[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Grant Hill
Author Thread
manilaballer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #521
Philippines
11/18/2004  1:04 AM
If his ankle holds up for at least half a season, I'll consider this one of the best comebacks in basketball. Big props to Grant Hill, an outstanding athlete and one of the more decent human beings in the game today.

AP - Nov 17, 10:24 pm EST

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- Grant Hill's game is back because his pain is gone.

Hill scored 32 points, his most in 4 1/2 years, and Steve Francis had 33 points and 11 assists, both season highs, to lead the Orlando Magic over the Utah Jazz 107-92 on Wednesday night.

Ankle injuries sidelined Hill after he signed with Orlando before the 2000-01 season, limiting him to 47 games in four years. Now, though, he appears to be back at full strength.

``I feel like I'm continuing to get better every day at practice and every game, and just really kind of showing my teammates what I can do,'' said Hill, who has declared this comeback his last. ``And doing it, hopefully, day in and day out.''

Hill put together a vintage performance against the Jazz -- shaking and baking before a fadeaway, the stop-pop-and-drop jumper, driving for a dunk or a dish. Playing a season-high 41 minutes, Hill added five rebounds and five assists.

``He was just tremendous,'' Utah coach Jerry Sloan said. ``He's always been a great player -- knows how to play and doesn't overdo anything. To see him healthy, I'm happy for him.''

Mostly firing jumpers over Andrei Kirilenko, usually a dependable defensive stopper, Hill shot 13-for-18 in his best offensive performance since scoring 36 points against Minnesota on April 10, 2000.

Hill remembers that game -- he was still with the Detroit Pistons, and the stress fracture in his left ankle was badly flaring up.

But if he was in such pain, how was he able to play so well?

``Because I was good, man,'' replied a proud Hill.

KNICKS 2006
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
11/18/2004  2:20 AM
And the more I watch Dwight Howard, the more I think he'll be better than Kevin Garnett someday.

How can you not be excited for the future of the NBA?

Lebron, Carmelo, Dwight Howard, and Amare Stoudemire (38 points today) are all under 22 years old and playing as good as All-Stars.
#Knickstaps
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/18/2004  7:47 AM
Uh hum, DWAYNE WADE IS THE BEST 22 YR OLD OUT THERE on and off the court.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Bizzy211
Member: #601
USA
11/21/2004  9:43 AM
Posted by playa2:

People always fail to mention this kids name. Dwayne is nice and he's going to be be as good as the other players if he stays away from injury.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
11/21/2004  8:13 PM
Posted by Bizzy211:
Posted by playa2:

People always fail to mention this kids name. Dwayne is nice and he's going to be be as good as the other players if he stays away from injury.

yea......rarely do we see such a young player finish the way dwayne has performed last season less the hype and attention that was extended to james and 'melo during the season. now that diesel completes the roster there should be no comparison that dwayne has the luxury of shaq to rack the stats
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
11/21/2004  8:13 PM
Posted by Bizzy211:
Posted by playa2:

yea......rarely do we see such a young player finish the way dwayne has performed last season less the hype and attention that was extended to james and 'melo during the season. now that diesel completes the roster there should be no comparison that dwayne has the luxury of shaq to rack the stats
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Grant Hill

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy