[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ALL BALL Official Thread: Knicks @ Rockets 11/18
Author Thread
mintyfreshness33
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #586
USA
11/19/2004  12:53 AM
First off, A great win, im so happy for the knicks.

but, i dont think we played that well, and i was screaming when craw took that last shot, cuz we still had like almost 2 seconds left on the clock and he just launched it, but thank god it went in.

good win, we need to play better defense, and tim thomas sucsk.

bring on the mavs
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/19/2004  12:56 AM
Posted by diderotn:

I have finally watched my team play tonight. I was a little disappointed with the performance, but the end result is acceptable. What in the world is wrong with Tinny Timy? I have called for this guy to be one of our all-stars and he is proving me wrong so far. He took a lot of bad shots and didn't show any defensive intensity. Marburry too pissed me off. I don't know why Lenny or Isiah is trying to take Marburry out of Marburry. This dude is an attack pg, therefore let him play his game. He is trying too hard to become a player that he is not. With Houston out and TT badly struggling, we need Marburry to be an agressor.

A win is a win, but we need to perform better to win the next game. Naser and Kurt Thomas played pretty well tonight. Ariza is young, but this dude has a whole lot of talents. Jamal took some bad shots also, but he redeemed himself at the end.

I want to see the Marburry that we all know, the attack dog.

Thank God that we pull this one off.
I thought that after the 1st quarter, Marbury attacked the basket nicely (especially in the 4th quarter). He did end up taking 16 shots. He also had a 37 pt game this year. I don't think Lenny and Isiah have negatively changed his game.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/19/2004  8:38 AM
Steph and Kurt really mastered the pick and roll yesterday
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/19/2004  9:00 AM
I was shocked that Kurt was actually hitting shots in the 4th quarter which he never seems to do
OldFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #446
11/19/2004  10:03 AM
My take:

Naz - About the best I've seen from him. Great job on the boards - did about as well as could be expected against Yao. Needs to improve his help defense (though, it's tough to help off Yao).

KT - Great game. His usual tough D and rebounding and when he's hitting his jump shot like that it makes a huge difference to the offense. I also have to question his help D , just because there were a lot of drives where no one was there.

TT - Tracy is great but it was ridiculus how poor TTs defense is.

Marbs - I though he played ok. Seems some wanted him to drive more but I thought the paint was pretty packed. (Also, I think YAO has more of an impact then his number of block shots would indicate. Guys like KT and NAZ get some blocked shots because people don't fear them and challenge them all the time. Guys like Yao get blocked shots inspite of the fact the most guys won't even drive if they see them in the lane.)

Crawford - Still has bad shot selection. His D is not great but unlike TT was working at it. The last shot was lucky - but I give him and the team credit for getting back into it in the fourth quarter to give themselves a chance to get lucky.

Aziz - He's an athlete. McGrady abused him a little but he's a rook against a superstar.

Sweeney - Didn't do much.

JYD - hardly played. I thing in some situations he should get extended play but I tend to think he is over-rated my most on this forum. He is decent and hustles, but I would never try to have him cover T-MAC or compare him to Ben Wallace.

Overall our defense is bad. Even given our lack of shot blocking and undersized two - our man to man and especially our help defense could be much better.

Our offense could certainly use a healthy Houston but I was impressed with the relatively good ball movement at times and lack of turn overs. There was one sequence in the fourth quarter that ended with a KT jump shot that reminded me of the old glory years of Reed, Frazier, Bradly...
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/19/2004  10:42 AM
great win, I liked the way we executed late, we answered every basket or run from the Rockets. Nazr outplayed yao. KT was a beast and I thought marbs played a very smart team game. 19/11 is good... Craw kept us in the game, and our bench with Penny and ariza was huge..

As someone mentioned, nazr should of had 10 more FT's if the refs start calling the fouls...

Houston is not a great team, but this is a road win we needed going into tonight, I am not afraid of dallas either..

As far as crawfords D, he did fine I think, he had that big steal late..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/19/2004  10:49 AM
Ehhmmm, a day late but...

YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! THE KNICKS WIN!!!!!!!!!!

Great win because this time we could really finish up the comeback!
What I love about this team is that they don't quit. It may not have
been our best game but getting a win is sooo big! This team is special.

I like how Marbury is playing because unlike last season, he has many players that can score so there is no need for him to score 37 a game to win. He is playing like a true point guard- the point guard many want him to be- and thats great for the team. He will keep attacking and scoring, but its great that he is looking to pass first. He is taking his game to the next level.

Tonight its against the Mavs, who, according to The Post, will be without Dampier. Hopefully the Knicks can take their momentum to this game.

Lets Go Knicks!!!!
Knicks_Fan
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/19/2004  10:52 AM
Posted by OldFan:

My take:

Naz - About the best I've seen from him. Great job on the boards - did about as well as could be expected against Yao. Needs to improve his help defense (though, it's tough to help off Yao).

KT - Great game. His usual tough D and rebounding and when he's hitting his jump shot like that it makes a huge difference to the offense. I also have to question his help D , just because there were a lot of drives where no one was there.

TT - Tracy is great but it was ridiculus how poor TTs defense is.

Marbs - I though he played ok. Seems some wanted him to drive more but I thought the paint was pretty packed. (Also, I think YAO has more of an impact then his number of block shots would indicate. Guys like KT and NAZ get some blocked shots because people don't fear them and challenge them all the time. Guys like Yao get blocked shots inspite of the fact the most guys won't even drive if they see them in the lane.)

Crawford - Still has bad shot selection. His D is not great but unlike TT was working at it. The last shot was lucky - but I give him and the team credit for getting back into it in the fourth quarter to give themselves a chance to get lucky.

Aziz - He's an athlete. McGrady abused him a little but he's a rook against a superstar.

Sweeney - Didn't do much.

JYD - hardly played. I thing in some situations he should get extended play but I tend to think he is over-rated my most on this forum. He is decent and hustles, but I would never try to have him cover T-MAC or compare him to Ben Wallace.

Overall our defense is bad. Even given our lack of shot blocking and undersized two - our man to man and especially our help defense could be much better.

Our offense could certainly use a healthy Houston but I was impressed with the relatively good ball movement at times and lack of turn overs. There was one sequence in the fourth quarter that ended with a KT jump shot that reminded me of the old glory years of Reed, Frazier, Bradly...

I like your take.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/19/2004  11:17 AM
Great win for the KNicks. I want to thank these players and a coach. Ariza, Crawford, KT and Penny they were very good last night. Thank you to JVG as long as he is a coach an opponent always has a chance to beat him.
Bippity10
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #574
11/19/2004  12:50 PM
I just read this post from beginning to end, friggin hilarious. 1 minute into the game and guys were calling for Lenny's hanging. Some of us need to perform some meditation exercises before the games in order to avoid the ineveitable ingame heart attack.
I just hope that people will like me
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/19/2004  1:54 PM
Posted by Bippity10:

I just read this post from beginning to end, friggin hilarious. 1 minute into the game and guys were calling for Lenny's hanging. Some of us need to perform some meditation exercises before the games in order to avoid the ineveitable ingame heart attack.

it is a funny read though.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ALL BALL Official Thread: Knicks @ Rockets 11/18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy