[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Game Thread] Knicks vs Cavs 6PM
Author Thread
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
12/5/2022  10:21 AM

I also remember them doing well last season. They killed our draft pick position when they got playing time at the same time.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/5/2022  10:26 AM
Man, I can't wait for Deuce to get his shot flowing. Has he even hit a 3pointer this year? It's like the desert for him
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
12/5/2022  10:29 AM
I'm loving that Grimes has gotten all the Fournier minutes, McBride got the Rose minutes for this game and IQ taking some of RJ's second half minutes even though RJ came out flaming in the 3rd.
martin
USA
12/5/2022  11:34 AM
Clean
Member: #743
12/5/2022  11:38 AM

They both are so versatile. I wish we could see more creative things involving both of them. Stuff like this is what we envisioned when we signed Hart. When you have the PF and Center both on the outside doing things like this the lane should be open. We just need more imagination with offensive sets.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

12/5/2022  12:06 PM
martin wrote:Man, I can't wait for Deuce to get his shot flowing. Has he even hit a 3pointer this year? It's like the desert for him

He can shoot so I’m with you and just think it’s about minutes and calming down.

Was thinking about it and when Duece shots I expect it to go down where Cam/RJ - even Grimes I’m hoping. Grimes is a very nervous player - he needs to slow down a 1.2 step and relax.

LivingLegend

12/5/2022  12:09 PM
There were more than a few occasions last night where Randle for example was trying to operate in the paint but you could see the total clogging effect of Mitch sitting in the lane with 3 defenders all around.

I do like Hart with Obi because it frees lanes for Obi to cut. Also liked the Obi, Hart, Quick, Duece 4-some because that grouping allows Obi to be a bit more assertive.

LivingLegend

12/5/2022  12:16 PM
This was an example of to use Duece - you play him with another ball handler, allow him to play off the ball most of time and you put him on other teams point defensively. Duece is just a dog - get him in the court.

Much prefer watching defensive game then our inefficient offensive players trying to out score teams - Thibs needs to play to his strengths as a coach or he’ll be gone in short order.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/5/2022  12:19 PM
LivingLegend wrote:There were more than a few occasions last night where Randle for example was trying to operate in the paint but you could see the total clogging effect of Mitch sitting in the lane with 3 defenders all around.

I do like Hart with Obi because it frees lanes for Obi to cut. Also liked the Obi, Hart, Quick, Duece 4-some because that grouping allows Obi to be a bit more assertive.

The energy is so much better with McBride out there - he was a plus 8 last night and didn't score - both sides of the ball. And with IQ and Obi - there is so much athleticism to get after the ball on D, and the hoop on O.

I am grateful that Thibs went with McBride- I have no faith he'll continue, but for one game, it was nice to see.

LivingLegend

12/5/2022  12:20 PM
Hoping we can pick up a decent asset for Rose and free some potential Duece minutes.
martin
USA
12/5/2022  12:30 PM
LivingLegend wrote:Hoping we can pick up a decent asset for Rose and free some potential Duece minutes.

YES

martin
USA
12/5/2022  12:31 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:Man, I can't wait for Deuce to get his shot flowing. Has he even hit a 3pointer this year? It's like the desert for him

He can shoot so I’m with you and just think it’s about minutes and calming down.

Was thinking about it and when Duece shots I expect it to go down where Cam/RJ - even Grimes I’m hoping. Grimes is a very nervous player - he needs to slow down a 1.2 step and relax.

It's legal in NY now, dude just gotta take a gummy before game to really relax on those shots

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/5/2022  12:48 PM
franco12 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:There were more than a few occasions last night where Randle for example was trying to operate in the paint but you could see the total clogging effect of Mitch sitting in the lane with 3 defenders all around.

The energy is so much better with McBride out there - he was a plus 8 last night and didn't score - both sides of the ball. And with IQ and Obi - there is so much athleticism to get after the ball on D, and the hoop on O.

I am grateful that Thibs went with McBride- I have no faith he'll continue, but for one game, it was nice to see.

cause we won. If we lost than Thibs played a PG who couldnt score and you win in basketball by getting more points than your opponent.

I actually love McBride but his offense has been legendary bad. I mean he plays so hard but at some point he's gotta score at least like a bad NBA player. My McBride dream is the Marcus Smart arc.. but he's gotta score.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chandler
Member: #6197

12/5/2022  1:09 PM
agree with comments about Deuce. He can make a real impact on D

We can't trade Rose though. He's Thib's guy on the court and in the locker room

if i were in charge yesterday RJ would have sat the second half, given his dismal first half -- and we would have lost as a result of that.

this team is so inconsistent right now. Many guys are in a funk, playing tight. I hope they hang together and fight through this.

And Thibs needs to make more adjustments when guys shots are off. They will be off from time to time, but when a guy (looking at you RJ) thinks the solution to poor shooting is to make worse shot choices then he's being too selfish.

(5)(5)
martin
USA
12/5/2022  3:05 PM
Chandler
Member: #6197

12/5/2022  3:52 PM

I'm assuming Briggs took a mental health day yesterday after the Mavs loss. But is anyone else mildly disappointed that we didn't have posts after the Cavs game with Briggs saying we should lock up Q at 20 or 30/year or something else to that effect?!?
(5)(5)
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

12/5/2022  5:24 PM
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

It's legal in NY now, dude just gotta take a gummy before game to really relax on those shots

CBD is what he needs to relax. THC can make him worse

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
12/5/2022  6:03 PM
fishmike wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
TheGame wrote:Grimes is not scoring but his defense in the starting unit makes a big difference. Once Grimes’ offense comes around, this team can take off (assuming RJ does not keep shooting us out of games).

Grimes a very smart player. Not very athletic or skilled but high IQ

might be the worst scouting ever... Grimes is a fantastic athlete with an explosive first step. Go read about his combine etc or just watch him hang with the elite athletes of the game. Not very athletic?

I agree. Grimes is more athletic than he appears, and he is skilled. Right now he is rushing his shot. Once he slows down and gets a few more games under his belt, his shot will start falling. Once that happens and Brunson and Randle gain more confidence in him, they will start passing him the ball in better shooting situations and run some plays to get him open.

Trust the Process
martin
USA
12/5/2022  6:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/5/2022  6:54 PM
TheGame wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
TheGame wrote:Grimes is not scoring but his defense in the starting unit makes a big difference. Once Grimes’ offense comes around, this team can take off (assuming RJ does not keep shooting us out of games).

might be the worst scouting ever... Grimes is a fantastic athlete with an explosive first step. Go read about his combine etc or just watch him hang with the elite athletes of the game. Not very athletic?

I agree. Grimes is more athletic than he appears, and he is skilled. Right now he is rushing his shot. Once he slows down and gets a few more games under his belt, his shot will start falling. Once that happens and Brunson and Randle gain more confidence in him, they will start passing him the ball in better shooting situations and run some plays to get him open.

Probably will take at least until next year before his shot is consistent but this kid is gonna be lights out special.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/5/2022  6:14 PM
TheGame wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

Wouldn't hurt for them to run a few sets for him now, get him some shots off movement. Might help 5onget him going.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
[Game Thread] Knicks vs Cavs 6PM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy