those that are "suffering" right now at least know that we need a couple of years to really assess the situation.

but i'll stop this argument from my end now, this is the same argument over and over and over again.

back to the matter at hand..

THE KNICKS ARE AWESOME AND WILL WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! :)
MS
Member: #724
11/19/2004  10:17 AM
All world players don't let what happened in Orlando last year go on. He is a selfish jump shooter that plays no defense. He is one of the best players in the game without question, but his game has holes in it, and he needs to mature as a player, and mind you it was in the East.

And Van Gundy lost Oak and gained Thomas and Camby, so come on. He was down on Camby all season didn't really like him, missed Oakly, he has a habit of being to loyal to people almost to a fault. IE ward, Mo williams would have been a better fit, but he opted for a pg that would run his offense, granted there wasn't much out there, but he is not a stud coach. He is a good coach
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
11/19/2004  10:18 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Kwazimodal:

i don't think anybody is suffering from "irrational exuberance". we ALL know this team is flawed. our frontcourt is weak and we can't play D but we also know that this is a work in progress and it takes time for everything to settle down. that's what the criticizers are not acknowledging. they already think this team is going nowhere, the players are bad, and don't like the GM's moves. those that are "suffering" right now at least know that we need a couple of years to really assess the situation.

but i'll stop this argument from my end now, this is the same argument over and over and over again.

back to the matter at hand..

THE KNICKS ARE AWESOME AND WILL WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! :)

Just one championship? Man,stop being so down on the team.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/19/2004  10:52 AM
My condolences to Islesfan since the team he was rooting for suffered a heart breaking loss last night on a buzzer beater by Jamal
simrud
Member: #474
USA
11/19/2004  11:21 AM
Look man, I never restrain from callin this team for what it is, I still don't think Marbury is a franchise player, but that was a great win.

We played hard, albeit dumb for the entire game. We got luck in the end. But this is something they can build uopn. Marbury is finally becoming a real PG. It's hurting his scoring, and maybe hurting the team in the short run. But once they actually get good scorers around Marbury, or better yet, on the same level as him, at least one other "superstar", this will pay of.

Young guys are looking good, Ariza is just amazing. Sweetney needs to be utilized more in the post. He had some great moves and passed well out of the double tea.

Mohammed is actually lookin like what he is supposed to be, a guy who can dunk and rebound. While somewhat improving on D.

Craw is lookin good when he is not takin terrible J's. He is takin less and less of them every game so he is lerning.

This team is gettin younger and younger, they will have a ton of dumb plays, that is what we asked for all along, so now we should be patient and accept this team for what it is. Rebuilding on the fly while being strangled by the cap situation. Do I think this is the best way to rebuild? I don't know ohnestly, only time will tell.

But to call out this team after a gutsy win on the road against a team that WILL make the playoffs its just not fare. Nuggets are not makint he playoffs, they are terrible this year. Grizz prolly have a chanc of not makin it there, too. So do the lakers. Rockets are better then both of those. And thats just of the top of my head. Kings are lookin bad right now.

P.S.
Tim Thomas is turning into a Shanderson w/out defense who takes 15 shots a game. Scarry.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
NineMike2Whiskey
Member: #732
11/19/2004  11:29 AM
Marbury made some very smart decisions (aside from blowing possession away at the 1 minute mark) in the 4th attacked the basket when found a hot KT often.

If this continues sending him to the Olympics looks to have paid off.
Clean
Member: #743
11/19/2004  11:52 AM
Everyone likes to talk about Jamals shot selection. What they don't seem to take into account is what situations he gets the ball. Right now on the starting lineup Jamal is playing the role Allan Houston was born to play. He gets the ball at the end of the shot clock or after a drive to the hoop and pass out. If you know anything about basketball you know these shots are closer to the threepoint line then the hoop. Lenny should call up some curl cuts for him to get him shots closer to the hoop. Until then he is playing the role of a pure shooter but he is only a streaky shooter. Don't get me wrong some shots are bad but not to the extent some are saying.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/19/2004  11:57 AM
the thing w/ Jamal is you want to see him attack the basket more. He's gifted ball handler and his crossover is sick. Jamal has a great night last night, he was simply awesome. I'm not a big stat guy (except for Ws and Ls) but he had8 assists, 5 rebs, 2 steals and ZERO TOs. This from a 2 guard who's main job is to score (5-11 from 3, not too shabby)
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
trueknicksfan
Member: #646
11/19/2004  12:20 PM
all i have to say is the knicks played well in the 2nd half did u see how many turnovers they pulled? omg their defense stepped up a lot...
they deserved to win that game how they were playing at the end and they managed to pull it off...great game mohammed has been stepping up these last few ... marbury just had a bad day shot wise... how can u say that 18 points and 10 assists is bad? I mean he did get to the free throw line....thats playing smart! kurt has also really pushed it rebound wise
and also his offensive game. I think the only player struggling a little is tim thomas
Shot hides most important fact: The Knicks are not a good team

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy