[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Game Thread] Knicks vs Hawks 7:30PM
Author Thread
Jimbo5
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8854

12/8/2022  12:27 AM
Im glad i was wrong. It might seems like Thibs may have finally found his rotation. Maybe we have seen the last of Cam in a knick uniform with repirts both the FO and reps are looking for a trade for him. I hope he gets to land somewhere he can thrive. I think the FO will continue to right their past mistakes by trading Fournier and maybe unloading a center. Although not on the trading block at the moment, Lavin might be a potential trade deadline target. Most likely IQ and Obi will be part of any trade. The voodoo spell that Randle brought from New Orleans still hasn't worn off making him virtually untouchable! Would really want Obi to stay instead of Randle in any star move. I want him to have a fair chance to shine as a knick.

I hope this rotation can finally implement the defensive scheme thibs want to show any stars that the knicks has potential.

AUTOADVERT
Kemet
Member: #6148

12/8/2022  12:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/8/2022  12:38 AM
Clean wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Clean wrote:

These games looked different from each other. Cavs looked like they were just missing open shots. ATL looked like they had hands in their face no matter where they looked. Both were wins, but the ATL win “felt” better.

I totally agree with your assessment.

In the Cavs game I wanted to see Mitchell & Garland backcourt chemistry after 20 something games.
Tonight (No Collins and no Murray) I was hoping to see the Murray & Trae show again, plus Collins out-performing Randle every game since the playoff .. I wanted to see that matchup.
BIG PROPS to Grimes dynamic performance 23 pts, 4 rbd, 2 ast, 2 blocks !!!

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

12/8/2022  12:56 AM
Fun watching 3 guards Grimes/Duece/IQ really defending with effort.

Mitch great on offensive boards- Randle SUPER.

Brunson meh and RJ (holy mackerel) he looks washed at 22. His D is BRUTAL — his offensive game looks like he is carrying a piano on his back…..curious case of RJ Button

Clean
Member: #743
12/8/2022  4:13 AM
LivingLegend wrote:Fun watching 3 guards Grimes/Duece/IQ really defending with effort.

Brunson meh and RJ (holy mackerel) he looks washed at 22. His D is BRUTAL — his offensive game looks like he is carrying a piano on his back…..curious case of RJ Button

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/8/2022  6:39 AM
I saw a win at home vs. a team we supppose to beat given their roster deletions.
We a game under .500.
I read the miserable fan still a miserable fan no matter what.
Yes, there was joy in Randle last night.
Grimes was all we hoped he’d be.
Mitch outplayed Capella, the guy he is compared to.
Trae embroidered shoes were not a thing.
Mrs. Nalod knows nothing about Trae young. See him on tv “is that guy any good? He looks like a redneck car thief”.
Yes honey, he is good. Annoying, but good.
We all prefer to see a good game with both teams at their best. Over the long season we’ll lose games we should win, and win games we might lose, but it will be what it is.
We now just a game under .500. Wins with Brunson and RJ not having great games.
EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
12/8/2022  6:43 AM
martin wrote:Julius had his joy going on tonight, so fun to watch

He was a positive force in all its meanings.

This is the Randle.
Philc1
Member: #8897

12/8/2022  7:07 AM
wargames wrote:
Clean wrote:
Rookie wrote:Wow Cam can’t even get garbage time minutes. We are definitely trying to trade him

Cam was never going to be with us long term. He wants money we will never give him. So no use playing this out longer than it has to be played.

I don’t think that is the case at all, but they better get something for him.

Once again Leon works for Thibs so who cares

Maybe use Cam as bait to unload EF contract

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/8/2022  8:05 AM
Kemet wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:Why is Randle shooting the technical with Brunson on the floor? Doesn't make sense. SELFISH

A Stats player

Why didn't Dee shoot the tech?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

12/8/2022  8:07 AM

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/8/2022  8:22 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

that's wild...

amazing show of depth last night. Obviously Atl was missing a lot of guys but in the past Trae/Capella have murdered us and we clamped his ugly ass down.

Love that Brunson/RJ had **** games and we still smoked em behind Jules/Grimes and owning the boards

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
HofstraBBall

12/8/2022  8:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/8/2022  8:27 AM
Great night to be at the garden. Hoped that Murray would have been in there for the trouncing as well.
Randle was the difference with his 1st and third quarter. Took the team on his back.
Grimes finally had his breakout game of the year. Hope this gets him going.
Deuce brings effort level that is contagious. Good to see him hit a three. Something he has to do if he wants to stay off the bench.
Mitch was great with the weakside help and held Capella to a minimum.
Brunson was disappointing. Probably being too hard on him because I think if he facilitates more, he can be elite.
Just seems like him and RJ are just worried about scoring.
IQ had good energy on defense.
Bogdanovic and Culver had rough nights. Trae did not have much help because of it.
Good team win. Glad to see Randle have a good game at home and Grimes get going. Thibs should also get credit for some of the changes he has made. Especially, the trolls that claim he does not give the youngins a fair shake.
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
12/8/2022  8:51 AM
I know it's not popular among some here but kudos to Thibs for the adjustments he's made over the last two games. The defensive effort and scheme has been a lot better. Second game in a row we held a team under 90 points! I know the Hawks were undermanned (boo hoo!) but to hold any team to 89 points on 38% shooting and 6/36 from three is elite defense!

I knew it was going to be our night when Hartenstein hit the crazy shot off the top of the backboard LOL. Great game by Randle! Looked confident, made his threes, made some nice passes, controlled the glass.

Great game by Grimes too! He's such a luxury to have defensively. He made it difficult for Trae! And he hit his threes!

Off game by Brunson. Looked like RJ trying to finish the bunnies at the hoop. RJ again couldn't get going. Is he still sick? He looks and plays like it. He plays like he's 50 years old and has cement sneakers.

And oh yeah, **** Trae Young!

Chandler
Member: #6197

12/8/2022  10:41 AM

he plays better with a smile!

(5)(5)
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/8/2022  10:42 AM
Chandler wrote:

Chicken or the egg?

Chandler

12/8/2022  10:45 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:Great night to be at the garden. Hoped that Murray would have been in there for the trouncing as well.
Randle was the difference with his 1st and third quarter. Took the team on his back.
Grimes finally had his breakout game of the year. Hope this gets him going.
Deuce brings effort level that is contagious. Good to see him hit a three. Something he has to do if he wants to stay off the bench.
Mitch was great with the weakside help and held Capella to a minimum.
Brunson was disappointing. Probably being too hard on him because I think if he facilitates more, he can be elite.
Just seems like him and RJ are just worried about scoring.
IQ had good energy on defense.
Bogdanovic and Culver had rough nights. Trae did not have much help because of it.
Good team win. Glad to see Randle have a good game at home and Grimes get going. Thibs should also get credit for some of the changes he has made. Especially, the trolls that claim he does not give the youngins a fair shake.

good take

Mitch has been playing well. It would be nice if they let him touch the ball a tiny bit more on alley oops and the like.

i would add that Griffin and Krelic (sp?) can shoot. Wouldn't mind either one being a Knick

(5)(5)
Chandler

12/8/2022  10:47 AM
MaTT4281 wrote:
Chandler wrote:

Chicken or the egg?

fair question but there have been a few times this season where I've seen him come out with a smile and also try to laugh off things (like a non-call) that last year would have sent him in a tail spin. SO i am giving the benefit of the doubt and hoping he has changed his attitude. We all remember a game last year where we won and JR scowled and stormed off the court without sharing joy with his teammates.

(5)(5)
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/8/2022  12:21 PM
LivingLegend wrote:Fun watching 3 guards Grimes/Duece/IQ really defending with effort.

RJ seems to be going thru some stuff

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
12/8/2022  12:24 PM
martin
USA
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
martin wrote:

RJ seems to be going thru some stuff

maybe he hurt himself carrying that sack of cash home.

[Game Thread] Knicks vs Hawks 7:30PM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy