[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

When we tried knox for cam reddish
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/14/2022  9:56 AM
We got the same exact sht back. Not a fail but rather a nothing. He’s not gonna fit in and he won’t be happy. See if we can swap him for something down the line like a2028 draft pick second rd.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

10/14/2022  10:02 AM
It’a preseason…
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Swishfm3
Member: #392
10/14/2022  10:06 AM
wargames wrote:It’a preseason…

It is but if you have watched any of these preseason games you would see that he doesn't look good out there. This is the time he should be proving that he deserves some minutes and unfortunately he is not.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/14/2022  10:08 AM
BRIGGS wrote:We got the same exact sht back. Not a fail but rather a nothing. He’s not gonna fit in and he won’t be happy. See if we can swap him for something down the line like a2028 draft pick second rd.

Would you give up an asset for Reddish after his pre-season performance? It's not like we're talking about a guy with an extensive history of success.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

10/14/2022  10:17 AM
Since the Charlotte pick very likely will convey to a pair of second rounders…we gave up Knox and two Keels for Cam. I can live with that.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/14/2022  10:33 AM

I like this headline from Knicks Daily article "Knicks’ Cam Reddish is forcing himself out of rotation he already wasn’t in"

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/14/2022  10:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/14/2022  10:36 AM
And not for nothing but even in failure Cam Reddish is the type of potential guy you risk a distant protected pick on.

It's just that sometimes you whiff. Life moves on, but first the complaints and whining and calls for someone to get fired.

Wait, why isn't Thibs getting calls to be fired? Or Randle traded?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/14/2022  11:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/14/2022  11:18 AM
martin wrote:And not for nothing but even in failure Cam Reddish is the type of potential guy you risk a distant protected pick on.

It's just that sometimes you whiff. Life moves on, but first the complaints and whining and calls for someone to get fired.

You had to do it. Only 6;posts in.

Cam is athletic and long. Potential to be a very good stopper/defender. Truth is, someone needs to tell him their is a nitch for him in the NBA. And that a wing three point shooter is not it. Should take a page out of Obi's book and just run and have high energy. He could be a good transition guy if he did not stop at the three point line. He also needs to cut off the ball more. He plays like the guy that is the main scorer. Waits for ball on top and tells everyone to clear out. Just not that guy. Still feel he is pressing and needs to be given more time though.

Briggs just in need of a fix. Needs that additional pick to post about.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/14/2022  11:24 AM
Cam Reddish career is not going well at the moment.
He will be restricted FA after this season. Its a long season.
Not sure we'll extend him him an offer or let him fly.
As martin said, sometimes you win and sometimes you don't.
Fans get hyper focused on things and love the "gotchas". We have seen early laments on draft picks we could have had, but forget it was needed for Brunson.
Naturally Leon should be taken round the wood shed and beaten for that franchise killing Kemba move all the while we forget about Drose.
Other teams **** up too. Good teams **** up. We just not a good team yet.
Preseason we see Drose not play, now we all "dependant on him". See Indy rookie do well "He rookie of the year". We beat on Detroit and Indy to start 2-0 "we gonna win 50 games!"
Cam looks like ****. He ankle caved on a drive. He has to play thru it and earn his stripes with knicks. He needs to sit and try it again in few weeks. He'll have other chances. If not, we'll draft his replacement or make a deal with our treasure trove of pick Currency.
FO will make some deals that will be brilliant. others will not like this one. You increase opportunty/luck by increasing the velocity of chances. Thats what the picks are for. Thats what having deep roster with NBA players with some value are for other than just on the court. They are trade fodder. IQ, Grimes, Sims, Obi can play and might be desired in trade. Not saying thats what happens but we are poised for a deal.
BigDaddyG

10/14/2022  11:24 AM
martin wrote:And not for nothing but even in failure Cam Reddish is the type of potential guy you risk a distant protected pick on.

You mind as well go in front of the bathroom mirror and say Candyman 5X. Don't worry thread is coming. Just waiting for Randle to build up his value to the point that the Knicks can at least get a slice from Sbarro in return.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
10/14/2022  11:26 AM
Reddish was a risk worth taking but it's still early. He hasn't earned a rotation spot but it's a long season and he will get an opportunity at some point so we'll see.
HofstraBBall

10/14/2022  11:53 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

You mind as well go in front of the bathroom mirror and say Candyman 5X. Don't worry thread is coming. Just waiting for Randle to build up his value to the point that the Knicks can at least get a slice from Sbarro in return.

Why would Knicks get rid of Randle if he builds his value up?
He is reasonably priced. Put out good numbers. So if he improves his efficiency and team play they would want to trade him?

Nah, the Randle haters ain't getting their pizza!

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
blkexec
Member: #748
10/14/2022  11:56 AM

Everybody looks good under no pressure! Just sit back and watch the show. The punchline is never in the beginning. Relax it's coming....

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Chandler
Member: #6197

10/14/2022  11:58 AM
definitely worth the risk. He at least has the potential to contribute as a long SF.

he needs to earn his minutes with D and then be a lot smarter about shot selection. We just need to be patient

(5)(5)
blkexec
Member: #748
10/14/2022  12:04 PM

I also want to give Thibs and Randle their flowers. Both are exceeding my expectations but it's preseason so I'm not going to get too high or too low.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Clean
Member: #743
10/14/2022  12:29 PM

I never thought he he had potential. He was more hype than anything. I mean he still has hype online now after how badly he has played. What I think happens is every game he will pull off some amazingly tough layup and everyone gets stars in their eyes and hope he will eventually stop taking low quality shots.

When I see potential it is in players like Maxey. This dude his first year could not shoot but you seen in his game and his mental makeup you know he will improve. He always makes the right play. Every time I watch him he makes simple basketball plays. He can do all those acrobatic layups that Cam tries to do but instead he settings for the open mid range shot the defense gave him. In the same situation Cam would have forced a contested off balance 3 or forced a drive to attempt a Doctor J type layup that if he actually hit on the 10% chance it goes in it makes the sports center highlight and build more hype for him. That is the kind of player who I think has potential.

Clean
10/14/2022  12:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/14/2022  12:31 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Since the Charlotte pick very likely will convey to a pair of second rounders…we gave up Knox and two Keels for Cam. I can live with that.

I would not be in the business of just giving away second round picks. Keels is bad but I think you forget we got Mitch and Sims in the second round.

Clean
10/14/2022  12:37 PM
blkexec wrote:

I also want to give Thibs and Randle their flowers. Both are exceeding my expectations but it's preseason so I'm not going to get too high or too low.

I totally agree with this. Thibs has done exactly what I wanted him to do with the preseason. He gave some players lower on the rotation list some burn so we can see what we have and he staggered the subs some so we can experiment with different lineups and see how they work. On the topic of Randle, he has fit into the role of 2nd/3rd option better than I would have ever imagined and there has been no hustle or attitude problems.

HofstraBBall

10/14/2022  12:58 PM
blkexec wrote:

Everybody looks good under no pressure! Just sit back and watch the show. The punchline is never in the beginning. Relax it's coming....

Except for Cam amd Deuce I guess?

BigDaddyG

10/14/2022  1:07 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Why would Knicks get rid of Randle if he builds his value up?
He is reasonably priced. Put out good numbers. So if he improves his efficiency and team play they would want to trade him?

Nah, the Randle haters ain't getting their pizza!

Early days my friend.

When we tried knox for cam reddish

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy