[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Those who wanted to salary dump Randle…
Author Thread
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
10/24/2022  3:40 PM

This Magic conversation with Shannon about Rus also applies some to Randle and how he was treated last year compared to so far this year.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/24/2022  4:17 PM
Im just glad to see him playing better. I havent defended Randle so much as defended being patient with Randle. He's good enough to work on getting sorted, I thought he showed that in his MIP/AS season. Maybe the shooting was an outlier but I dont think the assists were, that's a trend and Brunson will really help that along with an RJ uptick
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/24/2022  4:47 PM
I can't stand Magic just always pontificating like he all great and above it.
Fact is, he is often right! LOL Something about him that one wants to hate but facts are what they are.
He sucked as Coach and GM, but he brings a truth more times that not!

That Westbrook cannot navigate his situation the last few years is just awful. Harden was on track in part from injury and in part from playing on laurels. He came in this year with a paycut and took it serious. Embiid is out of shape and team not clicking but Harden is playing quite well.

Westbrook never evolved his game. Now, at his peak he was 6-4 lebron. What he is not, is Lebron who did work on his game as he got older.
I really dont' care about Lakers. I like history and looking for him to break Kareems record.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/17/2022  7:03 AM
Second rounder, indeed
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/17/2022  7:32 AM
Panos wrote:Second rounder, indeed

Let's not start talking crazy. Tuna fish 🥪. If he keeps this up, then we can start talking second-rounders.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Panos
11/17/2022  8:56 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Panos wrote:Second rounder, indeed

Let's not start talking crazy. Tuna fish 🥪. If he keeps this up, then we can start talking second-rounders.

Hahahaha

Panos
11/17/2022  9:00 AM
Panos wrote:Man Up!
24/11/6/2
Still the best player on this team.

Last night:
34 (on 52%)/11/4/4

blkexec
Member: #748
11/17/2022  9:09 AM
Panos wrote:
24/11/6/2

Last night:
34 (on 52%)/11/4/4

This is the best time to trade him, but knicks will not do that. Randle is married into the family, just like Brunson. Plus this FO is not savy enough with their trades. But they are great with adding value from the draft.

But I said this before. We are stuck with Randle. If he plays well, fans and the FO will say ok, this is the Randle we expected, lets keep him.

If he plays bad, fans will be calling for his head and asking to trade him. But the FO will not trade him at his lowest value.

So basically Randle is untradeable, unless theirs an offer the FO can't refuse, otherwise he's here to stay. Fournier on the other hand.....

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Panos
11/17/2022  9:14 AM
blkexec wrote:
Panos wrote:
24/11/6/2

Last night:
34 (on 52%)/11/4/4

This is the best time to trade him, but knicks will not do that. Randle is married into the family, just like Brunson. Plus this FO is not savy enough with their trades. But they are great with adding value from the draft.

But I said this before. We are stuck with Randle. If he plays well, fans and the FO will say ok, this is the Randle we expected, lets keep him.

If he plays bad, fans will be calling for his head and asking to trade him. But the FO will not trade him at his lowest value.

So basically Randle is untradeable, unless theirs an offer the FO can't refuse, otherwise he's here to stay. Fournier on the other hand.....

So, let me get this straight. Here's the scenario in your mind:
Randle has a good game.
Leon: "Brock, quick get on the phones and inquire about dumping Randle at a high!
Rick, Make yourself useful! Go sprinkle fairy dust on the other GMs to make them forget last week!!!"

blkexec
11/17/2022  9:34 AM
Panos wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Panos wrote:
24/11/6/2

Last night:
34 (on 52%)/11/4/4

Randle has a good game.
Leon: "Brock, quick get on the phones and inquire about dumping Randle at a high!
Rick, Make yourself useful! Go sprinkle fairy dust on the other GMs to make them forget last week!!!"

Its more like....

Randle has a good game.
Leon: "This is why I didn't trade him. We need him if we are going to make any noise during the playoffs"

Basically the window to trade Randle was during the Obi draft. Otherwise what was the point in drafting Obi? vs drafting a PG (instead of Obi) to help Randle like Brunson is doing now?

Either way, after his performance yesterday and with JBs positive impact on Randle, along with his "whisperer" Randle is here to stay. Also, the most important factor that Thibs is finally playing Obi and Randle together in meaningful minutes, is huge.

The main reason for me to trade Randle was to free up Obi. But if Thibs is willing to play them together, then I back down on trading Randle.

I'm also liking Thibs rotation lately (he's better when there's a tight 9 man rotation). Plus that allows the players to have consisent rotations and minutes now, without losing their momentum sitting too long on the bench.

This is starting to look like that playoff push we had. I think Thibs has found his rotation. Ther problem now is fitting Grimes and Mitchell into this rotation. Thats going to be the challenge that could break the camels back. Until then, enjoy this 2 game west coast win. back to back wins was HUGE.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/17/2022  10:11 AM
Im still open to trading Randle for a superstar. If one suddenly wants a change of scenery. But if Randle's game and winning mindset are back. I'm good with him staying in NY as well.
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

11/18/2022  9:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/18/2022  9:06 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Im still open to trading Randle for a superstar. If one suddenly wants a change of scenery. But if Randle's game and winning mindset are back. I'm good with him staying in NY as well.

Watch for Zion in New Orleans next February. Kawahi is another possibility I don’t think clippers management is happy with him

As much crap I have given Randle I’m not sure I prefer Zion. Zion never plays. However, I think Obi could blossom into a superstar if forced into a full time starter role with Brunson at pg. Zion in NY would also be really good for the nba

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/18/2022  9:12 AM

Im trying Pano’s, I really am!!!!!
TPercy
Member: #5748

11/18/2022  9:22 AM
Kaakwhi averaging like 12 pts per game hell nah
The Future is Bright!
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/18/2022  9:54 AM
blkexec wrote:
Panos wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Panos wrote:
24/11/6/2

Last night:
34 (on 52%)/11/4/4

Randle has a good game.

Its more like....

Randle has a good game.
Leon: "This is why I didn't trade him. We need him if we are going to make any noise during the playoffs"

Basically the window to trade Randle was during the Obi draft. Otherwise what was the point in drafting Obi? vs drafting a PG (instead of Obi) to help Randle like Brunson is doing now?

Either way, after his performance yesterday and with JBs positive impact on Randle, along with his "whisperer" Randle is here to stay. Also, the most important factor that Thibs is finally playing Obi and Randle together in meaningful minutes, is huge.

The main reason for me to trade Randle was to free up Obi. But if Thibs is willing to play them together, then I back down on trading Randle.

I'm also liking Thibs rotation lately (he's better when there's a tight 9 man rotation). Plus that allows the players to have consisent rotations and minutes now, without losing their momentum sitting too long on the bench.

This is starting to look like that playoff push we had. I think Thibs has found his rotation. Ther problem now is fitting Grimes and Mitchell into this rotation. Thats going to be the challenge that could break the camels back. Until then, enjoy this 2 game west coast win. back to back wins was HUGE.

The reason most want to trade Randle.

What is the problem with that thought? Hmmm Knick fans are so predictable and forgetful.

Reference: Frank, Knox, Baker, Iggy, Dotson, Shump, Fields, Thanasis, Chandler, Lee. (Guys Knick fans thought could be more than what they were)

It's why so many play the lottery. Think they can win one despite the odds and reality.

Real question;
What makes you think Obi can be a playoff team's starting PF?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
doomed
Member: #1078
USA
11/18/2022  11:55 AM
some of you need to watch other players on other teams before you obliterate Randle day after day. Randle is one of the best PFs in the game. HE was weird last year but his play this season is closer to 202o--which was nothing short of excellent.
blkexec
11/18/2022  12:02 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Panos wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Panos wrote:
24/11/6/2

Last night:
34 (on 52%)/11/4/4

Randle has a good game.

Its more like....

Randle has a good game.

What is the problem with that thought? Hmmm Knick fans are so predictable and forgetful.

Reference: Frank, Knox, Baker, Iggy, Dotson, Shump, Fields, Thanasis, Chandler, Lee. (Guys Knick fans thought could be more than what they were)

It's why so many play the lottery. Think they can win one despite the odds and reality.

Real question;

Then why draft him?

Also how are you suppose to know anything if he’s not given significant playing time. If he doesn’t pan out ship him. Not sure I understand the issue here.

Either your for this FO and u agree with giving a top 8 pick minimal minutes.

Or you agree the Obi pick was a wasted pick.

Not clear where you stand so it’s difficult to converse. But I know one thing. You can’t tell anything about a player from the bench. And Thibs is finding ways to play him. But Randle, Rose and Fournier are blockers. That’s why u see EF is out which opened up more mins for others. That’s all me and majority of people across multiple platforms are saying.

fishmike
USA
11/18/2022  12:44 PM
blkexec wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Panos wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Panos wrote:
24/11/6/2

Last night:
34 (on 52%)/11/4/4

Randle has a good game.

Its more like....

Randle has a good game.

Real question;

Then why draft him?

Also how are you suppose to know anything if he’s not given significant playing time. If he doesn’t pan out ship him. Not sure I understand the issue here.

Not clear where you stand so it’s difficult to converse. But I know one thing. You can’t tell anything about a player from the bench. And Thibs is finding ways to play him. But Randle, Rose and Fournier are blockers. That’s why u see EF is out which opened up more mins for others. That’s all me and majority of people across multiple platforms are saying.

You didnt answer his question. In fact you literally said the coach should play an inferior player because of the asset attached to him. Then you get mad at the coach...

fishmike
USA
11/18/2022  12:47 PM
We could take a step back, trade Fournier/Randle/Rose for Westbrook and those two unprotected future #1s everyone wants from the Lakers. Let Westbrook run the 2nd unit. Play Obi/Mitch and Sims/Hart as your frontcourt rotation. Hoepfully have a great draft and guys like Grimes/Obi/IQ/Cam take steps forward
blkexec
11/18/2022  12:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/18/2022  12:57 PM
fishmike wrote:
blkexec wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Panos wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Panos wrote:
24/11/6/2

Last night:
34 (on 52%)/11/4/4

Randle has a good game.

Its more like....

Randle has a good game.

Real question;

Then why draft him?

You didnt answer his question. In fact you literally said the coach should play an inferior player because of the asset attached to him. Then you get mad at the coach...

OK, so lets back up. I will help you guys out.

Did I draft Obi? Nope. Did I want to draft Obi? Nope. Guess who drafted Obi and guess who should answer that question? The FO.

Where did I say Obi is a starting PF on a playoff team? I said Obi, Rose, Fournier are blockers.

Now answer that question.

Meanwhile, if the FO drafted Obi and he's due to a contract extension, answer this question. How do you put a contract value on a player, if he's riding the bench? and stuck behind Randle who rarely rides the bench, unless to receive hot breath from his "whisperer"

It ok to point blame at the FO, they don't bite. But unfortunately, I didn't draft him or said his a playoff starting PF.

We can play this game all day. The facts remains. NOBODY can just assume someone is ready for ANYTHING, if they are glued to the bench. So answer this question. How do you know Obi is not a starting PF on a playoff, if he doesn't get PT.

You guys are the same fans ready to throw Cam under the bus, while he was RIDIING THE BENCH. Now that Cam is actually in the starting lineup and receiving significant playing time, EVERYBODY (not just me), can objectively discuss if Cam is ready to be a starting forward on a playoff team.

Those who wanted to salary dump Randle…

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy