[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

None of the young players are guys to get excited about
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/3/2022  7:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/3/2022  7:16 PM
I think we have drafted quite marginally. No player comes close to possibly an upper tier player and we have some high picks on the team. Go out and hire a real gm with proven skills with a better plan than hoping Lebron will come here. All this time and money wasted. There is not one Knicks player I would really think to myself no way will I trade him. It’s not even a team that I can see fans pushing for. It’s a sht show of a product with an old coach who should be an assistant.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/3/2022  8:33 PM
I want to get a different coach before I condemn these players. Obi, RJ, IQ have all shown flashes. McBride, Grimes value at where they were picked.

M Rob has shown flashes of being a impact player.

Alpha1971
Member: #9006

12/4/2022  8:56 AM
They all have value but non are untraceable. All of these young players were given the benefit of the doubt when the team foolishly punted on the past draft. This upcoming draft we can easily replace all of them. So if a fair deal comes along for IQ, Cam, Obi you deal them. You deal them to help you get rid of Dubious Handle, you reset the clock and tank. Stop delaying what you have to do. Friggin tank for two to three seasons
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/4/2022  9:52 AM
franco12 wrote:I want to get a different coach before I condemn these players. Obi, RJ, IQ have all shown flashes. McBride, Grimes value at where they were picked.

M Rob has shown flashes of being a impact player.

Agree. Would be malpractice to do otherwise. I think the players like Thibs. Thibs wants his players to take their game to the next level. They wont get there without Thibs doing the same. I dont see a coach who knows how to put his players in a position to succeed anymore.

There is also the fact that even coaches with good records are let go because players start tuning them out. They need a new voice to listen to. Looks like the Knicks have reached that point with Thibs.

Hope Thibs isnt fired mid-season though. If there was ever a season to let things run their course, its this one. With Webanyana, and Henderson, in the upcoming draft.

Have to give Dolan credit for staying out of the FO's way. But if this season continues on its present trajectory. Im sure Dolan is going to ask Leon Rose wether or not he wants to stick it out with Thibs. At the cost of his job, if things dont get much better.

A new coach should buy Rose more time. Hopefully Snyder is available. Know Im not alone in hoping he is considered for the job.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

12/4/2022  10:09 AM
Cuz none of them are particularly good lol
The Future is Bright!
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
12/4/2022  10:57 AM
It is not the young players it’s the management and coach and the entire development process of the Knicks. This team hasn’t developed a superstar since Patrick Ewing. That right there shows you how futile this organization has been. Their draft picks never really get the keys. They prize outsider players more than what they have. Look at Obi they took him before Haliburton he doesn’t get nearly the run. It’s crazy. We love these other players on other teams but they were given proper development and opportunities. I guarantee if these other players that some cover were drafted by the Knicks they would not have developed to whatever they are now.
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
12/4/2022  11:24 AM
You can tell which posters have actually played competitive sports growing up or have coached a team in any sport.

Thibs and his coaching staff are not responsible for developing "individual" superstars. They are responsible for developing a competitive (hopefully championship) TEAM.

The player is responsible for their own personal development. The club/organization provides the resources (facility, weight room, medical, coaches) but its up to the player to seek those out.

I'm sure you read the other day about G. Antetokounmpo having a miserable FT game against Philly and then returning to the court AFTER the game was over to shoot some free throws.
Do you believe that was the Milwaukee Bucks coaching staff "developing" Giannis or Giannis taking responsibility for his own development and working to improve his craft?

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
12/4/2022  11:39 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I think we have drafted quite marginally. No player comes close to possibly an upper tier player and we have some high picks on the team. Go out and hire a real gm with proven skills with a better plan than hoping Lebron will come here. All this time and money wasted. There is not one Knicks player I would really think to myself no way will I trade him. It’s not even a team that I can see fans pushing for. It’s a sht show of a product with an old coach who should be an assistant.

I tend to agree. There are guys that I think need more opportunity who “could” have that feeling. But there are only 5-10 players in the league that I feel that way about.

Booker is my next heartthrob.

This is the Randle.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
12/4/2022  11:43 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:You can tell which posters have actually played competitive sports growing up or have coached a team in any sport.

Thibs and his coaching staff are not responsible for developing "individual" superstars. They are responsible for developing a competitive (hopefully championship) TEAM.

The player is responsible for their own personal development. The club/organization provides the resources (facility, weight room, medical, coaches) but its up to the player to seek those out.

I'm sure you read the other day about G. Antetokounmpo having a miserable FT game against Philly and then returning to the court AFTER the game was over to shoot some free throws.
Do you believe that was the Milwaukee Bucks coaching staff "developing" Giannis or Giannis taking responsibility for his own development and working to improve his craft?

You mean to tell us that after all these years the Knicks couldn’t find self motivated players? You don’t think agenda driven GMs, coaches and staff don’t play a role in a franchise that changes direction in the whim.

EwingsGlass
USA
12/4/2022  11:46 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:You can tell which posters have actually played competitive sports growing up or have coached a team in any sport.

I think Bud’s offensive set puts Giannis in the best opportunity to exceed. He plays Brook Lopez at the 3 point line more often then. Not to give Giannis room to work. Giannis tends to pass the ball out to the three when the box is stacked.

Good coaches get the best out of their players. I don’t feel like we get the best version of any players coming to NY from other teams and I don’t think we can tell whether our youth are the best versions of themselves.

He has a unicorn in Mitch Robinson and hasn’t run a single play for him all season.

Even if Thibs is the best coach on the planet, it doesn’t matter. He’s not winning games. Good coaches win games.

This is the Randle.
franco12
USA
12/4/2022  12:06 PM
Vmart wrote:It is not the young players it’s the management and coach and the entire development process of the Knicks. This team hasn’t developed a superstar since Patrick Ewing. That right there shows you how futile this organization has been. Their draft picks never really get the keys. They prize outsider players more than what they have. Look at Obi they took him before Haliburton he doesn’t get nearly the run. It’s crazy. We love these other players on other teams but they were given proper development and opportunities. I guarantee if these other players that some cover were drafted by the Knicks they would not have developed to whatever they are now.

I don’t think we really needed to develop Patrick. Dude was super motivated, from a different era of athlete and person. We did get the most out of him, especially Riley who was like Phil, a master motivator.

But what are we doing with Obi? He has skills and is right now our best 3pt shooter. And he plays 17 minutes whether he is playing amazing, ok or poorly. Thibs almost refuses to play Randle at the five and Obi at the 4 - and I think that is one of our best line ups. We really should also get McBride into the rotation- his defense is infections. I know he can’t shoot well, but his positive on the scrambling defense end has helped other players defend better.

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
12/4/2022  12:10 PM
Oh don't worry guys. Thibs will win games right at the end of the season to get that 8th or 9th seed. Teams will tank. Coach's job saved, ****ty picks obtained, mission accomplished. Rinse and repeat. This is probably the worst part of a rebuild, being.500
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
franco12
USA
12/4/2022  1:08 PM
ramtour420 wrote:Oh don't worry guys. Thibs will win games right at the end of the season to get that 8th or 9th seed. Teams will tank. Coach's job saved, ****ty picks obtained, mission accomplished. Rinse and repeat. This is probably the worst part of a rebuild, being.500

If we rebuild right, we would not be stuck with being mediocre like this.

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
12/4/2022  2:06 PM
What chance do we have of actually finding out how good they are instead of speculating?

We load up the roster with 3 high usage starters, instantly limiting all the young players opportunities.

We turn an exciting dunking, athletic player like obi into just a 3 point shooter and cap his minutes at 16 per game.

Sims looks a promising C, so we sign another back up C so can't get any minutes.

We take IQ and never allow him to start or play PG, cap his minutes and prioritize playing a broken down Rose over him.

We never play a line up with our best young defenders (McBride, IQ, Grimes, Cam, Mitch). We never experiment unless injury forces it.

Last year we prioritised Kemba and Fournier and Randle over seeing what we had with any of the young players until injuries absolutely forced our hand at the end of the season. Just an absolute joke.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

12/4/2022  2:38 PM
Briggs drinking again.. why not just ONE troll thread?
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

12/4/2022  3:27 PM
Stay the course. You can rebuild in NY it just takes patience. Blowing it up for a starphuck is a Dolan move and has gotten us nowhere over the years. If there is a proven President/GM out there I’d let Rose/WWW go and not look back. There is no reason to jettison the rebuild, we have a few decent role players. Our cap situation is crap. That’s management. Thibs is a good coach , but I’d talk to Udoka. I don’t get why he was banned so hard. I’d never do what he did myself, but he should still be allowed to make a living in his chosen field.
franco12
USA
12/4/2022  3:31 PM
Rookie wrote:Stay the course. You can rebuild in NY it just takes patience. Blowing it up for a starphuck is a Dolan move and has gotten us nowhere over the years. If there is a proven President/GM out there I’d let Rose/WWW go and not look back. There is no reason to jettison the rebuild, we have a few decent role players. Our cap situation is crap. That’s management. Thibs is a good coach , but I’d talk to Udoka. I don’t get why he was banned so hard. I’d never do what he did myself, but he should still be allowed to make a living in his chosen field.

Disagree. It is an honor to be a head coach and get paid absurd money. I don't know anything that he did, I haven't read about it, have no opinion, other than the fact if he effed up, he doesn't get absolved of poor personal choices.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

12/4/2022  3:55 PM
franco12 wrote:
Rookie wrote:Stay the course. You can rebuild in NY it just takes patience. Blowing it up for a starphuck is a Dolan move and has gotten us nowhere over the years. If there is a proven President/GM out there I’d let Rose/WWW go and not look back. There is no reason to jettison the rebuild, we have a few decent role players. Our cap situation is crap. That’s management. Thibs is a good coach , but I’d talk to Udoka. I don’t get why he was banned so hard. I’d never do what he did myself, but he should still be allowed to make a living in his chosen field.

Disagree. It is an honor to be a head coach and get paid absurd money. I don't know anything that he did, I haven't read about it, have no opinion, other than the fact if he effed up, he doesn't get absolved of poor personal choices.

He had a consensual affair with another employee. I would never do that myself, but it’s not a career ender offense. Do you get upset with athletes who sleep around? Should they all be suspended when they get caught?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/4/2022  4:28 PM
Rookie wrote:
franco12 wrote:

He had a consensual affair with another employee. I would never do that myself, but it’s not a career ender offense. Do you get upset with athletes who sleep around? Should they all be suspended when they get caught?

Udoka is under contract, Boston suspended him and you have to assume there are good reasons for it and that a ton of more details need to get sorted.

I’m not sure there is more to it than that.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EwingsGlass
USA
12/4/2022  4:50 PM

Mediocrity is the doldrums. There is no breeze to fill the sails. There is nothing to create the momentum you need to move out of it.

I went optimistic walking into this season. Stifled my inner pessimist. And yeah, we are only 3 games under .500 after a tough starting stretch. But the team doesn’t look any different than last year. Literally. Same mistakes. Same lack of offensive cohesion. Same flaws in the defense. Same exhaustion in the players. Same shooting problems.

They lack ball movement and coach doesn’t seem to give a hoot. They take bad shots and coach doesn’t seem to care. Yeah, they changed the pace a bit. But that’s not coming out of the fast break or transition points, they are still going iso against set defenses, they are just passing less before the iso ball holder shoots.

It’s like coach is trying to accept maths as a function of getting to efficiency but still doesn’t understand it. Overemphasis on pace rather than efficiency.

This is just more dribble dribble shoot nonsense.

We can blindly support Thibs as “our guy” but so don’t really see anyone doing the right things. It’s a poorly coached teams with players not doing their job. Something needs to change. Or just accept the tank.

This is the Randle.
None of the young players are guys to get excited about

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy