[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Game Thread 12/3] Knicks vs Mavs 12:30 PM
Author Thread
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/4/2022  10:42 AM
LivingLegend wrote:Was watching game and wife walked in with Knicks up +10.

She said what’s up - I said just waiting for Knicks to blow another big lead.

In what seemed like 5 minutes we were down 30.

This is the kind of loss where you trust nobody - you can blame Thibs but at same time entire team QUIT. So once again we have the wrong coach and a bunch of talentless, quitters for a team.

Right path is to fire Rose, WWS & coach, fire-sale roster for what you can get —- tank for best picks you can get…continue to collect assets BUT none of that will happen.

Bring back Mike Miller.

Martin wants to weed out the weak minded players.

That was a response to my comment that Tibbs might be too intense and wearing players out. They’ve given up. Yes, horrible. Maybe our players suck.

But my point when I wanted to keep Miller was because I thought he was a good developmental coach for young men. Thibs is for later, when you’ve got veterans that have established themselves. Thibs is too much of an ask for our players where they are.

Miller reminded me of a college coach, and maybe that is what we need.

It doesn’t have to be anyone’s fault. Not the players, not the front office, not the coach, Thibs.

This is just a bad fit at this place and time.

AUTOADVERT
fwk00
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6048

12/4/2022  10:59 AM
franco12 wrote:

This is the kind of loss where you trust nobody - you can blame Thibs but at same time entire team QUIT. So once again we have the wrong coach and a bunch of talentless, quitters for a team.

Right path is to fire Rose, WWS & coach, fire-sale roster for what you can get —- tank for best picks you can get…continue to collect assets BUT none of that will happen.

Bring back Mike Miller.

That was a response to my comment that Tibbs might be too intense and wearing players out. They’ve given up. Yes, horrible. Maybe our players suck.

But my point when I wanted to keep Miller was because I thought he was a good developmental coach for young men. Thibs is for later, when you’ve got veterans that have established themselves. Thibs is too much of an ask for our players where they are.

It doesn’t have to be anyone’s fault. Not the players, not the front office, not the coach, Thibs.

Yes. Miller was the perfect coach because he had a system for playing and developing the kids.

Rose came in with Thibs in pocket despite the fact that it was and will not be a contending team for years.

Miller, Luke Walton, Kenny Atkinson, or Quinn Snyder are my short list.

Clean
Member: #743
12/4/2022  11:08 AM
fwk00 wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Bring back Mike Miller.

Yes. Miller was the perfect coach because he had a system for playing and developing the kids.

Rose came in with Thibs in pocket despite the fact that it was and will not be a contending team for years.

Kenny Atkinson is who I wanted when we hired Thibs. I had to shut up because we did so well our first year with Thibs. Kenny being fired because he wanted to start who was better for the team instead of who KD and Kyrie wanted makes me like him even more. I know there is more to it but I like this aspect of him. Kenny already took a young team to the playoffs. I don't get the fascination with Johnnie Bryant I think he is called. So many Knicks fans wants him to take over for Thibs but what has he shown he can do coaching for people to think he would be good?

fwk00
Member: #6048

12/4/2022  11:21 AM
Clean wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Bring back Mike Miller.

Kenny Atkinson is who I wanted when we hired Thibs. I had to shut up because we did so well our first year with Thibs. Kenny being fired because he wanted to start who was better for the team instead of who KD and Kyrie wanted makes me like him even more. I know there is more to it but I like this aspect of him. Kenny already took a young team to the playoffs. I don't get the fascination with Johnnie Bryant I think he is called. So many Knicks fans wants him to take over for Thibs but what has he shown he can do coaching for people to think he would be good?

When Atkinson was coaching Brooklyn they had a bright future. Durant turned that into a blight future.

Atkinson makes sense if and only if this roster is pruned of look-alike talent. You need to reduce the volume of role players who are wannabe starters to get great role players who are great role players and nothing more. Three mediocre, young wannabes don't translate into one player who can stop the bleeding.

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

12/4/2022  2:09 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:Simple, Knicks must offer Pat Riley whatever he wants to return to the team and control it. Of course, twenty years too late and Riley will simply dump all his bad Heat contracts to the Knicks and trade all good players and picks to the Heat. Imagine if Riley had just been given control years before

Even the Mighty Riles would not have brought the Florida sun and its zero income tax rate to New York.

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

12/4/2022  5:48 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:Simple, Knicks must offer Pat Riley whatever he wants to return to the team and control it. Of course, twenty years too late and Riley will simply dump all his bad Heat contracts to the Knicks and trade all good players and picks to the Heat. Imagine if Riley had just been given control years before

Even the Mighty Riles would not have brought the Florida sun and its zero income tax rate to New York.

NY weather isn't that bad. I prefer the change of seasons. Tax how much can you spend after awhile ?

[Game Thread 12/3] Knicks vs Mavs 12:30 PM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy