[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Those who wanted to salary dump Randle…
Author Thread
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

10/20/2022  12:14 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:If Randall is on his meds, then he is a beast. He has some personality issues but if he is medicated and getting therapy and playing well then he is a beast. Lets hope CAM wins MIP. If Cam averages 16 and 8 and is effeciency we got something.

This right here.

AUTOADVERT
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
10/20/2022  12:17 PM
Philc1 wrote:He played well last night. It doesn’t mean his contact doesn’t still sucks. I’ll gladly eat crow if he plays the entire season like he did yesterday

How does his contract suck?

Panos
10/20/2022  12:23 PM
Rookie wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:If Randall is on his meds, then he is a beast. He has some personality issues but if he is medicated and getting therapy and playing well then he is a beast. Lets hope CAM wins MIP. If Cam averages 16 and 8 and is effeciency we got something.

This right here.

Maybe. And maybe you just don't know anything about what was going on with him last year. First year baby. Maybe family issues, who the hell knows. Let's just hope he's over them, meds or no.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

10/20/2022  1:04 PM
Panos wrote:
Philc1 wrote:He played well last night. It doesn’t mean his contact doesn’t still sucks. I’ll gladly eat crow if he plays the entire season like he did yesterday

3 yrs left on it fully guaranteed at about $94 million

Panos
10/20/2022  1:21 PM
Philc1 wrote:
Panos wrote:

Yes... and? What do you expect to get for that money instead?

Philc1

10/20/2022  2:43 PM
Panos wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
Panos wrote:

Yes... and? What do you expect to get for that money instead?

If he continues to play like he did last night fine. That’s not what he did last year

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/20/2022  3:29 PM
Philc1 wrote:
Panos wrote:

Julius Randle signed a 4 year / $117,089,280 contract with the New York Knicks, including $106,444,800 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $29,272,320. In 2022-23, Randle will earn a base salary of $23,760,000.
In your mind, a small one, that must suck more.

Look over this list and then perhaps conjure up what makes that "suck" more or less.
https://www.spotrac.com/nba/rankings/cap-hit/power-forward/
Consider age, consider who is coming down on the list like Kevin Love, and who os moving up like Zion.
His salary goes up, but so will others.

ccch
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3876

10/20/2022  7:11 PM
J. Randle has to be one of the worse if not the worse situational BB player in the entire NBA. No matter how good he's playing he always seems to find a way to : dibble into double teams and lose the ball, commit an unnecessary fowl, throw the ball away, blow a defensive assignment, etc. at the worse time of the game, usually giving the game away.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/21/2022  5:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/21/2022  5:34 PM
ccch wrote:J. Randle has to be one of the worse if not the worse situational BB player in the entire NBA. No matter how good he's playing he always seems to find a way to : dibble into double teams and lose the ball, commit an unnecessary fowl, throw the ball away, blow a defensive assignment, etc. at the worse time of the game, usually giving the game away.

Randle killing chickens now too?

Perspective is key. Let's not leave out all the guys that missed a play/shot down the stretch in our losses. Including RJ, JB in the Memphis loss Do agree that Randle, and everyone else,can be better down the stretch if we are going to be a playoff team. I remember Starks driving me crazy with bonehead plays. Perspective made those plays tolerable because of his effort. Randle needs to keep sharing the ball, continue to not over dribble and work hard on defense. If he does, the occasional bonehead play may be tolerated. Doubt it though as some choose their own perspective.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
10/21/2022  5:43 PM
Title of this thread is mis-leading. I haven't heard knick fans ask to dump Randle due to salary. I know for me, I've said trade Randle to make room for Obi and others like RJ, Cam, etc....

But thats the old Randle.

The new Randle can stay, until Obi and RJ wakes up.

I also said trade Randle because it's a win win.

It's a win because we get to see Obi with starter or extended minutes.
It's also a win because we might become worst w/o Randle which gives us a higher draft position.

But for now, we good. Wait until after the Detroit game so I can overreact again.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/21/2022  6:50 PM
blkexec wrote:Title of this thread is mis-leading. I haven't heard knick fans ask to dump Randle due to salary. I know for me, I've said trade Randle to make room for Obi and others like RJ, Cam, etc....

It's also a win because we might become worst w/o Randle which gives us a higher draft position.

But for now, we good. Wait until after the Detroit game so I can overreact again.

Eh, he's a bum until proven otherwise. One game doesn't prove nuttin'. Now that Cam kid...

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

10/21/2022  8:58 PM
Panos wrote:
Rookie wrote:

This right here.

Maybe. And maybe you just don't know anything about what was going on with him last year. First year baby. Maybe family issues, who the hell knows. Let's just hope he's over them, meds or no.

That’s what I said.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/21/2022  9:40 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
Panos wrote:
Rookie wrote:

This right here.

That’s what I said.

wait a second. are you saying you LIKED the mo taylor deal?!?!?

EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
10/21/2022  10:15 PM
Marv wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
Panos wrote:
Rookie wrote:

This right here.

That’s what I said.

Malik Rose was better.

This is the Randle.
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

10/22/2022  3:54 AM
Marv wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
Panos wrote:
Rookie wrote:

This right here.

That’s what I said.

Nah, lol. I was saying Randall had problems last year and I hope he is getting over them. But it was obvious he had some type of problem and I hope he is dealing with it.

Panos
10/22/2022  7:41 AM
blkexec wrote:Title of this thread is mis-leading. I haven't heard knick fans ask to dump Randle due to salary. I know for me, I've said trade Randle to make room for Obi and others like RJ, Cam, etc....

What are you talking about? PhilC is talking about it in this very thread!

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

10/22/2022  8:44 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
Panos wrote:
Rookie wrote:

This right here.

That’s what I said.

Shoot, for all we know he could have been forced to stop killing neighborhood cats. It does look like whatever it was it’s behind him. It was definitely something.

EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
10/22/2022  8:48 AM
There is an over abundance of cats these days...
This is the Randle.
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

10/22/2022  11:33 AM
Marv wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
Panos wrote:
Rookie wrote:

This right here.

That’s what I said.

I always called it the moochie Norris deal.

Funny how the Rose deal probably swung the championship that season. Not sure SA would have won without Nazr.

Philc1

10/22/2022  9:17 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Marv wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
Panos wrote:
Rookie wrote:

This right here.

That’s what I said.

Malik Rose was better.

At baseball?

Those who wanted to salary dump Randle…

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy