[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Around the NBA 2022-23
Author Thread
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

10/10/2022  6:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/10/2022  6:35 PM
ToddTT wrote:Melo still not signed.

If Julius or Obi miss significant time, who’s filling in?

Hart? Reddish? Sims?

Just use RJ at the 4 and go small ball

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/10/2022  10:03 PM
Philc1 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Philc1 wrote:Murray probably would have cost us RJ and multiple first rd picks. Rather have Brunson and the picks we got back in exchange for cap manuevering

Naw, I don't think it would've taken RJ. San Antonio was fine with Danilo. They might've taken Fournier. But it would've required 4 to 5 picks.

Gallo was an expiring contract. Fournier has 3 years left on his current deal.

EF has two years and a club option. And yes it matters.
Its not hard to google a players name with spotrac and get contract info.

thanks for backing up my point

You the man!

Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
10/10/2022  10:23 PM

I think I heard someone say Grimes was a PG in HS but I had no idea he was passing like this.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/10/2022  11:03 PM
Mwas watching Wiz preseason game. KP looked spry on both ends of the court.Then he turned his ankle, and left the game. The annoucer was right. KP has to change the way he gets to the rim. Granted, its not easy for a 7fter.
Nalod
USA
10/11/2022  8:23 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Mwas watching Wiz preseason game. KP looked spry on both ends of the court.Then he turned his ankle, and left the game. The annoucer was right. KP has to change the way he gets to the rim. Granted, its not easy for a 7fter.

Good point. I thought he looked very good after first game in Japan and his “unicorn” movement. WE saw it in NY those ankles roll. Damn,, game vs. Milwaukee I thought he broke it going for a loose ball out of bounds. The rim crashing for follow ups were dangerous moves. Maybe its the frequency a dude over 7 foot does it and then landing in traffic will cause greater stress to the ligaments?
His ball instincts were so good. His handle was uneven because of his height and players swatting at it. Hard for big dudes to get low handle.
The Alien when he gets to the NBA will face much stringer guys and the key will be if he can transform into a body type like Giannis. Of course, his physiology will play a big role in health. Genetics, luck, and hard work all create what will be. KP came close on most of that.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/11/2022  8:57 AM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Mwas watching Wiz preseason game. KP looked spry on both ends of the court.Then he turned his ankle, and left the game. The annoucer was right. KP has to change the way he gets to the rim. Granted, its not easy for a 7fter.

Good point. I thought he looked very good after first game in Japan and his “unicorn” movement. WE saw it in NY those ankles roll. Damn,, game vs. Milwaukee I thought he broke it going for a loose ball out of bounds. The rim crashing for follow ups were dangerous moves. Maybe its the frequency a dude over 7 foot does it and then landing in traffic will cause greater stress to the ligaments?
His ball instincts were so good. His handle was uneven because of his height and players swatting at it. Hard for big dudes to get low handle.
The Alien when he gets to the NBA will face much stringer guys and the key will be if he can transform into a body type like Giannis. Of course, his physiology will play a big role in health. Genetics, luck, and hard work all create what will be. KP came close on most of that.

Let's hope Beal and KP can string together enough games to make the play-in. Unlikely given their injury histories. A tall order even if they are healthy. But another first rounder will be useful this year, even if it's just to flip it for future draft assets.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/11/2022  9:11 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Let's hope Beal and KP can string together enough games to make the play-in. Unlikely given their injury histories. A tall order even if they are healthy. But another first rounder will be useful this year, even if it's just to flip it for future draft assets.

The one thing I don't get with Washington is who are their PGs? Quick glance at their roster and I can't pick one out.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
10/11/2022  9:23 AM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:

The one thing I don't get with Washington is who are their PGs? Quick glance at their roster and I can't pick one out.

they bought in Monte Morris from Denver who did a good job last season. I suppose they see him on the way up and hold it down for now?

BigDaddyG

10/11/2022  9:44 AM
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:

they bought in Monte Morris from Denver who did a good job last season. I suppose they see him on the way up and hold it down for now?

Probably doesn't matter so much. Beal is going to take the majority of possessions at the end of the day anyway. They just need Morris to play above replacement level.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

10/11/2022  9:53 PM
The type of deep bench combo forward type I think the team could use . You know what they say... Once a Knick...
Philc1

10/12/2022  11:21 AM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Porzingis

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

10/12/2022  5:37 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:The type of deep bench combo forward type I think the team could use . You know what they say... Once a Knick...

Yes if the money fits he could be a contributed as a back up to Obi or Randal if either one gets injured. Or even back up Barrett.

BigDaddyG

10/13/2022  9:20 AM
The Mavs got their Brunson replacement in Campazzo
martin
USA
10/13/2022  9:51 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:The Mavs got their Brunson replacement in Campazzo

Had Brunson and are hoping to sign J.J. Barea lite but really are just getting Campazzo

Clean
10/15/2022  1:34 PM

I'm good with RJ's contract. He is getting paid the least and in my opinion is the best one. Herro plays off the bench so his numbers is inflated and he is nearly unplayable in the playoffs when teams hunt him out. Poole is good but would he be nearly as good without all the talent that GSW has? How good would he be as the best person on the team? I am not sure he does better than RJ in that role.
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
10/15/2022  4:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/15/2022  4:44 PM
Clean wrote:
I'm good with RJ's contract. He is getting paid the least and in my opinion is the best one. Herro plays off the bench so his numbers is inflated and he is nearly unplayable in the playoffs when teams hunt him out. Poole is good but would he be nearly as good without all the talent that GSW has? How good would he be as the best person on the team? I am not sure he does better than RJ in that role.

They may have their multi-year contracts, but I’ve got this going for me, which is nice…

Philc1

10/15/2022  5:22 PM
Clean wrote:

It’s wierd because the media keeps telling us Herro is 30x better than RJ so shouldn’t be getting 30x the money?

martin
USA
10/15/2022  5:35 PM

martin
USA
10/15/2022  5:36 PM
Clean
10/15/2022  5:45 PM
Things are looking more and more like Green will be the odd man out. He wants to be a Laker but I doubt the Lakers have money for him after they get Kyrie next offseason.
Around the NBA 2022-23

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy