[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Obi is fading, he needs to pull up his big boy pants and start impacting games cause he is doing didly out there
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/30/2022  12:48 PM
I don't know what more needs to be said.

He hits a few 3point shots and that's been a nice revelation. But the fast breaks are rarer and rarer and he has GOT to get some tough, in the scrum rebounds for team.

Do something that affects the game cause that's what is being asked of him and he is not doing it.

Obi can do that with 5 minutes of play or 15 or whatever, but DO IT

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

11/30/2022  12:55 PM
I agree. Like if you aren't going to be a plus defender or hit your shots then its negative value.
The Future is Bright!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/30/2022  12:56 PM
Its like the better Randle plays the worse obi does? And visa versa?
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
11/30/2022  12:57 PM
I agree. For all of the nice shooting spurts, he’s not really impacting the game in other areas enough. I am rooting for him to force his way on the floor and prove beyond reasonable doubt that he’s our long term PF but he’s not doing that.
Knixkik
USA
11/30/2022  12:57 PM
Nalod wrote:Its like the better Randle plays the worse obi does? And visa versa?

Honestly this seems true.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/30/2022  1:14 PM
Even RJ be like, I'm impacting games with my poor shooting and the tank is strong with me, Obi-one DO something.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/30/2022  1:17 PM
I thought he finally did better last night- which was good, although everyone was hitting their shot.

He and a group of guys have all hit a bump in the road as far as their shooting.

To some degree, the same thing could be said of just about everyone except JB.

Chandler
Member: #6197

11/30/2022  2:36 PM

another guy who seems lost and the CS isn't really helping IMO. his game at the moment in 3Pt or leak out dunks. occassional back door cuts

why he's not in a PnR or PnP game with the second unit ala Amare is befuddling

(5)(5)
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/30/2022  3:05 PM
Chandler wrote:
another guy who seems lost and the CS isn't really helping IMO. his game at the moment in 3Pt or leak out dunks. occassional back door cuts

Because Amar'e had Nash who was a PnR maestro and MDA whose whole offense was built around the PnR

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
blkexec
Member: #748
11/30/2022  3:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/30/2022  3:13 PM
franco12 wrote:I thought he finally did better last night- which was good, although everyone was hitting their shot.

He and a group of guys have all hit a bump in the road as far as their shooting.

To some degree, the same thing could be said of just about everyone except JB.

I missed the game, but from what I've read in several post game articles, Obi was in a slump leading up to this game. And against Detroit he finally regained his outside shooting.

As far as only playing well, when Randle doesn't. I think for Obi it's about minutes. He seems to play better with more minutes and plays worst with less minutes. He's not like RJ, who can handle the rock and setup his own plays. Obi relies on the PG or the offensive sets to get his shots. So game play and other players directly affect Obi more than most players who can create offense on it's own. Obi can't so his numbers will go up and down, unless he's the featured player. Just my outside opinion.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
11/30/2022  3:45 PM
martin wrote:I don't know what more needs to be said.

He hits a few 3point shots and that's been a nice revelation. But the fast breaks are rarer and rarer and he has GOT to get some tough, in the scrum rebounds for team.

Do something that affects the game cause that's what is being asked of him and he is not doing it.

Obi can do that with 5 minutes of play or 15 or whatever, but DO IT

Looking at last year, his performances were remarkably better with 20+ minutes a game. Overall stats. Can argue that he only gets 20+ minutes when he is doing really well and Randle is doing really bad, but it may also be that he needs to get into a flow of the game.

This is the Randle.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/30/2022  3:51 PM
Let's just trade Randle, start Obi and get the tank rolling again. Also, we've seen enough from JB. Let's rest his quad and sit him on the bench and give IQ those minutes. Maybe bring him back if we can package RJ for a star. #FreeKeels
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

11/30/2022  4:08 PM
Obi looks like a career back up. He’s not irreplaceable and never will be. This is probably the wrong place to mention Haliburton is having a great year
Knixkik
USA
11/30/2022  4:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/30/2022  4:37 PM
Rookie wrote:Obi looks like a career back up. He’s not irreplaceable and never will be. This is probably the wrong place to mention Haliburton is having a great year

Haliburton was the guy. He was a no brainer until Obi fell and everyone said he was too good to pass up. I was high on Bane too , who was drafted like 30th and is the best shooter in the league not named Steph and averaged 25 a game before getting hurt. bane, Haliburton and Maxey are all future all-stars and Knicks could have had 2 of them. Quickley was so good as a rookie and hasn’t made a jump. I’m waiting for this coaching staff to actually really develop one of these guys like other teams.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/30/2022  4:36 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
Chandler wrote:

Because Amar'e had Nash who was a PnR maestro and MDA whose whole offense was built around the PnR

Dont believe we need a Nash-like talent to get more production out of Obi. Just a strategy to get him going in a half court set, Which I havent seen yet.

Chandler
Member: #6197

11/30/2022  6:18 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
Chandler wrote:

Dont believe we need a Nash-like talent to get more production out of Obi. Just a strategy to get him going in a half court set, Which I havent seen yet.

I don't see how we're not running that with Rose or IQ. Obi should roll to hoop for layups or dunks depending and he has now shown he can step back for a pop too. i honestly don't know if we have a plan for him. His strength is scoring so if he stinks some on D we should at least punish the opponent on the other end and hopefully he gets more points than he gives

(5)(5)
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/30/2022  11:34 PM
He’s over emphasized 3 point shooting and it takes away his physical gifts
RIP Crushalot😞
blkexec
Member: #748
11/30/2022  11:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/30/2022  11:43 PM
BRIGGS wrote:He’s over emphasized 3 point shooting and it takes away his physical gifts

More Generational issue than Obi

You can say the same thing for 90% of TODAYS nba players.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/1/2022  7:02 AM
blkexec wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:He’s over emphasized 3 point shooting and it takes away his physical gifts

More Generational issue than Obi

You can say the same thing for 90% of TODAYS nba players.

I kinda agree with Briggs on this and I don't think it's a conscious decision by Obi. I think Thibs is leaning on Obi to bomb away and I don't really blame. He was the hottest shooter on the team when no one else was really hitting. I do think the team as a whole could do a better job find Mitch and Obi when they do dive to the hoop tho.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/1/2022  9:28 AM
Chandler wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
Chandler wrote:

I don't see how we're not running that with Rose or IQ. Obi should roll to hoop for layups or dunks depending and he has now shown he can step back for a pop too. i honestly don't know if we have a plan for him. His strength is scoring so if he stinks some on D we should at least punish the opponent on the other end and hopefully he gets more points than he gives

Been saying this since last year. Obi's athletic ability and vertical game is not being utilized. Obi should be rolling to the basket off PNR's and he has shown that he has a good touch in the mid range. Right now he is mainly hanging outside the 3 point line and is only being utilized as a stretch 4. I do think, more minutes and more confidence would also help his overall game and confidence.

Obi is fading, he needs to pull up his big boy pants and start impacting games cause he is doing didly out there

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy