24/11/6/2
Still the best player on this team.
AUTOADVERT
jskinny35
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #928
USA
10/19/2022  11:44 PM
It's a long season - you're posting this after the first game - which we lost?

Randle played well tonight... but how about we see at least 5 games (with us winning some of them) before you defend your crush.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

10/20/2022  12:10 AM
Haters never admit they were wrong. They’re just “truth tellers.” When the hated improves or goes away they move on to the next. Why take pleasure when you can tear down?
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/20/2022  5:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2022  6:02 AM
I was clear that my thread was not a trade Randle thread. Randle did exactly what I said he needed to do. Cut down on the off the dribble 3s, stop forcing up shots, and play within the offense. Randle passed the ball on a lot of shots he would have forced up last year. Having Brunson and Hart out there gave him confidence that he did not need to force the issue, which is EXACTLY how he needs to play this season. That was probably the best game we have seen from Randle since the 2020-2021 season.
Trust the Process
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
10/20/2022  7:09 AM
Panos wrote:Man Up!
24/11/6/2

I wanted to trade the other Randle. This one was doing the right things. Maybe a few stupid fouls that put him in the locker room at crunch time.

I thought the boys had the jitters and shot terribly. They will loosen up and and “decent” shooting team probably wins this game by 15.

The difference between Ja and RJ is a bit apparent. RJ thinks “I’m gonna score” and he attacks the basket, sometimes getting caught. Ja thinks “I’m gonna foul out your big man then score on an underhanded scoop while I solve a puzzle in the air”. He’s taking contact and still rising and purposefully doing more than scoring on his attacks. I hope RJ sees the next level and the differences - how to get the contact and then score.

This is the Randle.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/20/2022  7:41 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
24/11/6/2

I wanted to trade the other Randle. This one was doing the right things. Maybe a few stupid fouls that put him in the locker room at crunch time.

I thought the boys had the jitters and shot terribly. They will loosen up and and “decent” shooting team probably wins this game by 15.

The difference between Ja and RJ is a bit apparent. RJ thinks “I’m gonna score” and he attacks the basket, sometimes getting caught. Ja thinks “I’m gonna foul out your big man then score on an underhanded scoop while I solve a puzzle in the air”. He’s taking contact and still rising and purposefully doing more than scoring on his attacks. I hope RJ sees the next level and the differences - how to get the contact and then score.

Ja has God gifted athleticism which allows him to make plays that are fundamentally poor. RJ doesn't have that level of explosion and will have to make up for it with IQ and patience. I agree that RJ needs to have less tunnel vision barreling into the hoop and a more prescient feel for where his teammates are positioned. RJ had a bad game and it's not the end of the world. But I just need to see how he adjusts.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

10/20/2022  7:43 AM
24/11/6/2

Good. Im happy either way. If he stays, we have a legit tank commander. If he goes, we get a better return package.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/20/2022  8:22 AM
jskinny35 wrote:It's a long season - you're posting this after the first game - which we lost?

Randle played well tonight... but how about we see at least 5 games (with us winning some of them) before you defend your crush.

You are acting like we are talking about Cam or Obi? Maybe the "one game" hater response would be appropriate. It's yet another one of many where our best player posts up a 20/10. Pretty much standard for him and the reason why so many realistic fans thought he should not have been traded for scraps. Nor is this about the Randle "crush". More about the Obi "crush" the haters have.

Those that know basketball, know how hard it is to score 20/10 at consistent basis and who have been watching Randle for more than "5 games" , know he is our best player.
Now has anyone said he is perfect, has nothing to work on, had a great attitude last year, never took bad shots and is a top 20 player? Hell no!

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/20/2022  8:23 AM
Randle looks poised to recover this year. I was very against dumping him, but his challenge of keeping his composure in tough garden games is where his challenge is.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/20/2022  8:24 AM
Jules just played a well poised game all around. The passing was quick and the ball moved.
I was impressed by his chill when things did not go his way. The body language was good.
HofstraBBall

10/20/2022  9:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2022  11:50 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
24/11/6/2

The argument was never about how Randle plays, it was about thinking a former All Star and perennial producer can't improve his game? And the impatience of fans to prefer a knee jerk reaction over reasonable patience. You wanted to do what all fans do, move off a decent player because of a sub par year. Many others judged him as a bad person because he showed frustration and acted poorly on a couple of occasions. Without knowing all the inside issues.
You also wanted to knee jerk a move to a kid that has not shown much yet.
Argument for Randle, by realistic fans, has been that what Randle has done at a consistent level, is not easily found. Nor is it accomplished without an extremely high skill level.

In regards to RJ, many look at his shooting form, number of makes, points scored. Year after year I look to see if he pre catch, post catch reads have improved. They have not. I look to see if he improves his ability to set others up off a drive. He has not. He obviously works real hard on his shooting and moves in the gym. Think his problem is he does not spend enough time watching film. Especially with the coaching staff telling him what the best team play would have been. There are so many times where a simple pass out would find a wide open three point shooter. Or times where he misses the weak side cutter. Hopefully someone gets him under his wing and starts showing him this.
He has the ability, just needs that college level instruction teaching him the game.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/20/2022  9:09 AM
good orgs are patient with good players when they go through things... Randle is a good player. Glad to see him back to playing the way he was when he earned the extension
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
10/20/2022  9:18 AM
By the way, for the record, I'm not saying that Randle should or should not be traded. I think everyone on this roster is tradable in the right deal.
What drove me crazy was people demanding he be traded for a second rounder, or for Russel Westbrook -- and then buy him out.
The idea that Randle has no value is crazy.
Obviously he was going through something last year. I hope he's through it. The year before last he had a better all-around season - IMO - than any that Carmelo Anthony had here scoring/defending/passing. Best all-around season by a Knick player since Ewing. I hope he can approach that again.
EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
10/20/2022  9:19 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
24/11/6/2

Ja has God gifted athleticism which allows him to make plays that are fundamentally poor. RJ doesn't have that level of explosion and will have to make up for it with IQ and patience. I agree that RJ needs to have less tunnel vision barreling into the hoop and a more prescient feel for where his teammates are positioned. RJ had a bad game and it's not the end of the world. But I just need to see how he adjusts.

Agreed on all points. He’s going to be fine. The only shots that bothered me were in OT when Cam clearly had the hot hand and RJ was throwing up bad shots against double coverage. A missed opportunity there.

Game 1 isn’t game over. The Knicks played like they belong in the conversation.

This is the Randle.
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
10/20/2022  9:24 AM
I'm not saying anything about any player until Thanksgiving.
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

10/20/2022  9:45 AM
SergioNYK wrote:I'm not saying anything about any player until Thanksgiving.

Give it 20 games

BigDaddyG

10/20/2022  10:01 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:I'm not saying anything about any player until Thanksgiving.

Give it 20 games yesterday.

Philc1
Member: #8897

10/20/2022  10:45 AM
He played well last night. It doesn’t mean his contact doesn’t still sucks. I’ll gladly eat crow if he plays the entire season like he did yesterday
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

10/20/2022  12:00 PM
If Randall is on his meds, then he is a beast. He has some personality issues but if he is medicated and getting therapy and playing well then he is a beast. Lets hope CAM wins MIP. If Cam averages 16 and 8 and is effeciency we got something.
HofstraBBall

10/20/2022  12:11 PM
Philc1 wrote:He played well last night. It doesn’t mean his contact doesn’t still sucks. I’ll gladly eat crow if he plays the entire season like he did yesterday

You always say that but have yet to prove it. Name the PFs that have the same tenured history of production and are making less?

Those who wanted to salary dump Randle…

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy