[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

RJ and Randle have had a ton of games to show they are a good fit. They aren't. Who are you keeping?

Author Poll
Sambakick
Member: #5646

The jury is in. We have the evidence that the defense falls to pieces with these guys in the game. They're basically the same guy with the same ego wanting to take all the shots and play none of the defense and the sooner the front office divorces Julius Randle and RJ Barrett from one another, the better. So which one are we keeping, and which one are we sending away? Before the season this would be an incredibly lopsided poll in favor of RJ, but seeing him regress while Randle has an offensive renaissance has made this a debate.
Keep RJ
Keep Randle
Keep Both
Keep Neither
View Results

Author Thread
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

12/1/2022  6:58 PM
Have there been any teams interested in trading for either player? Randle is proving that he is still a diva and RJ plays half of every season like ass. They aren’t going anywhere unless you are attaching picks. Their salaries also make them harder to move. RJ has the poison pill this year
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
12/1/2022  7:07 PM
RJ is 22. This is why they say Knicks fans are so impatient. There’s no way you don’t keep RJ and see if he can get better.
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
12/1/2022  7:20 PM
Randle should go first and then see how things settle once he's gone...RJ may also have to go to upgrade but feel like there is more room/potential for growth as RJ played much better 2nd half of last season when Randle was dogging it and not playing as much (more space). Don't in any way think moving Randle will make us better without a decent return - but he's 28 in his 9th season and is a jekyl and hyde type of player. RJ prob has to be the worst shooter on the court (like Igoudola) to operate at his strengths. It may not be worth it but I would start with Randle and use the remainder of the season to see how the pieces refit after Randle is moved.
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

12/1/2022  11:17 PM
You can’t trade Randle for another year and a half. No one wants his contract. RJ you could use as trade bait for a superstar and we almost did
Kemet
Member: #6148

12/3/2022  12:14 AM
Philc1 wrote:You can’t trade Randle for another year and a half. No one wants his contract. RJ you could use as trade bait for a superstar and we almost did

There are no NBA teams desperate for Randle or Barrett's type of talent (and contract) in their rotation.
Maybe in January/February ???

Us Knicks fans are stuck with having NO team ball movement Randle & Barrett in the rotation throughout the remainder of the season.
I really do miss D.Rose's 2nd unit bench lineup (excitement) for 10 to 14 minutes a game

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/3/2022  2:02 AM
Trade everyone but Brunson.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/3/2022  8:26 AM
The assumption is to get rid of a player but rare do we discuss who comes in?
Look at the bulls. Gave big money to Lavine after his knee thing. He is not right.
Lonzo Ball. Not good situation.
Vuachic, former Orlando Allstar center. (spelling), Not doing it.
Caruso hurt often.
They leveraged up, and are ****ed. For now they stuck in the middle with us.
Derozen the surprise older dude keeps on doing it. Im sure bulls fans are not happy, They have not been since Jordan and Phil Jax left.
We could have gone that route but are talking the longer one.
Should bulls "Blow it up" after one season and a quarter?

RJ is 22. Fans "are not convinced". Of course not, it has not happened yet with consistency.
Remember ya'll wanted a real PT guard? Wonder why Randle has less assists? He has like 14 less touches per game. Oh.
RJ too has less. His shooting is getting back. Y'all want a star. We all do. He is an incrementally improving type of player. Again, he is 22.
Patience is not "We gave him 3 years and money". Patience is also realizing he is not a yet what you want and it takes time.

wargames
Member: #6053

12/3/2022  8:36 AM
You keep RJ and move Randle.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
wargames
Member: #6053

12/3/2022  8:39 AM
Philc1 wrote:You can’t trade Randle for another year and a half. No one wants his contract. RJ you could use as trade bait for a superstar and we almost did

His contract isn’t so bad that he is not movable and the Knicks have enough extra draft picks they could always add one too move him. The issue is what come back with him?

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/3/2022  9:02 AM
How bout both?
But for better players.
Same rule for entire roster.
If it's one, RJ is younger. However, RJ clashes more with JB thanks Randle.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
LivingLegend
Member: #1645

12/3/2022  10:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/3/2022  10:12 AM
RJ and Randle are such a clumsy / clunky fit —- I’m out on both.

Randle has actual / legit NBA athleticism and talent but he has a bag of rocks for brains (bball iq) is just an idiot who can’t handle prosperity or failure.

RJ has poor quickness, a poor handle, poor vision, is a poor passer, can’t shoot straight, doesn’t finish and his D is putrid — other than that he has looked great.

Seriously it’s just brutal watching these cats —- doesn’t matter any more if both or just one on the floor — neither represents todays NBA

LivingLegend

12/3/2022  10:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/3/2022  10:14 AM
Knixkik wrote:RJ is 22. This is why they say Knicks fans are so impatient. There’s no way you don’t keep RJ and see if he can get better.

Sometimes watching RJ I feel like he is a declining 35 year old - his athleticism is really shaky. When he puts the ball on the floor with his right hand he looks like a high school kid dribbling the ball - seriously. He is just a clunky looking player - robot fits.

His greatest strength (his mental toughness) may also be his Achilles heel because he believes in himself too much (see John Starks in game 7 against rockets) and RJ is no where near the athlete Starks was.

LivingLegend

12/3/2022  10:12 AM
franco12 wrote:Trade everyone but Brunson.

Actually maybe trading Brunson is way to go if he has most value —- I mean what does keeping Brunson get us with rest of this group (lol).

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
12/3/2022  10:31 AM
Of course you keep RJ because of the age but I have to admit I wouldn't be as sad if he was traded. He's been such a disappointment!
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

12/4/2022  9:12 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
Knixkik wrote:RJ is 22. This is why they say Knicks fans are so impatient. There’s no way you don’t keep RJ and see if he can get better.

Sometimes watching RJ I feel like he is a declining 35 year old - his athleticism is really shaky. When he puts the ball on the floor with his right hand he looks like a high school kid dribbling the ball - seriously. He is just a clunky looking player - robot fits.

His greatest strength (his mental toughness) may also be his Achilles heel because he believes in himself too much (see John Starks in game 7 against rockets) and RJ is no where near the athlete Starks was.

He should be playing at the 4;3;2 spots depending on match ups. He needs to lose like ten lbs if he is going to be expected to guard the 2. He got too big like Mitch did last off-season. Stop lifting weights to gain size. He should do kettle bell conditioning and go run on the beach to increase his cardio endurance. He needs to relentlessly work on his three and focus on being a role player. I'll keep him and trade Randle first. But frankly as long as one goes I'm fine. Hopefully RJ has more trade value. Maybe RJ and a protected first for a expiring deal and and a second rounder at the deadline. Then let Randle and Brunson run the offense and maybe trade Randle for some value during the off-season. Like Crazy Eddie used to say " Our Prices are Insane "

LivingLegend

12/4/2022  9:29 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

He should be playing at the 4;3;2 spots depending on match ups. He needs to lose like ten lbs if he is going to be expected to guard the 2. He got too big like Mitch did last off-season. Stop lifting weights to gain size. He should do kettle bell conditioning and go run on the beach to increase his cardio endurance. He needs to relentlessly work on his three and focus on being a role player. I'll keep him and trade Randle first. But frankly as long as one goes I'm fine. Hopefully RJ has more trade value. Maybe RJ and a protected first for a expiring deal and and a second rounder at the deadline. Then let Randle and Brunson run the offense and maybe trade Randle for some value during the off-season. Like Crazy Eddie used to say " Our Prices are Insane "

Too bad we can’t send RJ to Miami nave Riley/Spolstra get him in shape and mail him back to Knicks.

Agree - have NEVER been a proponent of putting on too much muscle/weight for hoops. Yes you need to get strong but ultimately quickness/explosiveness is most important component of being in proper shape. RJ is slow as F by NBA standards and he really does look 35 out there.

blkexec
Member: #748
12/4/2022  9:44 AM
wargames wrote:You keep RJ and move Randle.

Yep. And guess who we bringing in for RANDLE?

wait for it…..

NOBODY

Addition by Subtraction

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
Member: #748
12/4/2022  9:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/4/2022  9:51 AM
We knew Randle wasn’t long term so we drafted his replacement.

We knew RJ was 22 and has potential on his side. Time to hand the keys over to JB and RJ.

With Randle gone, Obi and Cams mins increase. So we get to see some interesting lineups.

We also get a higher draft pick.

Sounds like a win win to me.

I would use that PF position to rotate different players based on matchups. For a twin towers look say again minny, we move Hart to PF. Running team use Obi. For defensive lockdown start Cam.

I really want to see more Cam and Grimes on the court at the same time. I missed some games but following online looks like they sub in for each other.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

12/4/2022  10:05 AM
Neither
The Future is Bright!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/4/2022  10:09 AM
I'd be open to trading both. As someone else pointed out, Randle is too inconsistent to be our second best player.

I'm pretty sure that if RJ went back to the 2, we would see him resuming his progression as an NBA player. Problem is that we have a logjam at the 2, and Quickley would make a more dangerous SG. Can score in many ways now. Also defends very well.

You put RJ on a team that needs an SG, I see him going back to looking like a borderline all-star. But neither Randle nor RJ look like a good fit with the rest of this roster.

RJ and Randle have had a ton of games to show they are a good fit. They aren't. Who are you keeping?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy