[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

When we tried knox for cam reddish
Author Thread
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/14/2022  1:08 PM
We traded the asset formerly known as Kevin Knox for the asset now known as Cam Reddish and we might trade him yet for a future something.

OKC has more draft picks than they know what to do with - maybe they take a flyer on him.

Maybe he is filler in another trade.

None of those things would have been possible for Kevin Knox as we would have had to either sign him or renounce him.

This FO has done a great job of cultivating assets and value for this franchise.

I'd actually nominate the Kevin Knox for trade of the year!

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/14/2022  1:47 PM
franco12 wrote:We traded the asset formerly known as Kevin Knox for the asset now known as Cam Reddish and we might trade him yet for a future something.

OKC has more draft picks than they know what to do with - maybe they take a flyer on him.

None of those things would have been possible for Kevin Knox as we would have had to either sign him or renounce him.

This FO has done a great job of cultivating assets and value for this franchise.

I think its the Charlotte pick that is really chaffing some.

MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
10/14/2022  10:30 PM
Cam is awful.

He’s not athletic, fluid and doesn’t score the ball at a high percentage. That was an awful trade in retrospect.

Front office was 0-5 last offseason. They need to try to move him for something ASAP value isn’t going to increase.

Hopefully we can send him to a place where he can play and get back on track. Not going to happen here

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

10/15/2022  12:04 AM
Not trying to defend Cam but tonight at least I think may have touched/seen the ball once in first 5 minutes he was on the floor.

Does he deserve more - I don’t know but system should have the ball moving more and stop with the IQ jerky-jerky hold the ball only pass to Obi stuff.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/15/2022  12:31 AM
At least Knox could go on a run. Havent seen that from Cam.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

10/15/2022  12:33 AM
Clean wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:Since the Charlotte pick very likely will convey to a pair of second rounders…we gave up Knox and two Keels for Cam. I can live with that.

I would not be in the business of just giving away second round picks. Keels is bad but I think you forget we got Mitch and Sims in the second round.

Gerald Wilkins too -- no I did not forget. My point is I don't think pants wetting is justified by the FO taking a chance on Cam. He's the kind of talent you take a reasonably low risk gamble on.
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
10/15/2022  2:30 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:And not for nothing but even in failure Cam Reddish is the type of potential guy you risk a distant protected pick on.

It's just that sometimes you whiff. Life moves on, but first the complaints and whining and calls for someone to get fired.

Wait, why isn't Thibs getting calls to be fired? Or Randle traded?

You had to do it. Only 6;posts in.

Cam is athletic and long. Potential to be a very good stopper/defender. Truth is, someone needs to tell him their is a nitch for him in the NBA. And that a wing three point shooter is not it. Should take a page out of Obi's book and just run and have high energy. He could be a good transition guy if he did not stop at the three point line. He also needs to cut off the ball more. He plays like the guy that is the main scorer. Waits for ball on top and tells everyone to clear out. Just not that guy. Still feel he is pressing and needs to be given more time though.

Briggs just in need of a fix. Needs that additional pick to post about.

I think this is the nail on the head. He has ability to be more if he develops, works hard, etc... but right now he's still proceeding like he's going to go quickly from a distant bench guy to a main contributor as a starter. He really needs to progress incrementally and try to work his way up. He may be feeling the pressure since this is his contract year. Maybe the ankle isn't helping but I defended him a lot and thought he simply needed more time. Right now he's worse then last season so something has to give for him or I'd be shocked if he's still here at the midway point. I think FO will take anything or use him as a throw in if it continues this way.

gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

10/15/2022  8:07 AM
BRIGGS wrote:We got the same exact sht back. Not a fail but rather a nothing. He’s not gonna fit in and he won’t be happy. See if we can swap him for something down the line like a2028 draft pick second rd.

This is an absolutely ridiculous take. Knox played like he was high- at least Cam has a motor that keeps him running up and down the court. In the game he started he played really solid defense after his first rotation and ended up +15 despite shooting 1-7. Cam has the versatility to defend 1-4 and you saw that game that despite Halliburton's stats looking good, he finished -11 in his time, primarily because Cam was the main defender.

Cam parks in the corner because he has history as a great shooter from there. It's an 82 game season, let's root root for the home team.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/15/2022  11:22 AM
gradyandrew wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:We got the same exact sht back. Not a fail but rather a nothing. He’s not gonna fit in and he won’t be happy. See if we can swap him for something down the line like a2028 draft pick second rd.

This is an absolutely ridiculous take. Knox played like he was high- at least Cam has a motor that keeps him running up and down the court. In the game he started he played really solid defense after his first rotation and ended up +15 despite shooting 1-7. Cam has the versatility to defend 1-4 and you saw that game that despite Halliburton's stats looking good, he finished -11 in his time, primarily because Cam was the main defender.

Cam parks in the corner because he has history as a great shooter from there. It's an 82 game season, let's root root for the home team.

Nope. Its about Briggs being right and letting the world know it!
Cam at 22 with his pedigree was worth the chance. We need a long wing and he is NBA ready. Drafting low or 2nd round rarely gets you a guy ready. It happens, but many picks don't. Nobody thought Cam is a sure thing and he has all season to get it together then decide to pay him or set him free. At the same time he gets to determine his own path.
It plays out as it plays out.

As it stands IQ might have to play his way back in if Grimes produces and Drose is healthy. RJ gonna play 35 min a game. Cam has an opportunity but can't say its looking good for him.

Im rooting for the team to win.

Caseloads
Member: #41
10/16/2022  9:05 AM
franco12 wrote:We traded the asset formerly known as Kevin Knox for the asset now known as Cam Reddish and we might trade him yet for a future something.

OKC has legit prospects and is not trading for Cam Reddish
ItalianStallion
Member: #2526

10/17/2022  6:21 PM
Cam hasn't shot the ball well in pre season, but it's too soon to write him off. To begin with, we don't even know when he started working out fully after the surgery he had. He may behind the others a little in terms of getting his game and shooting sharp. If he busts out, so be it. But I'm not giving up yet. He's been inching forward every year, albeit from a low base. But there is more improvement to come.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/18/2022  3:56 AM
Cam is talented but as the saying goes, it’s getting late early for his career.
franco12
USA
10/18/2022  6:20 AM
Knixkik wrote:Cam is talented but as the saying goes, it’s getting late early for his career.

Short of a massive break out season this year, he is going to be asking Knox how he managed to get that 2 year, $6m contract from Detroit.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/18/2022  9:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/18/2022  9:25 AM
franco12 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Cam is talented but as the saying goes, it’s getting late early for his career.

Short of a massive break out season this year, he is going to be asking Knox how he managed to get that 2 year, $6m contract from Detroit.

The thing is he will probably get traded by mid season to a rebuilding team and it probably won’t help him get a contract either. Playing in OKC or San Antonio playing 25 mpg probably still forces him to sign a 1 year deal elsewhere next year. He needed that good bench role on a playoff team to get a mid level type deal. It’s going to be an uphill battle but I’m hoping he can break out here. He really just needs to become a great shooter.

Alpha1971
Member: #9006

10/18/2022  12:06 PM
Cam would get fixed playing in Toronto. Cam in a deal with picks with Derek Rose for Gary Trent JR or OG
franco12
USA
10/18/2022  12:12 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:Cam would get fixed playing in Toronto. Cam in a deal with picks with Derek Rose for Gary Trent JR or OG

Not sure that would do it.

Cam is that kid in HS who is able to get by as great cause he is bigger/faster than other athletes. He got by 1 year in college, but should have stayed 4 years to work on his fundamentals.

His form is awful on his shot. Whether he can fix it with help or not is whether he can stick in the league.

EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
10/18/2022  12:18 PM
franco12 wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:Cam would get fixed playing in Toronto. Cam in a deal with picks with Derek Rose for Gary Trent JR or OG

Cam is that kid in HS who is able to get by as great cause he is bigger/faster than other athletes. He got by 1 year in college, but should have stayed 4 years to work on his fundamentals.

His form is awful on his shot. Whether he can fix it with help or not is whether he can stick in the league.

He didn't really show out in Pre-season but it was pretty hard for that second unit to play cohesively. Even when Cam started, he didn't have a ton of opportunity to create.

Unfortunately, that's kind of the point. If he is going to earn minutes in the NBA at this point, I think it comes from being a defensive stopper first. That career 92% FT% is staring everyone in the face. That kind of shooting ability should translate to a 3&D paycheck. But he has to earn his way onto the court.

This is the Randle.
Philc1
Member: #8897

10/19/2022  1:04 PM
GustavBahler wrote:At least Knox could go on a run. Havent seen that from Cam.

Basically all he was good at. Homeless man’s Keith Van Horn

Philc1
Member: #8897

10/19/2022  1:05 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
franco12 wrote:

He didn't really show out in Pre-season but it was pretty hard for that second unit to play cohesively. Even when Cam started, he didn't have a ton of opportunity to create.

Unfortunately, that's kind of the point. If he is going to earn minutes in the NBA at this point, I think it comes from being a defensive stopper first. That career 92% FT% is staring everyone in the face. That kind of shooting ability should translate to a 3&D paycheck. But he has to earn his way onto the court.

Just his ability to shoot free throws and defense alone warrants a spot in the rotation. I’m so sick and tired of watching us brick easy free throws

MS
Member: #724
10/19/2022  2:35 PM
What does Cam do well.

His shot is broken, he doesn’t attack the basket, average defender. He’s was a puzzle coming into the league and hasn’t put it together.

Honestly Knox at least looked like he could shoot the ball in limited minutes.

Both guys have no motor or the dedication to stick. Think they need to try to move him quickly.

When we tried knox for cam reddish

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy