[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Game Thread] Knicks at Thunder 8pm
Author Thread
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
11/22/2022  8:45 AM
Feels good to get revenge on this team and go into Thanksgiving at .500 after going 3-2 on this road trip! Contenders would have signed up for 3-2 on this tough road trip so good job after it seemed like the sky was falling!

Thunder dropped 145 points on 63% shooting, 17/51 from three last time we played them and dropped 119 points on 48% shooting and 8/24 from three last night so the defensive effort was MUCH better! There were still too many defensive lapses (argh Randle!!!) but overall I thought we did a decent job. Grimes makes a difference. He had some nice defensive stops on SGA, who is unguardable.

Game ball goes to Brunson! Career game by him! He's so much fun to watch if you're an old school fan like me because of his footwork and craftiness! He was just unstoppable! Every time the Thunder made a run, Brunson answered them. His touch is at an elite level! By far the best PG we've had since Marbury and Linsanity for a few weeks! Thank the heavens he didn't get hurt there at the end when Muscala fell on him.

So good to see RJ make some shots! That first dunk got him going. That offensive rebound putback pretty much told us he is over his sickness. He looked a lot better but still too many turnovers. Good to also see IQ make some shots. Love love LOVE Sims! Such a fun player to watch! Thibs seems to love him too! Hartenstein also gave us good minutes including two sick key blocks on SGA. Love Deuce's effort and motor on defense!

And lastly, the zebras were awful! Especially that blonde ref! Almost made Randle go psycho there at the end with her one-sided calls!

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/22/2022  9:05 AM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
11/22/2022  9:43 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Even if it keeps us from having flexibility, or landing a star, I’m okay if we don’t break these two up.

I’m a Knicks fan. I was born in pain! Well, not really but my memory is fuzzy.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

11/22/2022  9:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/22/2022  11:09 AM
Great game by JB. He was the Energizer bunny. Put the team on his back to a winning road trip.
Loved the dimes. We win when he has that going.
RJ with great bounce back game 25/8 62/75%. Set the tone early. Love him going to the basket and not settling for threes.
IQ was the difference. Made big threes when it was close.
Randle 26/11.

A lot of upside left.
Other than RJ and IQ team shot 3-25 from three.
RJ with 6 TOs
Other than Sims and IQ bench shot 4-21
Toppin 2-20 last three games.
MR a non factor.

Consistency will be the key. We have seen this team look like a playoff team in many quarters. Unfortunately, they have also looked like a lottery team on many others.
Grimes will need to get his three going and RJ/IQ will need to get consistent.
Guys struggling need to get it going.

But like many have said, 3-2 on Western trip is not bad. Reward is three days off and an easier schedule.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

11/22/2022  9:49 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Panos wrote:Oklahoma, Oklahoma, Oklahoma!!!

They got some talent.

That’s about a 1 out of 10 talent

They can't all be Rebecca. 😂 I'd tell Hofstra to post a Kourtney pic, but she's been bad luck. At this point we might need start posting fully coifed Thibs pics to get out of this rut.

Rebecca was the key. One thing for sure, she gets JB going!

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
wargames
Member: #6053

11/22/2022  10:35 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

They got some talent.

They can't all be Rebecca. 😂 I'd tell Hofstra to post a Kourtney pic, but she's been bad luck. At this point we might need start posting fully coifed Thibs pics to get out of this rut.

They can’t be too pretty look at Ime….

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

11/22/2022  11:14 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:Great game by JB. He was the Energizer bunny. Put the team on his back to a winning road trip.
RJ with great bounce back game 25/8 62/75%. Set the tone early. Love him going to the basket and not settling for threes.
Randle 26/11.

A lot of upside left.
RJ with 6 TOs
MR a non factor.

Consistency will be the key. We have seen this team look like a playoff team in many quarters. Unfortunately, they have also looked like a lottery team on many others.

But like many have said, 3-2 on Western trip is not bad. Reward is three days off and an easier schedule.

The Jazz, Suns, and Nuggets are at the top of the Western Conference, The Warriors are the defending champs. Each has one home loss, Utah and Denver courtesy of the Knicks. They also beat an OKC team that had embarrassed them at the Garden. We're not in denial of inconsistency and flaws, but it isn't unreasonable to expect improvement. Progress.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/22/2022  11:29 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Great game by JB. He was the Energizer bunny. Put the team on his back to a winning road trip.
Randle 26/11.

A lot of upside left.
RJ with 6 TOs
MR a non factor.

The Jazz, Suns, and Nuggets are at the top of the Western Conference, The Warriors are the defending champs. Each has one home loss, Utah and Denver courtesy of the Knicks. They also beat an OKC team that had embarrassed them at the Garden. We're not in denial of inconsistency and flaws, but it isn't unreasonable to expect improvement. Progress.

Not to mention that 2 wins came on back end of back-to-back. That's hard work and gutting it out.

This was an impressive road trip.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/22/2022  11:52 AM
wargames wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

They got some talent.

They can’t be too pretty look at Ime….

It looks like they called a lot of them up from their G-League team.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/22/2022  12:50 PM
martin wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Randle 26/11.

A lot of upside left.
RJ with 6 TOs
MR a non factor.

Not to mention that 2 wins came on back end of back-to-back. That's hard work and gutting it out.

This was an impressive road trip.

yeah man... and this is not some old guy win now team. We play a ton of kids and they are all over the place. We literally have one consistent player on the roster (well consistently GOOD)
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

11/22/2022  1:23 PM
Good ugly win, but a win is a win....but, wtf was up with Randle? You just don't see players anywhere that entitled that they act like that. That fooker needs to go
martin
USA
11/22/2022  1:31 PM
Love the fact that Knicks have several guys who you can throw on an opponents best wing player or players.

Deuce, Grimes, Cam, IQ, RJ are all different looks and they can all be fierce. 22, 22, 23, 23, 22.

Dang they young and all are very willing movers and can (mostly) fly around perimeter.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/22/2022  1:43 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Caption the video:

Obi: "He little buddy, you know I have been spending a lot of time with your mother and I know how much she means to you".
IQ: "Wtf, dude I will"...
Obi: Keep you head down, just be cool.......Im not trying to be your daddy, but you know If im gonna be around a lot so we need to understand some things.....
IQ: Like what?
Obi: Hey, get me that towel......Ok, thx.......Like why you not lob me as much the last few weeks?
IQ: You been eating the capt crunch?
Obi: Is that what you call her, ok......
IQ: no man, my cereal been getting hit on!
Obi: Oh, sorry, lets go in the lockerroom,
IQ: Then what?
Obi: We both going home when we get off the plane, but we can car pool now!
Iq: Im calling my agent.........

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/22/2022  1:47 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Alternative:

Obi: hey, great road trip! This was fun!
IQ: Yeah, what should we do?
Obi: We should come out about this.
IQ: do we have to do it OKC?
Obi: Good call, they will shoot us here! How about Olrando?
Iq: Desantis! Miami at least?
Obi: What if they trade us?
Iq: We'll always have Oklahoma!

HofstraBBall

11/22/2022  1:55 PM
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Alternative:

Obi: hey, great road trip! This was fun!
IQ: Yeah, what should we do?
Obi: We should come out about this.
IQ: do we have to do it OKC?
Obi: Good call, they will shoot us here! How about Olrando?
Iq: Desantis! Miami at least?
Obi: What if they trade us?
Iq: We'll always have Oklahoma!

Obi: Hey man, glad to see you finally got it going.
IQ: Yeah but they said my ass is out of here if I don't keep it up.
Obi: Yeah, that's what they just told me.
IQ: You tell your landlord you may need to cancel your lease?
Obi: Nah, you?
IQ: Don't have a lease.
Obi: Well we can always stay at my moms.

martin
USA
11/22/2022  2:24 PM
Really nice thread

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/22/2022  9:21 PM
I thought Grimes did a good job defensively on SGA. Still believe he's one of the best on the ball defenders in the league, when healthy.
[Game Thread] Knicks at Thunder 8pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy