[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Fire Thibs
Author Thread
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/18/2024  10:16 AM
We've made the playoffs 3/4 years since he's been here. Its been a long time and rare occurence in this generation to have a stretch like this. It only feels like we're getting better and will continue to do so. Enjoy the fact that we have culture and continuity here. He has embraced the modern NBA and has adapted his style to fit within it and be competitive. But what remains, and what will always remain is the Thibs culture of play hard every night, don't beat yourself and never give up anything easily.
Every coach, every players makes some mistakes and Thibs has and will continue to make them, but he's doubtlessly one of the best coaches in the game and has been instrumental in saving this franchise from its perpetual doom state.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/18/2024  10:24 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:
martin wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Does teams coached by Thibs over achieve in the regular season?
Or
Underachieve in the playoffs?

Chicken or egg?
Glass half full, or half empty?

Truth is we give Johnny Bryant a lot of credit for development. But Thibs hired him.
How can you quantify "Needs to do a better job during game situations" when he has raised his win totals over 4 years?
Can't all coach's who don't win 82 games a season also "can do a better job"?

If not Thibs, who is your choice that would without a shadow of doubt step in and improve things?

These are all great questions that I don’t have answers for.

Regular season games are great but again, what about the playoffs? The Thibs apologists here never like to hold him accountable and like to blame everything else.

Yes..players get hurt and/or have bad shooting nights. Now what Coach? What’s the new game plan? What adjustments are we making?

Hold Thibs accountable? What the actual **** is that? It’s not a thing, it’s made up garbage

I was waiting for the Thibs homer to show.

Welcome

Calling you a fool is a your definition of a Thibs homer? lol

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/18/2024  11:28 AM
VDesai wrote:We've made the playoffs 3/4 years since he's been here. Its been a long time and rare occurence in this generation to have a stretch like this. It only feels like we're getting better and will continue to do so. Enjoy the fact that we have culture and continuity here. He has embraced the modern NBA and has adapted his style to fit within it and be competitive. But what remains, and what will always remain is the Thibs culture of play hard every night, don't beat yourself and never give up anything easily.
Every coach, every players makes some mistakes and Thibs has and will continue to make them, but he's doubtlessly one of the best coaches in the game and has been instrumental in saving this franchise from its perpetual doom state.
this is the take. Dude is human. He's gonna make the wrong call at time. He's gonna make the wrong sub. It can happen. Look at the team, the players, the culture, the record, all of it... Thib's is absolutely one of the best in the business and surely has been since being here.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/18/2024  2:34 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
martin wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
Or

Chicken or egg?

Truth is we give Johnny Bryant a lot of credit for development. But Thibs hired him.
How can you quantify "Needs to do a better job during game situations" when he has raised his win totals over 4 years?

If not Thibs, who is your choice that would without a shadow of doubt step in and improve things?

Regular season games are great but again, what about the playoffs? The Thibs apologists here never like to hold him accountable and like to blame everything else.

Yes..players get hurt and/or have bad shooting nights. Now what Coach? What’s the new game plan? What adjustments are we making?

Hold Thibs accountable? What the actual **** is that? It’s not a thing, it’s made up garbage

Welcome

...and not anti-thibs. I just don't hold him in the same high regards as some on this board.

There is a "UK Board Position?"

BTW, "Hold accountable"?
Does he go into his pressors an blame others of his teams failure to execute?
In the "STFU" randle season, did Thibs not say "I need to coach him better"?

With Thibs I see self accountability.

Also, your in a place called "Ultimate knicks". Homerism is apparent. Objectivity is not wide spread.
Bad games are blamed on refs, league conspiracy, Silver, Haters and rarely is the opponent given credit. W
Pushing back is futile at times unless you bring facts. Nobody is saying Thibs is a god or won't coach a bad game.

martin
USA
4/18/2024  3:48 PM
Elf is 30 now. He was the Knicks starting guard in the 41-31 bubble season.

Can barely dominate Gleaguers.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/18/2024  4:02 PM
martin wrote:Elf is 30 now. He was the Knicks starting guard in the 41-31 bubble season.

McBride was a monster when he played there. Just smoked guys 24/8/5 in a 8 games I think
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/18/2024  5:09 PM
Kudos to him for staying in the game and trying to get back to the show!
Maybe he wants to get into coaching as well and he in that "leadership role".

YOu know, "leading by example"?

Or maybe he flaunting his money he made and being a selfish ball hog.
Not like Alonzo Trier in the Gleague trying.

blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
4/19/2024  8:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2024  9:01 AM
Nalod wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
martin wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
Or

Chicken or egg?

Welcome

...and not anti-thibs. I just don't hold him in the same high regards as some on this board.

There is a "UK Board Position?"

BTW, "Hold accountable"?
Does he go into his pressors an blame others of his teams failure to execute?
In the "STFU" randle season, did Thibs not say "I need to coach him better"?

With Thibs I see self accountability.

Also, your in a place called "Ultimate knicks". Homerism is apparent. Objectivity is not wide spread.
Bad games are blamed on refs, league conspiracy, Silver, Haters and rarely is the opponent given credit. W
Pushing back is futile at times unless you bring facts. Nobody Nalod is not saying Thibs is a god or won't coach a bad game.

I’m just helping you out. Because some do see Thibs as a god or won’t coach a bad game. It’s time we talk about how we feel.

I see nothing wrong if fans want to hold Thibs accountable. That’s what fans of a team do. Holding accountable = Pointing blame. And regardless of a win or loss, we can always run down the list of who to blame from Léon Ross to the water boy.

This FIRE THIBS thread is lasting longer than I thought.

In Thibs we trust.

Leon Rose for president over Biden and Trump.

Please retire JBs jersey. He needs to be a Knick 4 life.

My Friday morning “Tell em how you feel” post.

Knicks over sixers in 6. If it goes 7, Embiid will borrow Lebrons human growth hormones (at halftime) and single handedly dominate the 4th quarter.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
4/19/2024  8:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2024  8:58 AM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:Elf is 30 now. He was the Knicks starting guard in the 41-31 bubble season.

McBride was a monster when he played there. Just smoked guys 24/8/5 in a 8 games I think

Looks like his current a typical stat line as an NBA STARTER. Time to put some respect on DEUCE name.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
USA
4/19/2024  2:57 PM
Just no all-nighters

Fire Thibs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy