[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Houston Post Game Happiness
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/19/2004  8:42 AM
Dang, reading through the game thread I see a LOT of people saying that they didn't think the Knicks played well....

I am not in that bunch. They didn't play a perfect game, but it was a HUGE improvement over their other games. HUGE. I REALLY liked watching this game. The Knicks have actually improved from game 1 until this one.

- Team D showed up.

- Pick and roll to death (going to a strength).

- Nazr showing us he deseves to play extended minutes (no really stupid fouls).

- Craw not jacking it up too much.

- Minutes to the young guys.

- Marbury played under control.

- Rotating D.

- Weak side D.

- No TT. Really, that's a coaching good call.

- Pulling Sweets when he didn't really do anything.

- Not letting Moochie get too much.

- No Vin.

- Rebounding by lots of players.

- Keeping with the hot hand (Kurt).

- 2 REALLY GOOD late game timeout plays (Pick and slip by Kurt with 1:30 to go, and the Craw shot).

- Did you see Marbury asking if the Knicks should foul with 26 seconds to go? He did it twice. WOW.

WOW. I am PUMPED. This is a sure-fire milestone in my book.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
deebo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #740
11/19/2004  9:06 AM
I agree with you martin. especially with the two plays called late in the 4th. Just the last two minutes alone was great. That's the key to winning is closing out games. I read that Yao said that Crawford made a lucky shot. He must've been covering up for his absence in the 4th quarter. Also, another thing that you didn't note that I think was key. Penny had a great game as well. KT played awesome, but I think Penny was the X factor. I think he should start because he brings so much control to the game when he's on the floor.
Don''t sleep!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/19/2004  9:23 AM
The Rockets are a good team. Any team with Yao and T-Mac and good role players is a good team. They're below .500 because they're in the west and they've had to play a few games without T-Mac. In the east with T-Mac healthy, they'd probably be 6-4 instead of 4-6 and everyone would be talking about what a nice future they have with Yao and T-Mac. You take any win you can get on the road against good teams.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/19/2004  9:34 AM
its weird... I thought they played hard, but not well. In Indy I thought they played well (32 first qtr points) but not hard.

There is a good lesson here, and I'm VERY happy they won. If you play hard every night you can still win even if you dont play well. Knick made a lot of mistakes but didnt seem to lose their fight and it payed off. They played good D down the stretch and gave themselves a shot to win. Penny and KT stepped up with big buckets.

Some guys will cry around here about Wilkins, Isiah or make some exuses but we won a road game against a team with great players, and we did it with our 19,22 and 24 year olds playing major roles in crunch time.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/19/2004  9:44 AM
i don't know if this was mentioned yet but GUTSY call by wilkens not fouling at the end. there was only a 2 second differential and he made a HUGE gamble that paid off.

i thought they really locked down when they needed to in the 4th. definitely the best 4th quarter they played all season. that pick and roll was worked to perfection last night.

they still played mediocre defense throughout the game but this was an impressive win, regardless of what anybody says.

i can't remember seeing a player struggle this much for so many games to start the season. the bad thing with tim is that i was watching him just loaf around the perimeter and when a shot went up, he didn't even make 1 step to crash the boards. it was pretty disheartening but at least you know lenny doesn't put up with that and if he continues, ariza should be getting 25-30 mins in no time.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/19/2004  10:04 AM
Posted by fishmike:

its weird... I thought they played hard, but not well. In Indy I thought they played well (32 first qtr points) but not hard.

There is a good lesson here, and I'm VERY happy they won. If you play hard every night you can still win even if you dont play well. Knick made a lot of mistakes but didnt seem to lose their fight and it payed off. They played good D down the stretch and gave themselves a shot to win.

I think you nailed it here. Playing hard is the first step for a young team. The playing well part will come with time.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/19/2004  10:20 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

i don't know if this was mentioned yet but GUTSY call by wilkens not fouling at the end. there was only a 2 second differential and he made a HUGE gamble that paid off.

i thought they really locked down when they needed to in the 4th. definitely the best 4th quarter they played all season. that pick and roll was worked to perfection last night.

they still played mediocre defense throughout the game but this was an impressive win, regardless of what anybody says.

i can't remember seeing a player struggle this much for so many games to start the season. the bad thing with tim is that i was watching him just loaf around the perimeter and when a shot went up, he didn't even make 1 step to crash the boards. it was pretty disheartening but at least you know lenny doesn't put up with that and if he continues, ariza should be getting 25-30 mins in no time.
Yeah, it was brilliant, gutsy call by Wilkens. He had confidence in the team's ability to lock down on defense and the confidence payed off.
Houston Post Game Happiness

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy