[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Some numbers from our big three and some others.
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/3/2022  11:58 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:3pt shooting.
Our last 8 games:

JB 37%
Randle 33%
Rose 33%
Grimes 28%
IQ 30%
RJ 27%
Toppin 26%
Cam 25%

Troubling. Especially our wings. Is there a case to bring back EF. Not like we have been giving up under 100 a game.

I guess Thibs does have a doghouse but it seems the more permanent occupants are veterans with questionable defense -- Kemba and EF. I'm pro-Thibs but not a big fan of doghouses though.

Cam and Grimes have been perceived as a plus. Question is has that really translated to more wins.
Do feel they are better long term than EF and that we need to see the real affect after they have them healthy for a longer stretch. And by no means am I saying EF should be back in as a starter. Just asking at what point do you let the guy who broke the Knick record for threes back in the rotation? When three point shooting seems to be struggling at the recent rate.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
12/3/2022  1:30 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Our last 8 games:

JB 37%
Randle 33%
Rose 33%
Grimes 28%
IQ 30%
RJ 27%
Toppin 26%
Cam 25%

Troubling. Especially our wings. Is there a case to bring back EF. Not like we have been giving up under 100 a game.

I guess Thibs does have a doghouse but it seems the more permanent occupants are veterans with questionable defense -- Kemba and EF. I'm pro-Thibs but not a big fan of doghouses though.

Cam and Grimes have been perceived as a plus. Question is has that really translated to more wins.
Do feel they are better long term than EF and that we need to see the real affect after they have them healthy for a longer stretch. And by no means am I saying EF should be back in as a starter. Just asking at what point do you let the guy who broke the Knick record for threes back in the rotation? When three point shooting seems to be struggling at the recent rate.

For me, Fournier has a chance to take Reddish’s spot. Reddish is still flying under my “potential” banner, he plays solid defense, has exceptional “biometrics” with his height and length and athleticism. He is makes a lot of mistakes though. And I am not sure whether those are “rookie” mistakes that are prolonged by his lack of playing time or whether they are “him” mistakes because it’s just how he plays.

Fournier is a star shooter that makes a lot of mistakes on defense that are “him” mistakes. So far, the second unit worked well with him and the first unit works better without him. Grimes has “won” the starting job and Reddish is hanging on to the 2nd unit SF. He doesn’t have a lock on it, but I think Fournier is closer to an Austin Rivers situation than not.

This is the Randle.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/3/2022  5:17 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Our last 8 games:

JB 37%
Randle 33%
Rose 33%
Grimes 28%
IQ 30%
RJ 27%
Toppin 26%
Cam 25%

For me, Fournier has a chance to take Reddish’s spot. Reddish is still flying under my “potential” banner, he plays solid defense, has exceptional “biometrics” with his height and length and athleticism. He is makes a lot of mistakes though. And I am not sure whether those are “rookie” mistakes that are prolonged by his lack of playing time or whether they are “him” mistakes because it’s just how he plays.

Fournier is a star shooter that makes a lot of mistakes on defense that are “him” mistakes. So far, the second unit worked well with him and the first unit works better without him. Grimes has “won” the starting job and Reddish is hanging on to the 2nd unit SF. He doesn’t have a lock on it, but I think Fournier is closer to an Austin Rivers situation than not.

Spoken differently, you prefer to play a vet who is very poor defensively and had been struggling to do the one thing he is good at OVER the development over a young player who obviously is making mistakes but needs more playing time?

Like, why? For what benefit?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
HofstraBBall

12/4/2022  7:47 AM
JB 3 Assists vs Dallas?
Deuce 3 in 7 minutes!

Team had 18 for game. 6 in garbage time.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

12/4/2022  8:46 AM
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Our last 8 games:

JB 37%
Randle 33%
Rose 33%
Grimes 28%
IQ 30%
RJ 27%
Toppin 26%
Cam 25%

Spoken differently, you prefer to play a vet who is very poor defensively and had been struggling to do the one thing he is good at OVER the development over a young player who obviously is making mistakes but needs more playing time?

It's Knicks tradition. Darn, it it's how the Knicks always do things. Get your critical Knicks Theory out of here,. What is you some sort of commie know it all.

HofstraBBall

12/5/2022  8:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/5/2022  8:21 AM
VS Cleveland.
17% from 3pt.

Randle 4 assists.
Barrett 1 assist
Grimes 1 assist.
JB 4 assists. 2 in last two minutes.

This team does not pass the ball and has trouble hitting a three.

Defense won the game!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/5/2022  11:45 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:VS Cleveland.
17% from 3pt.

Randle 4 assists.
Barrett 1 assist
Grimes 1 assist.

Defense won the game!

we slowed it down and it was not pretty. But the one stat matters. A win!!!

franco12
Member: #599
USA
12/5/2022  10:03 PM
Nalod wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:VS Cleveland.
17% from 3pt.

Randle 4 assists.
Barrett 1 assist
Grimes 1 assist.

Defense won the game!

we slowed it down and it was not pretty. But the one stat matters. A win!!!

the refs slowed it down!

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
12/6/2022  6:57 AM
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Our last 8 games:

JB 37%
Randle 33%
Rose 33%
Grimes 28%
IQ 30%
RJ 27%
Toppin 26%
Cam 25%

Prefer is probably too strong of a word. “Foresee” is more appropriate. Just reading tea leaves here.

I’m a pretty huge Reddish fan, but he is making some bad mistakes. I can’t tell whether they are rookie mistakes or just him. So, I don’t know if this is development or prolonged agony. In my preference, Reddish gets extended minutes and becomes an elite 3&D like I have been barking about all year.

I’m not really pro Fournier on anything, but his numbers with the second unit (small sample set) are far less condemning than his minutes in the first unit.

I’d “prefer” to break this team up and start over. It has categorical flaws that are now habitual.

This is the Randle.
martin
USA
12/6/2022  10:20 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Our last 8 games:

JB 37%
Randle 33%
Rose 33%
Grimes 28%
IQ 30%
RJ 27%
Toppin 26%
Cam 25%

Prefer is probably too strong of a word. “Foresee” is more appropriate. Just reading tea leaves here.

I’m a pretty huge Reddish fan, but he is making some bad mistakes. I can’t tell whether they are rookie mistakes or just him. So, I don’t know if this is development or prolonged agony. In my preference, Reddish gets extended minutes and becomes an elite 3&D like I have been barking about all year.

I’m not really pro Fournier on anything, but his numbers with the second unit (small sample set) are far less condemning than his minutes in the first unit.

I’d “prefer” to break this team up and start over. It has categorical flaws that are now habitual.

I think you are getting towards the decision-making points every organization has to make. The grey area of development and team winning goals, and IMHO every organization is doing both at the same time and emphasizing one over the other depending on where you fall on the spectrum of deep playoff team to what Houston or Detroit or Spurs are doing.

It's wild to me to see coaches (and obviously Thibs) labeled as a win-now only coach. It's stupid. Every organization has a dev process to it while also knowing how much they have to do to win games. Every team SAYS they want to win as many games as possible and win every game they are about to undertake but have a realistic view on the wins part. You don't see teams hire one type of coaches (maybe full of assistants emphasizing dev) and then dumping them once the team reaches a maturity of a solid playoff team. Obviously team do lean one way or another and it's fluid.

In this scenario, we have Cam and Fournier. Cam is at the end of his contract and the Knicks need more information about what type of player he is; Fournier is a known player, he ain't changing. Maybe he could bring some spacing to that second unit but who cares in the bigger picture of things cause Cam is more important in figuring out if he fits long term.

For me, right now, it's a no-brainer as to why they are sitting Fournier.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/6/2022  11:45 AM
Funny, we view RJ as "Should be a finished piece by now evident by the fact we paid him"......but if we tilted and said "he is given free reign to develop and the pain is part of the process". Is it fair he gets it and IQ and OBI on shorter leashes? Both are older. neither has the upside.
its a concept not a reality. But how many players can we really do this with? Grimes is also getting the preferential treatment. Thats two starters super young.
We really not developing?
Cam would be avg 50 pts in the Gleague. Dude has some very desirable traits and at 23 a good example of a guy that should have stayed in school. Physically he seems not able to really do what his mind wants to. I'd like to keep him but that depends on his financial demands too. He needs a franchise to make a commitment to him. We traded for him, that says something?

Personally I'd like to see Drose finish as a laker perhaps they make a decent run to finish the year or back to Chicago. Im not expecting much in return unless its part of a bigger trade.
Admittingly im not as vested as some in IQ and OBI. I like them alot but if we are drafting our picks they might need to be reconstituted back into future picks or of course part of a bigger trade.

HofstraBBall

12/6/2022  12:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/6/2022  12:15 PM
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Our last 8 games:

JB 37%
Randle 33%
Rose 33%
Grimes 28%
IQ 30%
RJ 27%
Toppin 26%
Cam 25%

I think you are getting towards the decision-making points every organization has to make. The grey area of development and team winning goals, and IMHO every organization is doing both at the same time and emphasizing one over the other depending on where you fall on the spectrum of deep playoff team to what Houston or Detroit or Spurs are doing.

It's wild to me to see coaches (and obviously Thibs) labeled as a win-now only coach. It's stupid. Every organization has a dev process to it while also knowing how much they have to do to win games. Every team SAYS they want to win as many games as possible and win every game they are about to undertake but have a realistic view on the wins part. You don't see teams hire one type of coaches (maybe full of assistants emphasizing dev) and then dumping them once the team reaches a maturity of a solid playoff team. Obviously team do lean one way or another and it's fluid.

In this scenario, we have Cam and Fournier. Cam is at the end of his contract and the Knicks need more information about what type of player he is; Fournier is a known player, he ain't changing. Maybe he could bring some spacing to that second unit but who cares in the bigger picture of things cause Cam is more important in figuring out if he fits long term.

For me, right now, it's a no-brainer as to why they are sitting Fournier.

Agree figuring Cam out is more important.
But how many more games is that? I mean, he is not new to the league. Apparently, Thibs may have seen enough?

Some numbers. In last month.
Knicks with Cam logging zero minutes are 2 and 2.
With him logging more than 20 minutes, they are 3-4.
Shooting during starts. 40% FG , 26% from 3pt. Combined -16 for all starts.

Reason for question of when do you give EF some minutes. Unless there has already been a decision to move Rose and EF by deadline. Which may make sense.

HofstraBBall

12/8/2022  8:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/8/2022  9:03 AM
Brunson, RJ and IQ 8-35 last night against the Hawks.
Grimes 71% from three against the Hawks. 2 for 11 from 3pt previous 3.
Randle averaging 5.16 assists in last six games.
Randle is a perfect 17 for 17 in last 4 games from the line (for the trolls on game thread(Kemet) asking why he took the tech))
RJ with 1 assist in last two games.
In the last 9 games, Knicks win when IQ plays more than 20 minutes and he shoots over 50%.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/8/2022  8:59 AM
Nalod wrote:

RJ, 21 year old avg 20pts and looked great last year. seriously, we "patient best fans in the most famous arena" already to dump him after 20 so games? Really"?

I don't necessarily want to dump him. But I do want him to be reined in a bit. He doesn't need to lead the team in minutes and shots when he's been shooting putrid.
Pass the ****ing ball, RJ. Let the game come to you. It's been painful to watch him force plays and play with no conscience.

martin
USA
12/8/2022  12:17 PM
some positive defensive numbers

HofstraBBall

12/8/2022  12:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/8/2022  12:29 PM
martin wrote:some positive defensive numbers

Every good team needs "glue guys" that do the things that go unnoticed. Grimes, Simms, IQ, Deuce, Cam seem to be those type.

HofstraBBall

12/9/2022  8:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/9/2022  8:34 AM
Knicks are outscoring opponents by 38.2 pts per 100 possessions when the lineup of
Randle
Quickley
Grimes
Robinson
McBride plays
franco12
Member: #599
USA
12/9/2022  8:40 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:Knicks are outscoring opponents by 38.2 pts per 100 possessions when the lineup of
Randle
Quickley
Grimes
Robinson
McBride plays

My sense is when Randle is out there with those guys, they cover for him, but also get him to give a little bit extra on the d side.

That is an unreal number!

HofstraBBall

12/9/2022  9:13 AM
franco12 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Knicks are outscoring opponents by 38.2 pts per 100 possessions when the lineup of
Randle
Quickley
Grimes
Robinson
McBride plays

My sense is when Randle is out there with those guys, they cover for him, but also get him to give a little bit extra on the d side.

That is an unreal number!

Think that is the perception. Fact is Randle is a good PF defender. Definitely not a guy that is going to close out to an open rotation with the speed of a SF. Which is what Randle haters expect from him. Without taking into account that the Knicks, under Thibs, have had highly rated defensive teams and Randle was on all of them playing high minutes. They also forget that the most important part of a good defensive unit is the completion of the defensive stop by a player rebounding the miss. The function if a good PF. Do agree that Grimes, IQ, Deuce and MR make a huge difference by closing out quickly on rotations. Which is important in covering the three. Which is something we have not done well all year.

HofstraBBall

12/10/2022  8:42 AM
Randle and RJ combine for 59 points game high +17 each.
Off night again for JB but had 11 assists.
Hart at PF went 5-5 and 11 points. Impact on defense.
Knicks shot 38% from 3pt.
Deuce 2-4 from 3pt and great defensive effort.
Some numbers from our big three and some others.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy