[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Disaster. What to say other than I hope they lose
Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
12/4/2022  8:50 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:F all the fugazzy fans!
Root for our guys no matter what!

There has to be a reciprocation of loyalty here. I pay for single team NBA pass for the Knicks, before that I was paying for MSG until I moved. I show loyalty by buying a pass. I question wether the team even give a crap. They put out such nonsensical product out there. The Knicks biggest problem is that they never really had loyalty to the fans. They can’t develop stars and they can’t even get true superstars in trades or free agency.
They sell tickets half the fans scalp the ticket to some guy visiting from Europe, China or where ever just so they can see Madison Square Garden and Penn Station. I’m just tired brother of the Knicks there is no wow factor left. The Wow factor has been dead for 23 years now.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/5/2022  2:24 AM
Vmart wrote:

There has to be a reciprocation of loyalty here. I pay for single team NBA pass for the Knicks, before that I was paying for MSG until I moved. I show loyalty by buying a pass. I question wether the team even give a crap. They put out such nonsensical product out there. The Knicks biggest problem is that they never really had loyalty to the fans. They can’t develop stars and they can’t even get true superstars in trades or free agency.
They sell tickets half the fans scalp the ticket to some guy visiting from Europe, China or where ever just so they can see Madison Square Garden and Penn Station. I’m just tired brother of the Knicks there is no wow factor left. The Wow factor has been dead for 23 years now.

YOu spend 100 bucks on a pass. If your transactional on wins and not the event thats on you.
If you expected more, thats on you. I said it 100 times, nobody had them any more than looking at the play in game.

I scored some killer seats for Friday’s game. Road game in Charlotte. Costs more than the season pass I have. A lot.
Then there is parking and over priced food.
My choice. Nobody putting a gun to my head.
Im rooting for my team. Rooting for RJ to get his **** together. Rooting for Thibs and the knicks players and team to succeed.

They might not win on Friday. I know that. IM as frustrated as the rest of you. Im not rooting for mediocrity. I root for these athletes who are humans who are in the top league on the planet were only 1% of ball players get to step on the floor. Some will succeed, others will falter and be gone. More will be drafted and new dreams will be made for them.

Fans? WE get to pick and choose our spots. Nobody puts a gun to our heads. They don’t owe us anything but their best. Sometimes thats not enough to succeed.

RJ earned that contract over a 3 year period. I don’t know why he has regressed thus far.
IM rooting for him to get it together.

blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
12/5/2022  3:37 AM
franco12 wrote:we will just miss franchise talent in the draft. take that to the bank. If Dallas is in the lottery, they will win or move up, we will be left watching.

I was told by most Knicks they don’t want a franchise talent. They rather have coy Thibs playing his vets. And those who agreed stayed quite. Funny how the entire board is now changing or finally speaking up. I was on this hill by myself and said, no worries……the fans will speak louder than me eventually.

Time to sit back and watch this soap opera crash.

Dolan and his caa buddy buddy system ain’t working.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/5/2022  7:08 AM
blkexec wrote:
franco12 wrote:we will just miss franchise talent in the draft. take that to the bank. If Dallas is in the lottery, they will win or move up, we will be left watching.

I was told by most Knicks they don’t want a franchise talent. They rather have coy Thibs playing his vets. And those who agreed stayed quite. Funny how the entire board is now changing or finally speaking up. I was on this hill by myself and said, no worries……the fans will speak louder than me eventually.

C'mon man. I've been on team tank after the first month. The organization clearly has no plans of intentionally tanking until it's mathematically eliminated from the play-in, so it makes no sense to keep harping on it.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

12/5/2022  7:20 AM
Nalod wrote:Fans? WE get to pick and choose our spots. Nobody puts a gun to our heads. They don’t owe us anything but their best. Sometimes thats not enough to succeed.

You think they been consistently giving their best? I get, players miss shots. This team is trash and the talent level isn't their. When you "star" players consistently miss rotations or fail to get their hands up on defense, then I think fans have every right to complain about the product on the floor.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

12/5/2022  7:40 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
blkexec wrote:

C'mon man. I've been on team tank after the first month. The organization clearly has no plans of intentionally tanking until it's mathematically eliminated from the play-in, so it makes no sense to keep harping on it.

No need to tank. It’s a very deep draft. I’m a big Wemby fan but I’m concerned his body might fall apart same way KP’s did

BigDaddyG

12/5/2022  7:50 AM
Philc1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
blkexec wrote:

No need to tank. It’s a very deep draft. I’m a big Wemby fan but I’m concerned his body might fall apart same way KP’s did

Need to make sure they draft in the top 10. This team doesn't just need talent. It needs to hit on some game changers.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/5/2022  7:57 AM
Philc1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Phil jackson said it best about KP. He might be too tall for basketball.

Nalod
USA
12/5/2022  9:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/5/2022  9:06 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:Fans? WE get to pick and choose our spots. Nobody puts a gun to our heads. They don’t owe us anything but their best. Sometimes thats not enough to succeed.

You think they been consistently giving their best? I get, players miss shots. This team is trash and the talent level isn't their. When you "star" players consistently miss rotations or fail to get their hands up on defense, then I think fans have every right to complain about the product on the floor.

They do all that **** when they win, but the result is preferable. No, im not happy. But as I said, sometimes their best is not enough. How do I validate that? Maybe in part that nobody said they would be much better than struggle to make play in game.
I don't see a team giving up. Maybe they on the verge. But not yet. If Thibs lost the team he'd have done so vs. Cavs. They did not quit on him yet.
Brunson has real ties to him and Knicks paid him to elevate the team. Im not seeing "fault" here but I get why he is taking it to heart publicly. Can't say his dad is doing his part as coach, but who can? I don't know the root cause of this teams not doing better other than the talent is not good enough. Randle is our best player. Thats a problem.

So there it is. I don't think our talent level is enough to be disappointed by the current outcome. Thats my opinion not preference. Its a miserable existence as the team is improved but so are many others. Its why I harp often that we "got beat" than just say "we lost". Teams with better talent "lose" to lessor opponents. We get beat by superior teams. Some games like the Milwaukee one was close. The Dallas game was awful.

is Thibs catering to FO to play the kids? if so, this is not on him squarely.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
12/5/2022  9:10 AM
Clearly, the team made the wrong decision in resigning RJ, when we could have traded him for Mitchell. RJ has looked terrible and this is his year 4.
Trust the Process
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/5/2022  9:17 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

Im not rooting for mediocrity? Its either sck or youre a player. In between is the worst and were in between on the under .45 side. We also capped ourselves out.

its not mediocrity when its a young team.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
USA
12/5/2022  11:44 AM
TheGame wrote:Clearly, the team made the wrong decision in resigning RJ, when we could have traded him for Mitchell. RJ has looked terrible and this is his year 4.

when you look at how he finished the 2nd half of last year and his year to year improvements its not unreasonable. His play this year is worrisome.
We don't know the final trade offer nor if it was acceptable to Ainge. Have to go back to the momement. Rumor had it Ainge was playing us. Or, was resigning RJ the defacto end? Or did we resign him when we knew we were done with negotiating with Jazz.

Did we know RJ would start out this bad?
Tell me how the other 3.7 years left on his contract will play out? He won't be 23 until next summer.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/7/2022  11:42 PM
Some too busy getting the crap stains out of their pants instead of posting after a great win?
Philc1

12/8/2022  7:37 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Need to make sure they draft in the top 10. This team doesn't just need talent. It needs to hit on some game changers.

Giannis, Donovan Mitchell, Jokic, Kobe Bryant —- none drafted top 10

Philc1

12/8/2022  7:39 AM
TheGame wrote:Clearly, the team made the wrong decision in resigning RJ, when we could have traded him for Mitchell. RJ has looked terrible and this is his year 4.

Yet we are only 4 games separated from the cavs in the standings. And the trade wasn’t RJ and a throw in draft pick for Mitchell it was RJ and a boat load of first round picks plus other young assets. Too much ESPN Kool Aid

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/8/2022  8:27 AM
blkexec wrote:

Pretty sure I saw Dolan hop out of his chair and give Jules a big high five when Thibs pulled him in the 4th

How you feel about the team today?

Enjoying the soap opera?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/12/2022  1:25 PM
Sorry about the win streak!
Nalod
USA
12/12/2022  2:52 PM
why is it some posters contribute more when we lose?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/12/2022  2:56 PM
Nalod wrote:why is it some posters contribute more when we lose?

Them poser fans

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
12/12/2022  3:12 PM
blkexec wrote:

You talk with the knicks?
So you really did dig being the pied piper of the negative? Can't deny it, we have pictures of you on the hill!
where you sitting like the Dali Lhama or Ghandi with some wisdom seeking fans at your feet looking upon you for "Thibian mystique"?
You flat out gloating here, or am I wrong?
Am I gloating for winning? Nope. Im well on record that I bought into the "Struggle for play in" and .500 give our take a game or two is my expectation.
Im just happy to watch a game we win or play well even if we lose.

Disaster. What to say other than I hope they lose

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy