Member: #2
USA
4/14/2024  6:01 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/14/2024  7:38 PM
Unsure which thread has aged worse, this one or the Og AnUnOBy TrADe Is BaD WaHh
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/14/2024  7:48 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:Unsure which thread has aged worse, this one or the Og AnUnOBy TrADe Is BaD WaHh
OG's availability is a concern, but on the flip side im excited to see him under Thibs who continues to level up guys that join up
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
USA
4/16/2024  2:53 PM
This guy is now my fav and you know he is making Knicks videos just for us

Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
4/17/2024  9:28 AM
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:Unsure which thread has aged worse, this one or the Og AnUnOBy TrADe Is BaD WaHh
OG's availability is a concern, but on the flip side im excited to see him under Thibs who continues to level up guys that join up

Except in the playoffs

fishmike
USA
4/17/2024  10:29 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Except in the playoffs

emo propaganda without much data but if you wanna cling to that enjoy

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NYK/2023.html Look, you can even sort by playoffs

I guess you hang IQ's poor performance and Jule's bad ankle on Thibs... that's understandable but the other guys seemed to do OK. Some might even say "pretty phucking good"

Swishfm3
4/17/2024  2:17 PM
fishmike wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Except in the playoffs

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NYK/2023.html Look, you can even sort by playoffs

I guess you hang IQ's poor performance and Jule's bad ankle on Thibs... that's understandable but the other guys seemed to do OK. Some might even say "pretty phucking good"

31-41

Finals once (with an NBA MVP on the roster). hasn't sniffed it since. Couple of semi finals bounces..even more first rounders...but sure, its 100% the players fault. Go with that.

Lets all ignore the fact that J.Hart has always played this way his whole NBA career and DDV has always been this aggressive on offense (before his ankle surgery) but lets keep giving all praise to Coach Thibs for his player development

Q. Grimes
P. Achiuwa
J. Sims
O. Toppin
RJ Barrett...all say hi

*Disclaimer*...I don't hate the guy. I think he's a "good" coach but he certainly needs to do a better job during in game situations.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/17/2024  3:16 PM
Does teams coached by Thibs over achieve in the regular season?
Or
Underachieve in the playoffs?

Chicken or egg?
Glass half full, or half empty?

Truth is we give Johnny Bryant a lot of credit for development. But Thibs hired him.
How can you quantify "Needs to do a better job during game situations" when he has raised his win totals over 4 years?
Can't all coach's who don't win 82 games a season also "can do a better job"?

If not Thibs, who is your choice that would without a shadow of doubt step in and improve things?

fishmike
USA
4/17/2024  3:22 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Except in the playoffs

31-41

Finals once (with an NBA MVP on the roster). hasn't sniffed it since. Couple of semi finals bounces..even more first rounders...but sure, its 100% the players fault. Go with that.

Lets all ignore the fact that J.Hart has always played this way his whole NBA career and DDV has always been this aggressive on offense (before his ankle surgery) but lets keep giving all praise to Coach Thibs for his player development

Q. Grimes
P. Achiuwa
J. Sims
O. Toppin
RJ Barrett...all say hi

*Disclaimer*...I don't hate the guy. I think he's a "good" coach but he certainly needs to do a better job during in game situations.

lol @ good. Sorry it's laughable. As for 31-41 what's the context? Who did he lose to? Its like saying KG was trash until Paul Pierce carried him. Nothing but first round exits.

But yeah... Thibs and a lot of other coaches could be better at situations. Like when that situation is you're facing Lebron's team

Yeah... Thibs is good. Thank god we got a good coach. Hopefully he's better then Nick Nurse.

Swishfm3
4/17/2024  8:55 PM
fishmike wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Except in the playoffs

31-41

Q. Grimes
P. Achiuwa
J. Sims
O. Toppin
RJ Barrett...all say hi

lol @ good. Sorry it's laughable. As for 31-41 what's the context? Who did he lose to? Its like saying KG was trash until Paul Pierce carried him. Nothing but first round exits.

But yeah... Thibs and a lot of other coaches could be better at situations. Like when that situation is you're facing Lebron's team

Yeah... Thibs is good. Thank god we got a good coach. Hopefully he's better then Nick Nurse.

Yeah bro..just ”good”.

You were the one that was trying be clever noting his playoff record and providing the link. Where there it is. Not so impressive.

A couple of years ago he moved Rose to that starting line up (when he was much success as a 6th man) and it back fired horribly. Last Year, he did it again with J. Hart. This year, among all the injuries he should have been “developing” Precious and find time for him in the 4 spot. How much better would this team look with Hart coming off the bench as the 6th man?

Regular season is all about the players. Playoffs is all about the coaches. And Thibs falls short there for me.

With all that said, It does seem like the players like him and they do play hard for him and that’s just as important has the Xs and Os

Swishfm3
4/17/2024  9:08 PM
Nalod wrote:Does teams coached by Thibs over achieve in the regular season?
Or

Chicken or egg?

Truth is we give Johnny Bryant a lot of credit for development. But Thibs hired him.
How can you quantify "Needs to do a better job during game situations" when he has raised his win totals over 4 years?

If not Thibs, who is your choice that would without a shadow of doubt step in and improve things?

These are all great questions that I don’t have answers for.

Regular season games are great but again, what about the playoffs? The Thibs apologists here never like to hold him accountable and like to blame everything else.

Yes..players get hurt and/or have bad shooting nights. Now what Coach? What’s the new game plan? What adjustments are we making?

martin
USA
4/17/2024  9:21 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
Or

Chicken or egg?

Regular season games are great but again, what about the playoffs? The Thibs apologists here never like to hold him accountable and like to blame everything else.

Yes..players get hurt and/or have bad shooting nights. Now what Coach? What’s the new game plan? What adjustments are we making?

Hold Thibs accountable? What the actual **** is that? It’s not a thing, it’s made up garbage

martin
USA
4/17/2024  9:50 PM
Do you have to take an ad out in a paper or something?

“Why oh why couldn’t you beat LeBron Wade Bosh you bad bad Thibs!! You are to BLAME!”

Does that suffice? Is that to account?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/17/2024  10:54 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
Or

Chicken or egg?

I can't speak for others or those deemed "Apologists".
Im long on record that some fans assume we either win or lose games. But hardly the notion that we are defeated? Sometimes your team don't have it, or its the NBA and any team can beat another on a given night.
I am also on record as saying sometimes you have a good plan and the players can't/don't execute it or the plays. Sometimes shots just don't fall.
Your being a bit vague.
Record in the playoffs? Well there are not many championship caliber coaches out there and sometimes you need good fortune to smile. Like when Toronto got past Philly, then moved to finals and GSW lost both Klay and Durant. Nurse is a good coach, but getting half a season from Kawhai Leonard mattered big time.

Are you saying all Championship coaches are great? Is Vogel a better coach than Thibs because of Bubble Chip they won? The guys was good in Orlando. Just not great. Doc Rivers? Won a chip with Thibs. Is he a great coach? Tyronne Lue? He a better coach than Thibs because he got a chip with Lebron?
On paper yes. But they have not been great since they won.

Knicks are well coached and got the 2nd seed by wining just a few more games than others.
Really, 50 wins is not that great. Its an improvement over last year, and they year before, and they year before, etc.

Thats all.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/18/2024  6:59 AM
Was Steve Kerr a great coach when they won the championships, but not now? Just wondering.
foosballnick
Member: #3148

4/18/2024  9:38 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Except in the playoffs

31-41

Q. Grimes
P. Achiuwa
J. Sims
O. Toppin
RJ Barrett...all say hi

Yeah bro..just ”good”.

You were the one that was trying be clever noting his playoff record and providing the link. Where there it is. Not so impressive.

A couple of years ago he moved Rose to that starting line up (when he was much success as a 6th man) and it back fired horribly. Last Year, he did it again with J. Hart. This year, among all the injuries he should have been “developing” Precious and find time for him in the 4 spot. How much better would this team look with Hart coming off the bench as the 6th man?

Regular season is all about the players. Playoffs is all about the coaches. And Thibs falls short there for me.

With all that said, It does seem like the players like him and they do play hard for him and that’s just as important has the Xs and Os

Trying to figure out wtf your point is regarding Precious as it appears to be revisionist history. PA has played in almost every game since getting traded from the Raptors. Note that he was basically considered a throw in and non-factor. Thibs played him from his first available game with the Knicks - starting with lower minutes and then building up his minutes. He played both the 4 and 5, and if you recall there was a period that both Mitch and IHart were injured and Precious was forced into significant minutes at the 5 due to need - but don't let that get in the way of your anti-Thibs narrative. Precious was with the Knicks for 49 games this season. He played 20+ minutes (15 games) to 30+ (6 games) and 40+ minutes (7 games). JHart was forced into duty as the starting 4 with injuries to Randle and OG. At the same time the Knicks were short-handed at center due to injury as well. Again you seem to be conveniently omitting key details in your anti-Thibs narrative.

fishmike
USA
4/18/2024  9:41 AM
martin wrote:Do you have to take an ad out in a paper or something?

“Why oh why couldn’t you beat LeBron Wade Bosh you bad bad Thibs!! You are to BLAME!”

Does that suffice? Is that to account?

I think that covers it... now that we have established that we can move on and back to what a hell of a job Thibs has done here. No more apologies!
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
4/18/2024  9:48 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Except in the playoffs

31-41

Q. Grimes
P. Achiuwa
J. Sims
O. Toppin
RJ Barrett...all say hi

I’ve come to a different conclusion. I called to remove Thibs in the middle of one of their losing streaks two years ago. Offense was stagnant. Lifeless. Seemed like they lost the players. They were taking inefficient shots and missing them. They were getting abused on defense calls. I was all about Cam Reddish and thought he was frozen out of the offense by Randle and Barrett. I blamed Thibs. Still do.

But they made some changes. Removed Reddish and then Fournier from the lineup and started making some wins. Next season, they brought in Brunson and fixed a lot of the inefficient shots. This season, they removed most of the inefficient shooters from the lineup, either by trade or by working on the player.

Now they are playing lock down defense and are in the process of implementing a motion offense. They are playing with an energy that many teams can’t match. If they are leading after 2 quarters, they win by 40. If they are down after 2 quarters, they win by 5. They take over late game with their conditioning.

Thibs defense plus a motion offense is probably the ideal game plan. The motion offense only has like 20 games together and became a necessity after losing Randle’s iso-ball talents. I’d argue it’s the better model overall AND that Randle has every ability to not only fit within it but to thrive. Though he would need to give up a little of his “my turn” approach where he telegraphs to everyone watching that he is gonna shoot and uses his specific gravity for the benefit of his teammates. Randle should be playing the part that Josh Hart has a log a 14/10/10 triple double every night. More if he can finish off the boards. But heliocentric Randle shouldn’t exist any further because even the ball gets trapped in his gravitational pull.

I think we can make a good run this playoffs but won’t be disappointed regardless of what happens. This season was a win in terms of personnel. They’ve added the right kinds of players and set a roadmap for franchise dynasty. Maybe it’s this year. Maybe it’s next. We aren’t full strength and we haven’t used “all” our resources building in “win now” the way many other teams have.

If Thibs has a healthy Team for a full offseason, I think we look more like the Celts in terms of Net Rating next year. And that Boston NY rivalry is good for basketball.

Thibs is at the heart of it. He’s got the locker room. He’s got his players. And they have room to grow and adapt. They are seeking perfection. Thibs is seeking perfection. And I’m all in. No complaints. All I have is aspirations. But this team is on the runway for something special and they won 50 games while still on the runway.

I don’t think this is the time to argue against Thibs methods. He gets a lot out of a little. But now we are seeing what happens when he gets a lot out of a lot. Let’s enjoy the ride.

This is the Randle.
Swishfm3
4/18/2024  10:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/18/2024  10:28 AM
martin wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
Or

Chicken or egg?

Hold Thibs accountable? What the actual **** is that? It’s not a thing, it’s made up garbage

I was waiting for the Thibs homer to show.

Welcome

...and not anti-thibs. I just don't hold him in the same high regards as some on this board.

Fire Thibs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy