[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Camby Injury will force trade
Author Thread
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
2/2/2002  9:47 PM
Camby injury guarenteed that Layden would pull a trade, and fast. Knick had the luxury of waiting till the deadline and see what their option are. Knicks now must pull off a trade within this week. knicks cannot get over .500 without an inside presence. camby wasnt a big inside presence but he was the best on our team. I cant stand to watch KT shoot rainbow 15 footers and run back up the other way. Raef little hissy fit was just on-time. Denver suspended him today for cursing out the owner.

Look for one these big men within this week:

Dale Davis
Raef Lafrentz
Danny Fortson
Kelvin Cato
Brad Miller
Keon Clark
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
AUTOADVERT
VG
Member: #68
Australia
2/3/2002  12:00 AM
I agree that the injury will probably force the Knicks to trade for a big man. Does anyone know when the trading-deadline is?? There is not that much time left to make a trade.
ScooterSLP
Member: #198
USA
2/3/2002  2:03 AM
The trade deadline is the 21st, but odds are the Knicks are chained to these bloated contracts for the long haul. I'd love to get Lafrentz or Fortson, but there's hardly any chance that any team would take on too much of the overpaid mediocrity on this squad. I'm all for the Knicks, and I want them to win, but the time has come to blow this flawed roster to bits and rebuild.
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
2/3/2002  12:27 PM
Posted by ScooterSLP:

The trade deadline is the 21st, but odds are the Knicks are chained to these bloated contracts for the long haul. I'd love to get Lafrentz or Fortson, but there's hardly any chance that any team would take on too much of the overpaid mediocrity on this squad. I'm all for the Knicks, and I want them to win, but the time has come to blow this flawed roster to bits and rebuild.

How do we "blow the roster to bits and rebuild" when we have all these bloated contracts? How do we get rid of them? I'm just curious.

[Edited by - knickgeek on 02/03/2002 12:27:50]
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
2/3/2002  12:45 PM
Trade for other bloated contracts like Scottie Pippen or Juwan Howard. Their contracts are somewhere around the 19 mil area and run it's course after next season.

Trade for any ending contracts and draft picks.

The problem with having our bloated contracts is that their return value is lower then what we would like. Blowing it up would mean taking high risks and gettin ugly players in return just to start over again.

So in short we have low trade value.
ScooterSLP
Member: #198
USA
2/3/2002  1:26 PM
That's the problem... too much rebuilding on the fly. The Knicks are going to have to take a hit over the next couple of years, either by trading the overpaid for extreme junk and draft picks, or riding them out. The point is that the patchwork rebuilding has to end.
Camby Injury will force trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy