11/18/2022  8:09 PM
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:
Marv wrote:
martin wrote:
martin wrote:
wargames wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
martin wrote:IMHO this is not an outlier type situation, RJ misses a ton of these passes. Basic level stuff.

When RJ locks in to a decision early, he doesn't know how to process other stuff. He got blinders on.

Not sure this is the best example as there are only 3 seconds left on the clock and RJ is covered by 3 guys with no passing lane. Would probably need to see the lead in on this - meaning, could he have passed out earlier?

Agreed he didn't have any real options besides a bad shot at that point. In context to the clock winding down he had to take that shot.

The clip obviously starts at around the 4 or 5 second mark but also cuts off anything before that which may show RJ having even a hint more time.

In the NBA, 4 to 5 seconds is a MASSIVE amount of time to both make a decision and execute it.

RJ ****ed up. Winning players make the right plays more often than not. RJ is more on the NOT side.

So I happened to catch this clip on stream again.

RJ gets the ball just before half court and along sideline with 4.9 seconds left on clock. He dribbles it along the sideline to cross mid court with just over 4 seconds left on clock with literally 4 defenders around him and IQ on the other side of the court ALL ALONE and waving his hands; IQ is near parallel to RJ, only about 5+ feet behind.

RJ uses all 4 seconds to dribble further down court. With 4 guys all around him. IQ still waving, alone, very sad, almost insecure cause of the lack of attention.

It's like when LeBron was screaming and waving at JR with seconds of a tied playoff game winding down.

martin’s hatred is getting so white-hot and pure it’s kind of fun to watch

It does.

Here is my perspective. RJ has so much that has been god-given to him and he has had as great to phenomenal support system around him, literally the perfect opportunity for him to succeed at the highest levels and he can't connect the dots. This is nails on the chalkboard for me.

I get white-hot when I see any young person in that position TBH.

It kills me to see that level of potential not fulfilled, the window is closing for him IMHO. When you see enough of the same mistakes over and over and over, it's when potential closes and his ceiling gets more defined. That's not to say he can't get better but that high end stuff evaporates. I wanna love RJ and just watch him grow, he does have a perfect personality for NY and to succeed and lead the team.

I'd guess his trainers all die a little more inside every year. I know I do from my Knicks love perspective and it's with a player the Knicks picked #3.

Yeah yeah he was sick so there is that, but for the first time in his career I thought I saw some guys hesitate to move ball to him in a few spots. It's starting to crack.

I mean, I want to be wrong and I want someone to tell me why - hard worker ain't gonna cut it, that's average nba standard at best. Yeah, he won't be 23 til this summer but for his time as an athlete in training, his time LEFT to exponentially grow is short.

IMHO RJ barely understands what his strengths are and how to use them and the best he can do is shore up weakness instead of really turn corner and skyrocket.

Martin hitting the hate pipe and found a groove. It happens.

Kind of a weak response. I read every ounce of that and it’s not hatred hiding there it’s purely regret. Me, I thought I saw real upside there and then saw what happened when he got the keys to the car and decided I must have been seeing things. No hatred or regret, I figured I made a mistake in my evaluation and moved on. m is actually invested in this guy and still believes. That’s not hatred that’s love. You gotta love the player to care.

This is the Randle.
AUTOADVERT
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
11/18/2022  8:11 PM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:Martin hitting the hate pipe and found a groove. It happens.

Well I am quite high. And bored, got the COVID for first time. Mostly I got 1-day flu and now light cold and runny nose.

Feel the fury

Nope, Nalod, you were right. Just high

This is the Randle.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/18/2022  8:19 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:

Well I am quite high. And bored, got the COVID for first time. Mostly I got 1-day flu and now light cold and runny nose.

Feel the fury

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
11/19/2022  12:48 AM
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:

Feel the fury

Must be going around. I just had the flu and high? Lol 😂 who’s not high these days. Question is high on what?

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
Member: #748
11/19/2022  12:51 AM
Ok we lost, can we fire Thibs now
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/19/2022  6:57 AM
So I played basketball on Thursday. I am 42. Last time I played was before COVID so more than 2 years ago. My body is still aching 2 days later. Going to go to the sauna to get rid of that lactic acid in the muscle. Our games remind me of the Knicks so much, it's funny. The only passes happen when a player has nowhere to go. Everything is 1on1. There are some picks set and those are the only plays.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
11/19/2022  8:41 AM
ramtour420 wrote:So I played basketball on Thursday. I am 42. Last time I played was before COVID so more than 2 years ago. My body is still aching 2 days later. Going to go to the sauna to get rid of that lactic acid in the muscle. Our games remind me of the Knicks so much, it's funny. The only passes happen when a player has nowhere to go. Everything is 1on1. There are some picks set and those are the only plays.

I'm 40 and same thing happened to me! . Couldn't move for a few days! Just can't hang with the young kids or run the floor like I used to. Still money from three though! But yeah, these kids never ever pass. They all want to be Curry or Luka.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/19/2022  10:31 AM
Me and the flu were at at an impasse last week. 4 days temp never went over 99.7. Ached not bad but in all vulnerable places where I had once surgery or some other affliction. The flu shot antibodies must of kept it at bay. No way to quantify what was going on.
Sinus hurt but that due to daily covid tests all negative.

My UK epiphany: If there is no one to blame for something, there is not much to talk about.

RJ for inconsistency thus create more doubt.
Thibs for not being more Thibs.
Thibs for being too much Thibs.
We don’t win enough.
We don’t lose enough.
Fine someone that annoys us more than team and ride them. PhilC for me.
I found my way to Pano’s heart.
Martin under the weather, take RJ blame up a notch.
Randle good play ruining the “Trade Randle” movement.
Obi not having a good road trip also ruins the “Obi is god”.
Revel in Jazz success ruining his tank campaign is akin to Nets sucking.
Kyrie will be back soon.
Philc resurgence of one liners. Im still trying Pano’s, biting my lip, tongue, and up the meds!
.500 brings the best and worst in us. Hope all stays healthy!

Philc1
Member: #8897

11/20/2022  5:23 PM
Need to hire an offensive head coach after we finally get rid of randle
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

11/20/2022  6:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/20/2022  6:18 PM
Just like Thibs Leon is having difficulty embracing change. He cant let go of Thibs the way thibs had a hard time not playing his vets.

The knicks as a team is not moving forward,they are very inconsistent. The offense is bad and now the defense is getting worse. Can they get Atkinson? Is udoka an option? Han they somehow incorporate something in his contract to keep his pants in check?

Nalod
USA
11/20/2022  6:39 PM
Team expected to be .500 is one game below.
Yeah, fire the coach.
The yoot are not all that either.
Nalod
USA
11/20/2022  6:40 PM
Team expected to be .500 is one game below.
Yeah, fire the coach.
The yoot are not all that either.
And no cred to PHX who is a very good team with a very good record.
Knicks were beaten by a better team on the road.
EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
11/20/2022  7:08 PM
Just saying, every time over the last decade that the Knicks finished with a winning record. Mike Woodson was part of the coaching staff.
This is the Randle.
wargames
Member: #6053

11/20/2022  7:31 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:Just saying, every time over the last decade that the Knicks finished with a winning record. Mike Woodson was part of the coaching staff.

Yes because he’s been the best coach they had in the last two decades…

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/20/2022  11:39 PM
Didnt catch the Phoenix game. Sounds like I didnt miss anything.

The most surprising thing about this season is how flat the team has been, for the most part. One trademark of Thibs coached teams has been hustle. The effort is there, not the intensity, or the swagger.

Quinn Snyder is a good coach, was still considered a good coach when he left. Sometimes teams need a new voice, in spite of past success. Not much under Thibs, but he did get them to overachieve when he first returned to NY as head coach. Like Snyder, Thibs might just have had his run.

Letting Thibs go might be considered merciful. Id like to see him finish the season. But the FO might decide its too much of a trainwreck.

If the FO reaches that decision. As much as I dislike the strategy, then yes we should tank like you know what for Wembanyana/Scoot Henderson. Keeping Thibs might achieve the same result, but firing Thibs would cement the tank as a strategy.

Ive heard calls to do an almost full rebuild. Strongly disagree. We have some good young players, and we need continuity. Its about making the right call about who to keep.

Thibs might find the right mix, and catch a break on injuries. If not, the FO should make the call by the end of the year. So they can put player evaluation on the front burner. For roster building and possible trades.

Jimbo5
Member: #8854

11/21/2022  1:17 AM
It seem like this team is playing just 2 ways, bad or just good enough to squeeze a win. A new voice should be an option the FO should consider.
shinmen
Member: #6029
France
11/21/2022  3:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/21/2022  3:59 AM
I looked at the stats of our most important players that played more than 1 season + Brunson.
I did not include Grimes since he didn't play much this season and Cam since he didn't play much last season.

Jalen Brunson:
lowest in FG%, 3p% and +/- since at least 2020-21

Julius Randle:
in par with career averages in FG%, 3p% is all over the place but below league average, lowest +/- and rebounds since knicks tenure

RJ:
career low in FG%, 3p% and worst +/- since his first season

IQ:
career low in FG%, 3P% and +/-

D Rose:
lowest FG%, 3P% and +/- (by far) since knicks tenure

Obi:
career low in FG% and +/-, career high in 3P% and rebounds

Mitchell Robinson:
career low in FT%, rebounds and worst +/- since his first season

Almost every of our main players are playing career worst. Unless it's a coincidence and we are very unlucky, the coaching staff has got to take the blame here. They are not using this roster correctly. I don't buy the chemistry issue since they've played together for at least 2 years now. the FO should be looking for a replacement.

Looking at these stats it's amazing that we are almost 500.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/21/2022  8:07 AM
shinmen wrote:I looked at the stats of our most important players that played more than 1 season + Brunson.
I did not include Grimes since he didn't play much this season and Cam since he didn't play much last season.

Jalen Brunson:

Julius Randle:
in par with career averages in FG%, 3p% is all over the place but below league average, lowest +/- and rebounds since knicks tenure

RJ:

IQ:

D Rose:

Obi:

Mitchell Robinson:

Almost every of our main players are playing career worst. Unless it's a coincidence and we are very unlucky, the coaching staff has got to take the blame here. They are not using this roster correctly. I don't buy the chemistry issue since they've played together for at least 2 years now. the FO should be looking for a replacement.

Maybe we should be congratulating Thibs on keeping the Knicks in games and winning when maybe they shouldn’t be. But then that is fools gold, like our first season with him.

I am most concerned with RJ. Dude just got extended, and I am not sure that his struggles are related to the pressure of signing the big money deal.

I had hoped Brunson would unlock potential, but maybe it is Thibs system on offense that sucks.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/21/2022  9:59 AM
franco12 wrote:Maybe we should be congratulating Thibs on keeping the Knicks in games and winning when maybe they shouldn’t be. But then that is fools gold, like our first season with him.

I am most concerned with RJ. Dude just got extended, and I am not sure that his struggles are related to the pressure of signing the big money deal.

I had hoped Brunson would unlock potential, but maybe it is Thibs system on offense that sucks.

I think this is a large part of it, especially the fool's gold part. And then, unfortunately, the 2020 season success has set off some further missteps after that.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
11/21/2022  10:09 AM
franco12 wrote:
shinmen wrote:I looked at the stats of our most important players that played more than 1 season + Brunson.

Jalen Brunson:

Julius Randle:

RJ:

IQ:

D Rose:

Obi:

Mitchell Robinson:

Maybe we should be congratulating Thibs on keeping the Knicks in games and winning when maybe they shouldn’t be. But then that is fools gold, like our first season with him.

RJ is a concern but his history as with many good young players are they make strides then hit a wall. This is our first extended player since Charlie Ward? We don’t understand the process of young players actually ascending.
RJ history does create these annual freak out and he serves up a delicious servings of crow.

I saw a better PHX team beat our team. Im seeing Drose be the solid Pro but our yoot is Inconsistant. Grimes health has been too since he started playing last year. Cam too is fragile. RJ is playing because Grimes minutes are and should be limited and Cam is out. Few days ago I asked the faithful: “You want Evan or RJ”?

This team is far from dysfunctional and Thibs being on the hot seat. He is still managing the game better than many fans have their expectations.

Fire Thibs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy