Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/17/2023  1:16 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
Panos wrote:Man Up!
24/11/6/2
Still the best player on this team.

I think you should become the one to "Man Up" Panos, because I know you're being disingenuous/hypocritical by creating this fake support thread of Julius Randle.

You think I forgot how you crapped all over Julius Randle (alongside of mostly everyone else) within my "leave Julius Randle Alone" thread?

Well, I didn't.

(See below).

Panos wrote:
Rookie wrote:Great, the Knicks are a dysfunctional clown show again. On a night where the Knicks featured ball movement and team play, Randle and his 2 points becomes the story.
Exactly, nice to make NYC even less attractive to Free Agents. SMH

You were harping all over Julius Randle because of a 2 point game while also acting and pretending as if Julius Randle (himself) would make NYC an even "less attractive place" for Free Agents.

Well, thankfully Jalen Brunson didn't listen to you and/or believe what you were typing; now did he?

(I'm like an 🐘 Panos and I haven't forgotten how you refused to have Julius Randle's back as others kicked him while he was down).

If we're gonna be real and stand on our words? Be all the way real about it (don't go playing both sides of the fence man).

\
Dude, you are really needing a hug and told "You were right all along about randle in the face of the boo's and thumbs down"!!
I for one will give you every prop. you need if you just stop trying so hard.
AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
2/17/2023  1:38 PM
Nalod wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
Nalod wrote:Jules first knmick to record a 40pt, 15 reb game since Ewing.

I am sorry, but even though statistically Randle is nowadays comparable to Ewing, I still do not see him as the same level of a player. With Ewing you always knew he would get his, and he would find a way to keep the team in the game, you looked to him as the player who can best get a bucket when you need one. With Randle, his scoring still feels a bit like a crapshoot: will them threes go in or not?
If anything, to me the player on his way to be the most "Ewing-esque" is JB, but let's see how consistent he is going to be over the course of several seasons.

Don't be sorry. I posted a fact and we all digest it different. I never said Randle was better or on par with Ewing. Patrick is top 75 all time player and was amazing for a long ass time. We love to argue. Lebron vs. Jordan. Russell vs Wilt or Kareem, Maple vs Black Mamba (LOL!!)
What does it say? First the pace of things are much different now. Not sure Ewing and his knees could have played as long as he did. Remember by 1996 Pat was slowing it down to the chagrin of coach Nelson. Drove him crazy!!!
That was then, this is now.
Randle is a better version of late in career LJ. Early LG was a sort of Zion-light/Randle bruiser who could fly. Bad Back Larry had a good outside stroke. Randle is a taller and healthier version without the explosive leap (Young Larry was amazin!!).

Do you mean Grand MaMa? He was a beast.

Why was LJ called Grandmama?
During this time, Johnson, who went by his initialism "LJ" and the nickname "Grandmama" (because of a popular series of commercials for Converse, who signed Johnson to an endorsement contract following his entry into the NBA), was featured on the cover of the premiere issue of SLAM.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/17/2023  11:37 PM
blkexec wrote:
Nalod wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
Nalod wrote:Jules first knmick to record a 40pt, 15 reb game since Ewing.

I am sorry, but even though statistically Randle is nowadays comparable to Ewing, I still do not see him as the same level of a player. With Ewing you always knew he would get his, and he would find a way to keep the team in the game, you looked to him as the player who can best get a bucket when you need one. With Randle, his scoring still feels a bit like a crapshoot: will them threes go in or not?
If anything, to me the player on his way to be the most "Ewing-esque" is JB, but let's see how consistent he is going to be over the course of several seasons.

Don't be sorry. I posted a fact and we all digest it different. I never said Randle was better or on par with Ewing. Patrick is top 75 all time player and was amazing for a long ass time. We love to argue. Lebron vs. Jordan. Russell vs Wilt or Kareem, Maple vs Black Mamba (LOL!!)
What does it say? First the pace of things are much different now. Not sure Ewing and his knees could have played as long as he did. Remember by 1996 Pat was slowing it down to the chagrin of coach Nelson. Drove him crazy!!!
That was then, this is now.
Randle is a better version of late in career LJ. Early LG was a sort of Zion-light/Randle bruiser who could fly. Bad Back Larry had a good outside stroke. Randle is a taller and healthier version without the explosive leap (Young Larry was amazin!!).

Do you mean Grand MaMa? He was a beast.

Why was LJ called Grandmama?
During this time, Johnson, who went by his initialism "LJ" and the nickname "Grandmama" (because of a popular series of commercials for Converse, who signed Johnson to an endorsement contract following his entry into the NBA), was featured on the cover of the premiere issue of SLAM.

When you look at Larry and Zion and look again at Charles Barkley’s career the durability really stands out and just how great he was. I think because he lacks a chip and his weight is joked about he is under rated to some degree.
That Zion cannot stay on the court is really a damn shame.

Im not quite as giddy as NYmentaliy is about Randle but his durability and performance is impressive. I would not put him as an alltime great but if he can keep this up in his contract he will be well thought and have had a great knick career. Two allstar games in 4 years.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/18/2023  7:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/20/2023  8:09 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
Panos wrote:Man Up!
24/11/6/2
Still the best player on this team.
I think you should become the one to "Man Up" Panos, because I know you're being disingenuous/hypocritical by creating this fake support thread of Julius Randle.

You think I forgot how you crapped all over Julius Randle (alongside of mostly everyone else) within my "leave Julius Randle Alone" thread?

Well, I didn't.

(See below).

Panos wrote:
Rookie wrote:Great, the Knicks are a dysfunctional clown show again. On a night where the Knicks featured ball movement and team play, Randle and his 2 points becomes the story.
Exactly, nice to make NYC even less attractive to Free Agents. SMH
You were harping all over Julius Randle because of a 2 point game while also acting and pretending as if Julius Randle (himself) would make NYC an even "less attractive place" for Free Agents.

Well, thankfully Jalen Brunson didn't listen to you and/or believe what you were typing; now did he?

(I'm like an 🐘 Panos and I haven't forgotten how you refused to have Julius Randle's back as others kicked him while he was down).

If we're gonna be real and stand on our words? Be all the way real about it (don't go playing both sides of the fence man).

Do you know what the problem is with this country. The same problem as with UK and other social media.
Extremists.
And the extremists are actually in the minority but they make so much noise that they drown out the reasonable (and interesting/insightful) voices.
That's you, NYKmentality. And nixluva. And Kemet. And all the idiots that wants to trade Randle for a second rounder.
There is a middle ground of rational sanity in life. And i walk it proudly.
It's Randle playing great? Yes he is. Better than i expected. Doesn't make me a hypocrite.
I said over and over he was been undervalued by posters on this board.
Is he an MVP? Is he an all time great? No, he's not. Would i trade him in the right deal? If fair deal came along that made the Knicks better than they are today, sure i would.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/6/2023  10:56 AM
Randle last night:
41 pts on 14 of 19 FG%, 2 of 2 3pt%, and 11 of 12 from the stripe
5 assists

Let's hope he can carry some of this over to next games.
Still glad we didn't salary dump him.

Those who wanted to salary dump Randle…

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy